Would you all be interested ina Gardening board?

I’ve got pale white spots on some squash leaves. I look up it says could be powdery mildew or natural spots. Uhh do what?

1 Like

EVERY SINGLE zucchini I’ve ever grown has had these spots on the leaves. I’ve completely abandoned even trying to battle them because all of the zucchinis that grow are bangin and have no problems. The plants are literally 3’ long and 3’ tall? So then I wonder, does it ACTUALLY negatively affect zucchini plants? I know it does for nugs lol but it’s only on the leaves of the plant, not anywhere near the actual zucchini.

If you want to battle it, do it like you would weed. Organic is always better in my opinion. All my produce is organic. I don’t even add nutrients to the soil. I just till it. My tomatoes grew to 8’ tall this year, and my green beans have produced over and over. I think I just have great soil lol

I planted 4 weed plants outside a few weeks ago. I put 3 in my big garden, and 1 in my little raised bed garden. Last night when I went and checked on the 3 in the garden, I could not believe how big they have grown already! I’ll take pics and post them in here, even though it’s the garden corner I think you should see. The one in the raised garden bed is clearly smaller. I’m so surprised too because I’ve actually given that one nutrients! But I wrote all of this to just show that I think the main garden has great soil, based on everything I’ve seen.

1 Like

Mine are in rough clay soil but mixed with a lot of cow manure. They are in a little green house and it must be too hot as a few grew up to some holes in top plastic. I guided them through and they look better up on the green house roof then below. Long thick stalks and big leaves but no squash. Had a fingernail size butternut but it fell off. Lol. Oh well I enjoy watch squash climb and grow where it wants with tendrils as much as I enjoy butternut soup.

Sounds like sunburn to me

Those leaves hold water drops forever, and water beads act like a lens, and cause burns in the direct sun

2 Likes

Great idea Latewood.

David.

1 Like

Got a twist tiller from wibbideeWalmart $11 lol wanted one for a year but didn’t want to spend $20.

1 Like

Oh…I would love a vine ripe tomato right now! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Make a topic in The Garden’s Corner and add a picture. Spots can be several things. Sometimes it is due to rain or sprinklers causing soil to deflect onto the leaves.

1 Like

It is a common thing that bugs eat leaves of tomato’s, cukes, zuchini, etc. with no damage to the fruit. :slight_smile:
I would prefer you share your pot pictures in a new topic in the soil cannabis area of the forum. great to hear about your great soil.

It is probably the heat that is causing flower drop, and no fruit to grow. That is what I am dealing with right now.

1 Like

We’re just the opposite in the north-east terrible season my first ripe tomato is a month late and now the damn squirrels are starting to eat them because of the drought we’re having

I’ve never had a squirrel eat a tomato in my life and now I’ve lost a couple dozen

In case you’re thinking what I first thought I don’t live in the country anymore so I can’t shoot them with my pellet gun :-/

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the government’s using squirrels to mess with you man. Told you

3 Likes

You’re preaching to the choir brother !
( and I think they may be clones too ? ):biohazard:

1 Like

I’m in the north east, too, and something has been eating our tomatoes…I hadn’t thought of squirrels but it’s sad and frustrating how difficult it has gotten to grow outside…especially this year.
I walk around the yard and I see leaf spots, mildew, our area is in a mild drought. The cannabis I grew outside got mold…

It’s time to move underground!

That must be what is happening with my flowers as well. I’ve been losing my mind trying to figure that out.

Maybe a blow gun with some darts?

2 Likes

Where should we go to discuss things beside “buddah”

2 Likes

Well, we tend to discuss weed in the open forum. They gave us the lounge for anything but weed.

That’s a possibility… I was also thinking of electrifying the fence ? :zap:

1 Like