Would you all be interested ina Gardening board?

I put in greenhouse I got at biglots and blocked front door so dog can’t get in. She loves some cow manure and organic fert but it’s so hot plants look bad squash grew up and through some holes I made for air. Lol they look great on the roof and I have a little squash growing. Making a pvc greenhouse but may just use screen to keep out varmints like my dog and two cats.

Those small solar chargers work perfectly for small critters. And you can find em cheap

1 Like

Do they actually work? I’ve been so curious about them! Little bunnies keep sneaking through my fencing. I don’t really mind them though, they eat what drops on the ground. It’s the ground hogs I despise!

1 Like

Get you a mountain dog. That girl runs off everything. lol I haven’t seen a squirrel in a year. She even chases the bees lol. But then you have a 130 lb dog eating your plants. Hmm this was no help. Carry on.

I’ve shot 15 groundhogs in my yard this year. They wiped out $50 worth of flowers, but the bastards got two of my girls and nearly killed another. I declared war on them. I’m burning out a hole as soon as get some rain.

1 Like

Killed 4 last year with the crossbow. Only 2 this year though, I think I’ve eradicated them!

1 Like

They breed like rabbits. And move into vacant burrows, so they just keep returning.

Do fox kill them? Because lately I’ve been seeing more fox around, basically every night now. I love fox because they kill rabbits, and I have a million damn rabbits now. We used to have outdoor cats that roamed the property and killed mice, rabbits, birds, snakes, etc. But now that they’re gone the rabbits have bred like, well, rabbits! Haha the ground hogs I haven’t seen in a month now, and no signs of any in the gardens. I hope they’re gone, but if not, I’ll get the bow back out :v: It’s getting close to archery season up here in Pa anyway, I could use the practice.

1 Like

foxes probably ate your cats… they ate my boy Cass… shot every one of those sonsabitches after that.

I’m sure fox will take younger ones. They can actually be pretty fierce when grown. I’ve seen them get the best of dogs three times their size.

Used to varmint hunt for sport, and have killed tons. You can take a huge treble hook and fix to the end of an old garden hose to hook and drag them out of their holes sometimes. Lol

Hahaha no my cats all died of old age actually, I buried them myself. They were some of the fiercest cats I ever owned, but they were still so loving! So many battle scars from through the the years. I always wondered what they were fighting when I would see the scars.

cool… my boy Cass was in indoor cat but he liked to go outside on the weekends. He would lay out in the yard, spread eagled on his back, and sun his junk for hours at a time… he was like a furry Buddha that seamed high all the time.

It’s funny because that’s how all my cats were. All 4 started indoors. And slowly, one by one they became outdoor cats. The best part was that they would always be around the yard. They would be on the porch or the deck, sun bathing or hunting. Always came home for food and water, and to show off any dead animals they killed. Such proud animals! And if I wanted to, I could call them to me like they were dogs. God I miss them. :heart_eyes_cat::crying_cat_face: I have 4 dogs now though, Shiba Inu’s. They look like foxes too haha

1 Like

Well I’m given to German Shepherds but you’re right even though they’d snap up a squirrel quick as a whip they did more damage chasing them through the plants LOL

1 Like

@ktreez420 hey man, you ever come across these buggers?

1 Like

No ! …what the hell is that ? Kill that damn thing before it breeds …did that do all that leaf damage?

2 Likes

Hahaha no way dude, never seen that crazy looking thing! And if I did k probably wouldn’t have thought it was a bug lol

2 Likes

Have a cheap greenhouse so not paying to much attention to the inside as its too hot and plants growing out of the top and look good. Inside part of plants funky. Peeked inside and saw this alien thing. Flicked it and gross lol. Weird bugs eat inside the greenhouse but don’t touch leaves growing out of roof

Looked up what was on my squash and it’s a squash beetle larva. Lol.

3 Likes