Starting out with Bubblegum

I haven’t grown autos, but I’m going to tag someone here who does. @Jake3. He’s your guy to ask about training.

2 Likes

Bless you Oly

1 Like

I would not train yet. They look kinda small still. I normally wait tell they have 4 to 6 sets of leaves.

3 Likes

As of now in my humble opinion, they’re not quite big enough to really worry about training. I like to wait until they’re 5-6 nodes tall. If they’re super compact I raise my lights for a few days to encourage some stretch. I like them to be about 6” tall with at least the stated 5 nodes then I gently message the plant to one side and tie/stake down. A good thing to try is to attach another line to the main stalk about 2” above the dirt and use it to keep the stem upright for those lower 2”. Makes watering/feeding much easier.

4 Likes

Solid - appreciate you @Jake3!

1 Like

Almost 4 weeks from sprout on the big one back right. They got a little droopy yesterday after a watering - but seem to be popping today!

4 Likes

Looking very happy and healthy. Is that a cover crop I see peeking through your soil? Looks like clover.

2 Likes

Looking great there. They have put on some size, almost about training size. Right on!!!

2 Likes

@Jake3 Appreciate it! Read that basil was good as a companion so put that in there, seems to be growing well too, so at a minimum we will be having pesto :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Can’t wait!

1 Like

My ac infinity set came in the mail today - anyone know of a thread talking about set ups (where to put filter, etc)? Can google but just didn’t know if there was one hiding on ilgm. I searched and couldn’t find anything.

1 Like

I have mine installed on the inside follow the tent. Not sure if that’s an option for you or not. You could install ductwork and the fan can be on the outside too.

2 Likes

I want to put up a poll question: was buying a 48” tall tent my worst decision of 2020

3 Likes

Ya man mine is 60 inches tall and I need more head room some times… Train train train.

2 Likes

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Been plugging these with the nutes consistently and am feeling like there’s some good growth!! (I hope). You guys think this back right one is ready for lst? Any help appreciated

Oh yeah she’s ready!

1 Like

Word - bring it back to the open spot of the pot towards the middle right?

Yeah, I would bend her over and tie her up. Any leaves that touch the soil trim. And try convince any side branches to bend around the stock and up.

1 Like

Yes. I would spread all lower growth out away from the stalk leaving room for more branches as she continues to grow and as each branch develops smaller branches on themselves. Anything that touches soil can come off also. Don’t forget to support the stalk a few inches above the soil. Keep it tied to the opposite side you bend the top so you have room to water/feed.

1 Like

Awesome going to do it in about an hour!