Something is the matter with my leaves

Oh well, time to formulate a new plan, I need to see what they say when they come next week. Thank you for letting me know.

3 Likes

This is the crappy thing about being an apartment dwellerā€¦ I am one as well. Luckily when they have came in the apartment it has only been for fire alarm and sprinkler stuff, and my tent is in the closet. When they come I just unplug the tent, and throw the cable in the closetā€¦

2 Likes

@DebbieM if you have terminal death reason , I would worry about no police are any laws Maā€™am , you have a legal right to do Whatever you want why you have time left , What else they going to do to you , Stop Worrying Maā€™am , Iā€™m not being ignorant either if you have a terminal illness , The law is not an issue , time is right ? I would not add that stress to myself , you have no time for that, but itā€™s a simple phone call to a yellow pages paralegal @DebbieM and I donā€™t see why you to much concern about that building , it took you to have cancer to qualify , I would not give two cares about it , You said it , CANCER whatever they expect you to do huh ?

I did not have to have cancer to get this apt, I was thinking to use as an excuse, and I am not planning on dying either. I am not terminal. I had radiation and as far as I know Iā€™m fine now. But thanks for the suggestion

2 Likes

Iā€™m only trying to give you a open way of viewing it Rock Star , I am not saying this towards you Maā€™am ? Do you have carbon scrubbers hooked up in each tent ? I was only trying help you not worry so much until you get more info of what all is being stated . I donā€™t know all whatā€™s going on cause I try not to , I really thought you were more in the clear to do this to not have those many legal concerns. I had no idea of your cancer issues , I only read that you had it , I was only trying to be encouraging in a funny way but I think what I write get taken out of context of the funny emotions I be trying to write and explain , so I was not being a smart ass or a negative , I was trying to be silly but informative so my apologies .

2 Likes

Itā€™s ok, I love you too, The cancer was a year ago, I was lucky, very lucky. Now we just monitor it closely. And I wasnā€™t worried about legal concerns as my caseworkers and everyone who has been here hasnā€™t caused any, thatā€™s what I get for dragging that guy in here, but I want my icemaker to work. This is my own fault. I have the carbon filter for the second tent but my daughter rigged the one to take care of both as the tents are so small and the filter takes up a lot of room, didnā€™t ever expect it to take this long.
Kudos on helping out Jay, amazing grow, he deserves it. Thanks

Well it certainly is a relief to find out that youā€™re not terminally ill with cancer :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

As far as I know neither am I for those of you keeping score at home

4 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™m pretty stoked. I got incredibly lucky caught it at Stage 1 and it was treatable by radiation surgery, didnā€™t hurt at all, just some side effects that I am able to deal with. My issue with pain, while in the same area has nothing to do with the cancer or the treatment according to my doctors.
But again @yoshi is right as we are all terminal in the long run, so letā€™s all fire one up for putting that off as long as possible!

3 Likes

Yeah as much as I hate getting old, beats the alternative

Of the people I know that have passed, and me, I figure Iā€™m winning

Yeah I know it is a bit callous but you know if you canā€™t laugh at the prospect of death, itā€™ll just make you cryā€¦I prefer to laugh

1 Like

Glad to hear it.

Glad to hear this, too! Phew :partying_face:

Man. Iā€™m busy wishing I knew any attorneys in IL though. I visited Chicago for a Law conference two years ago but Iā€™m afraid everyone I met was from out of town, too.

You can try to contact the local chapter of the ACLU (American civil liberties Union). This may or may not be their specific wheelhouse (I think it is, but may be different in a different state). Either way I bet you that they can refer you to another nonprofit or pro Bono attorney who may be able to help. Even if itā€™s a 1 hour consultation with one of their law students, theyā€™ll be prepared for problems exactly like this. I canā€™t give you a direct link but hereā€™s a screenshot of the Illinois chapter ACLU ā€œcomplaint formā€ aka help request page.

Just be sure to let them know exactly what you told us. Youā€™ve got a card and federally funded housing assistance and how can they help you make those work together without losing your housing. They may have some ideas or at least crystal clear guidance.

2 Likes

Thanks much, I filled out and sent the complaint form it can take up to 8 weeks to turn you down, Iā€™m just hoping they could recommend someone, but Iā€™ve really got to face facts and accept that if I want to stay here I have to stop my grow. I think I may just try to salvage one, and then if they come thatā€™s easier to hide in my storage. They usually let you know when they are coming over, so that would give the few minutes to get the plant to the storage.
I truly believe that fed will legalize it hopefully next year.
Cautiously optimistic, anyway

2 Likes

Iā€™m cautiously optimistic that at least the folks in Washington will stop pulling federal aid to folks on section 8 and other housing assistance. Iā€™ve seen a few versions of that bill in the past few years and theyā€™ve been gaining more traction. :crossed_fingers:

Good luck, Debbie

1 Like

@DebbieM that one carbon filter could be why they stinking up the building, you might have to exhaust each tent individually and bring in fresh air to both with one inline fan maybe . Trying to exhaust two tents through a 4 inch carbon scrubber could be why you have the build lit up with that wild bush honeydew smell :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:! If all goes well which I know it will , try venting each tent individually are youā€™ll need a much bigger scrubber to mask off both tents in flower . And get you some good Nag Champa incense to burn :fire: daily !

2 Likes

Canā€™t do incense, I am allergic to scented things, it really sucks

1 Like

Grow Rosemary with them or mint !

1 Like

Iā€™m right with you. Allergic to everything. 48 tests, all positive. Stay strong.

This works for me.

3 Likes

Plus fresh mint is delicious.

3 Likes

@yoshi @Graysin @Mark0427 @Mr_Wormwood
I never took any tests, I just simply canā€™t breathe, thatā€™s indication enough for me. Some stuff I break out in hives and thatā€™s uncontrollable itching (always a nice way to spend a day) And Iā€™m not quite allergic to everything, it seems like floral and woodsy is the absolute worst, (not counting things like bug spray, air fresheners, body washes, oven spray or almost every single household cleaner, not to even mention actual perfume and cologne) but I am ok with most things that smell like food. It depends the ingredients they used to make it.
As long as I can still smoke my joints I will be ok, edibles arenā€™t really my bag except for @Jaydawg6528 's cookie bars, which would be a treat even if they didnā€™t get you blasted.
I think Iā€™m going to grow some green peppers in there if they come they will have something to see instead of the weed, then maybe they will give up and I can just hook up the filters and go back to growing.
In the meantime I probably will give my friend 3 of the babies and nutes and stuff to take care of them. A percentage of 3 plants is better than no plants at all, itā€™s just more rewarding to do it yourself and sit with the smell and beauty of the growing girls.

3 Likes

Remember itā€™s an herb :herb: and can be cooked with without flowering :bouquet:, so get familiar with the law cause ignorance of the Law is guilty everytime ! It how it was told to me by a judge from another Judge ? Now if you mix in some spearmint are mint grass , aloe Vera, everyone granny grows aloe Vera right , and rosemary itā€™s not strong growing as it will be after its harvested and dried. But one tomato plant :potted_plant: and maybe a pepper plant and give them a variety of choice and tell them itā€™s been 50 years since you store bought a spice you can grow yourself , ebonics not economics !

1 Like