Something is the matter with my leaves

Ext cord would be visible, there is not an outlet near the doors either

1 Like

Iā€™m worried for ya if you try stash in a storage unit there in your apartment they are going to want to see in there too! Been there done that! Left the hobby for along time. I would get everything out. Especially lights and nutes. And never grow there again! Thatā€™s me, I donā€™t play well with others in my biz.
Hope all comes out well for ya, Iā€™m not a prayer but Iā€™ll roll a fatty and hope best for you!

5 Likes

I hate to say it but I agree with @StonedCold13
If theyā€™re hell bent on it they might not be easily distracted by slight of hand, :seedling:

I would not go as far as getting rid of equipment
Thatā€™s wholly legit

You could be growing tomatoes for all they know
But what you got growing now? Seedlings and ?

You canā€™t lose your housing

2 Likes

@DebbieM what is going on with all the bad news happening here. I thought you banished the bad mojo Debbie. Man I just donā€™t no what to say. You no Iā€™ll hook you up what I can but most needs to be sold or else my wife is going to put an end to my growing.

4 Likes

@Jaydawg6528 @StonedCold13 @Davyg @Graysin @Mark0427 @Shaggy01 @yoshi @Hellraiser @SilvaBack203
Iā€™m going to hide it in my storage, the seedlings donā€™t smell and Iā€™ll put them inside of something, I donā€™t see these people doing a super thorough search, they arenā€™t the cops. Itā€™s that I have a federal grant/loan in a federal building. The whole block is legal except this one building. Itā€™s the nicest one on the block. In the meantime I need to see if I can find out info for federal info on weed if itā€™s similar to NY info that shaggy01 posted then Iā€™m all set, and in the meantime Iā€™ll try and find a sitter who wonā€™t expect half to watch them for me. I only know one person and heā€™s not likely to do it for me as a favor.
As far as why the maintenance guy did that? Donā€™t know, maybe heā€™s just a dick. Excuse the profanity but why else? My caseworker and case manager come over all the time, as well as the maintenance man that has been unable to fix my icemaker, they donā€™t care, they know I need it, they see me in pain like this and they understand. They have actually driven me to the dispensary a few times when I needed something and was in no shape to drive.
Here in IL medical patients can have up to 5 mature marijuana plants. Right at this moment I just have my seedlings. If I have to trash them I will be so very sad, but I canā€™t lose my housing. I simply cannot afford regular rent plus electricity and gas. My rent here is less than my electric and gas bills together were at my old place, when you are living entirely on disability it is not easy and I was very lucky that I got hooked up with this apartment when I did. It is very nice apartment, large, wheelchair accessible, sunny with a lot of windows and an elevator so I can get up and down here with my chair. They also do all the maintenance and I donā€™t have to even change a furnace filter. They shovel the snow. It makes my life easier, I had to do most of the easy maintenance and scheduling maintenance at my old place for 16 years, it was a 2 flat my daughter owned so she wrote in the lease for the other apartment they had to mow the lawn and shovel snow, but I still had to shovel my own area, the steps and around the car. Canā€™t do that anymore, I was very fortunate to luck into this place. So, please send positive thoughts and if anyone has info about federal laws here in IL PLEASE post it for me. Although I canā€™t hire a lawyer, after all this was not a cash crop and even if it was I didnā€™t get enough to really sell anyway. Moot point, I quit selling over a decade ago and all my customers are either moved away, quit, or dead, or they have other means of getting it.

4 Likes

Ima definitely pray for you my friend I know itā€™s tough specially when you need it for medical reasons.
You are correct for your state when it comes to growing 5 plants. I just talked to a army brother that lives in Chicago this what he reply 2 your situation.

Legally, Illinois allows the cultivation of up to five cannabis plants at once, at least 5 inches tall. No matter what reason you have your medical card for, five plants are the max that any patient can grow in their home at once. But, trust us, this should be plenty!

If you do not own the property youā€™re residing in, you must get permission from the property owner in order to grow. Otherwise, this is technically illegal. So, always make sure:

• You have permission from your property owner if needed
  • You have a valid MMJ card
  • Your cannabis grow station is somewhere locked, enclosed, and away from the public eye

God has a plan 4 everything :pray:. Hope nothing but the best mam

2 Likes

I did not get permission, if it was legal federally there would not be an issue, but that sounds right. Thank you for that. IL is legal for that but thinking about it since it is federally illegal how do the farmers manage it? Maybe Iā€™m just lazy, but I donā€™t want to look it up right now.

1 Like

Anyone who is growing in a legal state is ā€œassuming the riskā€ of committing a federal crime. The federal government doesnā€™t want to get involved in legalized states - thereā€™s this legal theory that says the feds and the state are separate sovereign entities. So if the state says something is legal and the feds havenā€™t jumped in since the olden days of CA and OR and WA legalizing, theyā€™re not going to get involved now. Especially not with Washington DC pushing to get it so that Section 8 and other federal housing recipients donā€™t get screwed out of their living situation. Folks donā€™t get kicked out for having a script for oxy, they shouldnā€™t get booted for having a MMJ card and growing at home for personal use. The landlords can but itā€™s a specific kind of a$$hat whoā€™ll do that to someone.

My mother in law is on disability as well, she lives with me right now while sheā€™s waiting to be able to get onto federal funded housing assistance and honestly sheā€™s the reason I started growing. Canā€™t handle seeing folks in so much pain all the time.

3 Likes

And thatā€™s the problem. The feds arenā€™t enforcing it, my landlord is government subsidized so they are doing it. The workers who work with me turn a blind eye as they know me and I donā€™t cause any trouble, but I did not take any care to mask the smell, we up on this floor like the way it smells. I have 2 carbon filters but was only running one, I should have been running 2 all the time. I will have to see how it goes, if they make my workers check then I wonā€™t be able to get them in trouble, I may be writing my congressman or senator or whoever. Right now Iā€™m still shocked and upset, but Iā€™m going to try to think of something to do other than wait for it fed to legalize. But I need it and canā€™t afford it so I better get to thinking about it soon
Itā€™s not like itā€™s a meth lab. Iā€™m not burning the place down or hurting anybody.

6 Likes

Jeez life ainā€™t easy for you Debbie :confused:. Seedlings have zero smell so label them as some sort of house plant or similar. Put them down as tomato seedlings and leave them on a window ledge. Try hiding them in plain sight rather than in a cupboard. Whoever is doing the searching will need to be really clued up to know that the seedlings you have are MJ seedlings. They might ask you what the seedlings are so get a rehearsed bit of chat ready and explain that the minerals in those baby plants will help with your condition. Fingers crossed that it goes OK for you and sending some positive vibes and energy across the sea to you :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Not great with the scented stuff but I get it. Mrs G has those plug ins everywhere and man do they stink :pleading_face:. What about vanilla pods or a candle. Totally natural as well. Just before they visit stick some pods in the oven on a low heat. Burnt toast is another great way of hiding a smell. Sorry, Iā€™m rambling, just desperate to help :nerd_face:

1 Like

No, Iā€™m an open book, never even tried to hide it. They already know, I told them I need it, I have med card, itā€™s medicine, they know Iā€™m in pain, but there is nothing they can do now that the higher ups know. I might tell them something like starting tomatoes or something later, but what I need to find out is what they told my case manager and how long/often they plan to monitor me regarding this. I canā€™t live under a microscope either.

3 Likes

That would drive me insane having to live under constant scrutiny. What a shit situation to be in :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Iā€™d be Leary as they know u r growing now so they might wanna do a thorough walk thru and look in closets and cabinets ect. Iā€™d show them the lights or something all stuck in a box like u have on it or drop a bunch of tomatoes and stuff in there and say u have it for veggies and figured u would throw a plant in to try but now u know thatā€™s not a good thing to do so u just sticking with the veggies. Tell them it was a clone gifted to u when they knew u were growing veggies.

1 Like

I have the medical card, I got it from my oncologist, too, not like the weed doctors even. Not that there is anything wrong with that. My neighbor canā€™t as she has a different program than I do, they always look all around her house.
I see your suggestion, they are very likely to recognize it, I will hide what I canā€™t place until I can formulate a plan, which I have until next week to come up with

3 Likes

Making me feel bad the more I read the worse I feel. Move to Michigan and get on section 8 housing. Might take a bit of time getting u all strait but u can get into some nice housing thru them I donā€™t believe u would have as many issues here like u do there.

1 Like

Just be vigilant and make sure it not causing urself a bigger problem and losing ur house over a few plants. Itā€™s def not worth it to lose ur place. Winter is about here now lol so def not a good time.

1 Like

Well Iā€™ve given my 2 cts and I agree that waiting for the heat to cool down is a good idea, but Iā€™m the other hand I know Debbie is a grown ass woman who will make the decision thatā€™s right for her and I support what ever choice you make

Iā€™ll have you in my thoughts and I know it will work out in the end, it always does

Iā€™ve found the things we worry most about usually end up being much hand wringing over nothing

2 Likes

@Mark0427 @abouttime @Kinglouida13th @patchman @Hellraiser @sunasun @Jaydawg6528 @Dankloud @yoshi @Mr_Wormwood
Itā€™s a federal funded building and illegal on a federal level. Iā€™m looking for anyone who knows a lawyer in IL who could answer some questions for free for me, I am a cancer patient and was given the medical card by my oncologist, I might be able to use that as a loophole? If there is any way to appeal.
Does anyone know a lawyer in IL who would answer some questions?

1 Like

Nope

Because of this.
I worked at an apartment facility similar to yours, and they donā€™t respect a lot of rights that are yours. Unfortunately unless you either keep your grow well hidden, or have someone else grow it, thatā€™s pretty much it.

3 Likes