Seed To Weed, The Easy Way

4 Likes

Had another male show up today. It is sitting in grow area 3x5 ft with 9 other plants. Now what the hell am I gonna do? it is a landrace indica and I just can’t kill him yet. I ended up taking my biodome experiments to the extreme. I found old pieces of flexible tent poles and made 4 pieces four feet long and inserted them into the cloth pot in a square. Went to dry cleaner store this morning and purchased for a quarter a thick cellophane coat cover that was six feet tall. I taped the edges with some scotch tape and slipped it over the plant and poles. twisted up the excess at base of the plant and used a hair tie to hold it closed. I am now the proud owner of a sealed biodome that seals all pollen inside until I decide to disperse it. VERY selectively.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Nice brother

2 Likes

Take a clone and jam him up in a small pot for time being and then try to get some pollen maybe.

2 Likes

My hope is to grow it sealed inside the plastic, then when flowering just shake it sideways and get pollen from inside the sealed bag.

5 Likes

Latest version of my isolation chamber… no more 4 poles. 1 pole with wire coat hanger bent into round shape and slid into top of pole. This holds bag much better

2 Likes

Moved 2 of my clones into 5 gallon buckets of Happy Frog. Got grower’s envy watching @TDubWilly and @Bogleg with their tied down canopies for last few months. So I started tying a couple down in my second area with some pipe cleaners

4 Likes

Hmmmmm… I am paying very close attention to this isolation chamber stuff!

2 Likes

Done deal. Works perfectly. Male and female, side by side with no cross pollination. No more automatically killing the boys. I do anticipate issues with 100% humidity but will cross that bridge later

6 Likes

Since the first time i read that the ‘super humid inevitability inside the bag’ problem has been working my OCD brain. I avoided saying it trying not to be a spoil sport… but that bridge shall need crossing! :joy::joy:

And my new (and honestly why i even made the post) inquiry is… was does folding your stem do??? Im intrigued!

2 Likes

Ya end up with a fatter knuckle looking area that moves more fluids at the bend site. When I read your response, you jogged my brain. Dollar Tree has dehumidifier packs

2 Likes

I think I’m going to try and power up some 12v PC fans to move air in and out of a chamber made similar to this… probably use an old end table frame and some kind of clear plastic I can seal and vacuum filters.

1 Like

Its a WIN!

(Sidenote cuz i see @Bogleg replying) im starting ur upgrades in electricity super long journal and looks AWESOME

Hey, if ya have an old card table, take off the top for a 3 ft cube frame

2 Likes

hey @PurpNGold74. Thanks for the inspiration. I have a new toy now

3 Likes

For today’s adventure I cut 6 monster cropped clones, prepped seedling soil and placed them in sealed clone containers where they will remain untouched and unwatered for 21 days, to emerge from their cocoon as little rooted butterflies of Pineapple Chunk. At least that is the plan, only want to keep 3 best.

6 Likes

Awesome bud…I know this is a dumb question but do you have holes drilled in the plastic bottle tops?

1 Like

Nope. Foam base keeps it sealed and holds all moisture inside it. That is how it can go 3 weeks without adding water

2 Likes

I tried that once…and my Clone molded so I thought I messed it up because I didn’t have holes, so it couldn’t breathe…

1 Like