Second Grow: LSD, Blueberry, BC99 Fast in Coco; Aurora Indica Auto in AutoPots, Help Wanted

Aurora Indica Auto
Day 62 of life, 11 of flower

5 Likes

Dayummmmm!

1 Like

Thank you

Oops, day 18 of flower. Calendars, like lots of things, confuse me.

1 Like

Started “day 21ish after flip” defoliations. Last night (perhaps too late in the evening) worked over the tall Aurora Indica Auto (#1). Very sticky girl, but odor is low at this point and very pleasant. Have to ask Mrs what she thinks of the aroma. No filter on the tent required yet.
Huge amount of leaves taken. Hopefully not too many. I think she will do OK though. One of the strain characteristics is very heavy resin production, so I must be vigilant to keep the humidity low and ensure air flow. Thoughts?
I should do the shorter girl tonight. She has even more leaves.

Before

After

5 Likes

clap-wandavision
I never posted a gif before!

4 Likes

Love it Skippy. Thanks!

1 Like

Don’t think I stripped her too much?

1 Like

If anyone remembers, I have remarked that I have broken it least to pH meters. Didn’t know how until today. I am going to get a different kind because when I snap the cap back over the probe if I’m not careful I can hit the glass bulb, which is apparently very delicate.
So I’m guessing on the pH for a couple of days until Bezos comes through for me. Hate that!

1 Like

These plants seem pretty resilient and I am of the opinion that they seem to express more vigor after some low stress. While cannabis has been bred and evolved for our enjoyment, in the wild plants have large parts of them eaten by deer or other wildlife.

2 Likes

All good points Skippy. I have heard a little bit about targeted stress, but haven’t paid much attention. That will be if/when I become an accomplished grower.
Perhaps I got lucky and stressed her at the right time in the right way :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Short Aurora Indica Auto received her stripping las night. Lighter hand this time, but definitely a lot of material was removed.
I will have to monitor this one closely. The center of the plant is a mass of pistils, very dense. Might have to remove some of them. Regardless, I think she has lovely buds forming.

Before

Nice bud formation

After

3 Likes

You have now. Yeah. :blush::v:

2 Likes

Some weeks back the LSDs exhibited what I determined to be an iron deficiency, so I started adding Botanicare Cal-Mag Plus. My understanding is iron, calcium, and magnesium all work together in some type of symbiotic relationship. The condition cleared in a few days.
One of the reasons I switched to Canna nutrients was the inclusion of calcium and magnesium, which would make mixing simpler. Apparently, the amount of Ca and Mg in the Coco nutrients are not enough for soft water (mine is EC 0.1 - 0.2), as they now have CalMag Agent. I see no mention of iron on any of the Canna nutrients or in their CM.
Additionally, the instructions for mixing are quite different from web pages to bottle (if interested see picture of bottle).

Website says:
Directions of use for buffering soft water
Shake well before us.
Fill nutrient reservoir with water (20-22°C).
Add 0.1-0.5 ml per litre CANNA CALMAG AGENT until you reach an EC of 0.4mS/cm. On top of this water you use the normal recommended nutrients and additives.

Consequently, I sent an email request for clarification and explanation.
FWIW, I sent one earlier asking if they have any differing instructions for autoflowers. I know, hard to catch intent on an email, but the reply (which was no) makes me think the second email is a waste of my time, but I may be pleasantly surprised. Don’t know if I don’t try.
Any thoughts, feel free.

Botanicare

Canna

Label instructions

Last night I took a closer look and Aurora Indica Auto looks to be closer than I suspected. First auto, not sure what to expect. Right now I would describe the buds as bundles of fuzzy pistils and the center of this plant looks like a nest of caterpillars.
If anyone has any insight, please share.
@GrimJack Any thoughts? Your first WW went 16 weeks? These girls are day 65, 21 in flower. This may be an exercise in futility, but let’s figure:

1. I have WWA seeds from Nirvana and they are listed as 11-12W
  2. These seeds are also from Nirvana and they say 8-9W
  3. Your WWAs went 33% longer than listed
  4. 8-9W plus 33% equals 12W
  5. Therefore, 12 Oct plus 12W is 4 Feb
  6. Harvest 4 Feb… ish
    How is the logic?
    Who is the autoflower pro?

All these shots are from the smaller girl

I believe these last four were from the top of the bud

7D17340F-F389-42BE-B311-77A5EB34125A_1_201_a

3 Likes

Those are beautiful. Lots of cloudy trichomes. I don’t see any amber. They say you want a certain amount of amber trichomes. @MeEasy can you give some input?
:v::blush:

2 Likes

They look great! I see where you are going with the logic, but keep in mind autos are going to do their thing. You may get a pheno that finishes faster than all the others and different breeders flowering times can vary.

I’ll usually wait until I see the hairs turn and recede or when it’s been a couple of weeks past the stated flowering time to start checking Trichs. :call_me_hand:

Maybe @Capt.Cola can add his input, he runs a lot of autos.

2 Likes

Thank you.
I have two of these girls and may harvest separately. I hope for some amber on one and 30% or more on the second. New at this, so trying to get the chop right. This girl I am growing for sleep medicine; end of day. My first and only grow, an unknown strain, is mostly sativa in effect, and no good for going to sleep at night.

Thanks for the tag bro. I would say there is still at least a couple weeks left if not more. Like jack said the hairs will start to recede and all will be an orange color. The trics are on their way to being all cloudy. The whole plant will change and get frostier looking. Put up a pic of the whole plant if you can.

@GrimJack I only grow autos lol :laughing:

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words and reply.
These two girls look quite different. The girl in the pictures has some pistils browning and drying. The other’s pistils are still pure white.

1 Like