Second Grow: LSD, Blueberry, BC99 Fast in Coco; Aurora Indica Auto in AutoPots, Help Wanted

Summary:
16 Oct seeds in water
17 Oct seeds in coco
18 Oct LSD 2 sprouted
19 Oct LSD 3 sprouted
23 Oct could find no sign of Criticals sprouting, so I plopped two more
24 Oct LSD 1 sprouted (this one looks suspicious; might be a coco palm)
25 Oct put Critical seeds (roots sprouted) in cups

Basics:
Indoor - three plants
Two LSD fem photo from Barney’s Farm and one Critical Auto from Gold Label
Distilled/rain/tap (about 60ppm)
Coco & perlite - two Hempy pots and one AutoPot
FoxFarms liquid trio & bud powders
Supplements include Recharge, CalMag, silica, Tribus
Starting with MH TS-1000W, flower Critical with same, LSD with HLG 350r
Climate weapons: dehumidifier, humidifier, aircon, heater, mucho fans
MarsHydro 2.3x2.3 with Cloudline T4
GGLite 2x4 with Cloudline T6
Second grow, first time with coco, Hempy, and AutoPot.

On 16 Oct I placed 3 LSD and 2 Critical Auto seeds in glasses of water and I placed them on a heat mat. The intent was to cull one of each (I am seed rich and space-to-grow-them poor). The next day, a couple of the seeds were cracked and were all at the bottom of their glasses, so I planted all the seeds in Solo cups with coco and perlite. Put them in the MH at 20 DLI on 24/7, on the heat mat.

Not sure why the two did not sprout. It could have been the temps, but I don’t think so. The room was kept between 60 & 65 for drying my first plant, but the cups were in a tent on a heat mat and under a humidity dome. The mini hygrometers said it was about 75 under the dome, but the coco was likely a few degrees warmer.

The goal here is to treat these girls right from the start. First grow was half-a___d, didn’t start paying her the attention she deserved and needed until she was around 10 weeks old.
Hoping to get lots more good advice from all you people. Not only did I enjoy it, but the advice was invaluable for me in taking my last girl to a happy ending.
This time I think I know a little, but undoubtedly I will be smacked in the face more than once with problems, as I am venturing into coco, Hempy and AutoPots for the first time.
I will veg in the solos and when the time is right, repot the LSDs into two 5 gallon Hempy buckets and the Critical into a 3.9G AutoPot. I know many people say not to repot autos, but some do and I will try it.

Love this!

LSD2

LSD3

Cannabis?

11 Likes

I’m in!
panda

5 Likes

I appreciate it!

1 Like

I’m no use because I’m not in coco but I’ll ride along :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Great to have you! Everyone is helpful in my book, and not necessarily with expertise alone. Many other ways to help. I dig encouragement on occasion :blush:

2 Likes

And I have never grown in coco either :flushed:

3 Likes

:face_with_monocle:
Interesting setup. Watching with interest & wishing you good luck.

2 Likes

Watching.

2 Likes

Hey that’s okay. You try it out and report back :rofl: I’ll chime in with the little bit of experience I have in hydro since our numbers will overlap a lot (ph for example). lol.

3 Likes

Going to hang out :v:Happy Growing.

2 Likes

Thanks for the invite and we will learn coco and auto pots together Brother. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

I have some LSD photos just went into flower.

1 Like

Excellent. Do you have a thread? Love to see them. Could not find out much about growing them with an Internet search.

1 Like

Glad to have you and your knowledge! Thanks.

1 Like

Pleased to have you along!

1 Like

Thank you. While studying with my first, I decided I wanted to try both of these. I would like to not have to be there every single day and this may help out.

1 Like

Exactly on not having to be home daily to water. A guy never knows when you have to leave out for various reasons.
Several here have the autopots & love them. Hempys are a solid plan too. I’ve seen a few different designs of them. Once you get up & running post some pics of your bucket setup if you would.
Not sure if you’re familiar with Dude Grows. It’s a podcast on Ytube. One character Scotty is sold on hemp buckets. I think he’s still fine tuning it & hasn’t really shown in detail how’s he’s got the bottom of the bucket set up.
The benefits of coco are amazing it seems. But daily water/nutes are a must.
Exited to see you run both & make the comparison.

1 Like

The Hempy’s will be manual hydrate, at least to start.
And I will look at Dude Grows if I haven’t already. I think I first heard of them on YouTube. No details, just got the gist of it. I think it was the Michigan guys’ show. Is that Dude Grows?

1 Like

I’ll tag you.

1 Like

I’ve had 3 runs on coco now and it usually isn’t until flower that they want water daily. My plants I’ve had in veg for about 2 months drink almost 2 gallons every 2-3 days. Daily watering isn’t always the case until later on in my experiences but nutes everytime is a must. Would love to join in on this topic of you don’t mind

2 Likes