Second Grow: LSD, Blueberry, BC99 Fast in Coco; Aurora Indica Auto in AutoPots, Help Wanted

If you are looking for a night smoke definitely give them some time to finish maturing. I have never been able to harvest all my plants at once. It’s usually one at a time.

2 Likes

Just took these. Defol a couple days ago.

Her on the right and her taller sister on the left

2 Likes

Those girls have a way to go. Once they they start to turn, they will fatten up nicely. Be patient! Lol, I know, I wasn’t but, trust me, it’ll be worth it.

White Widow is a great sleep strain for me, also Grand daddy purple and blue berry. Gorilla Glue wasn’t so much for me but I have friends that swear by it. Try something and find what works best for you. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I appreciate you checking these out and advising.
At this point (day 68, 22 of flower), should I expect height is achieved and we should see the buds develop in length for a couple weeks? I am trying to gauge at what point in growth they are, as this determines the nutrient ratio.
I also have a Blueberry photo going at about day 12 of flower.

1 Like

Height is achieved for the most part - they may continue to stretch but don’t count on it, depending on the strain’s tendencies.

You’re in flower, I’d call it “flower” right now but if your nutes distinguish between “early” and “late” flower, you’re not in late flower yet.

And they’ll fatten up for a good 30-60 days from here, as you said you’re only around day 22ish of flower. I have finished plants in as little as 7 weeks of flower but it was premature and my yield suffered for it. The potency was also a bit off - took a seasoned smoker a full bowl to get the kick of it (but it was good when it hit finally.). Same strain left to grow for a full 11 weeks in flower produced a much stronger, harder hitting high for the same stoner.

Whatever your strain’s “information page” says is the length of time it will take to flower, add two weeks to the minimum time and assume that’s your minimum. Add one week to the maximum time and assume that you should really be looking close at trichomes by that point. For example, if the strain says it flowers in 10-12 weeks, assume you will need 12 weeks of flowering, but you should be definitely watching trichomes at week 13, because it may be trying to foxtail on you or some other such nonsense that will prevent you from finishing out the grow.

3 Likes

Found my shots from my WWA’s.

Day 51, day 21 flower.

Day 111, day 81 flower

I ended up chopping the following week, but you can see how much they fattened up. :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

@GrimJack Thank you for all the information.
The nute schedule is broken down like this:

Two days ago I switched the mix for all five photos and the two autos to Generative Period I. The autos are getting half strength (diluted with CalMag+ water).
The tricky week for all is GP II. One week, and I have one nutrient that is only used that week. Going to be tough for me to nail the timing, but I will try. I only have grown one to harvest, so I am needing more experience.
Go Brady, Dallas, Steelers, and Cards!

Your plants look very nice. I aspire to that!
I can see the buds look very similar to what I have going at this point and they did indeed expand considerably in bulk.
Thanks again for all your help.

Is that nute schedule specific to autos? If, not you’ll need to adjust by sight. Veg phase II is where I would usually consider it transition or the “stretch”. Once the stretch stops and you start to see pistils, that’s when I go to flowering nutes. It sounds like you are the right track! :call_me_hand:

1 Like

It turned into this 6oz. I was happy, you’ll get there, the hardest part is the wait. :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

That’s a beautiful site!! :blush::v:

3 Likes

No, that is for photos. I queried the manufacturer and they said no schedule for autos.

1 Like

I am hoping for some nuggets like that!

2 Likes

Working on defoliating the Blue girls. Crowded and very humid in there.

BC99F #2 before

BC99F #2 after

BC99F #1 before

BC99F #1 after

Still gotta do Blueberry

3 Likes

Then you’ll want to eye it. I consider the stretch being done and seeing the first pistils as week one of flower. I add nutes based on that schedule. Once I see start the pistils turn and recede, I start flushing. It will then start to eat it reserves in the leaves and they will yellow. Just keep checking your trichs! :call_me_hand:

1 Like

White Widow is a great sleep smoke for me. One thing, if you are going to go for more than just a little amber, you’ll start to see the leaves yellow and dry up a bit, don’t freak out. The plant knows it dying and all that energy is being put into the buds to save itself. That’s a good thing. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

My next run plan, which can change, is all autos. One of the finalists is Auto Widow from MSNL, listed as 8-10W. I also have White Widow Auto from Nirvana, listed as 11-12W.
In my research, it appears that autoflower breeders use their own auto studs, so the results from different breeders can vary dramatically. Is that correct? And I know there is much more to it than just one cross. Haven’t gone down that rabbit hole yet…
Anyway, Auto Widow is White Widow x Ruderalis and WWA is White Widow x Northern Lights Automatic. Naturally I want to grow both and compare, but not on the next run, as the WWA grow time listed is too long. I plan to grow at least five plants next, and I do not want to grow through the peak of summer, so I am choosing those listed as 10W or less. Last summer with one plant the room required a portable aircon to maintain a suitable growing environment. Five or more may be problematic.
Thank you again @GrimJack for all your advice.

1 Like

Blue tent done. Hopefully this will be the final defoliation of significance.
Blueberry day 74, 10 of flower
Blue Cinderella 99 Fast day 71, 10 of flower
LSDs next

L-R Blueberry, BC99F #2, BC99F #1

6 Likes

Exactly, they may all be crosses of white widow and ruderalis to create the WWA, different phenos from both are being used so yes, they will vary from breeder to breeder.

No worries, many of us run into that problem during summer and fall. I’ll run my lights at night and off during the day and it helps. :call_me_hand:

1 Like

21-ish day post-flip defoliations complete. These are the LSDs, which are the oldest, longest in flower, and densest, but this tent has been easy to maintain low humidity, so they were last. These ladies have a huge number of small branches that have reached or are near the top of the canopy, and you can see I left most. May end up with lots of small buds, but if they smoke, I will take it. At least this grow. The Blues all had many branches removed because they lacked height.
Now the girls have better air flow and more light to lower bud sites. Hopefully they will love me back and make longer and fatter buds.

Day 91, 12 of flower

7 Likes