Second grow general question

@livefast

Is that the HB-211T? Does it seem unsafe to go in the tent?

1 Like

Yes it is that model, and I’ve had it crankin heat for hours in wintertime and the outside doesn’t seem to get hot, think the box said it had ceramic interior or porcelain. Can’t remember

2 Likes

Ah, if its ceramic/porcelain then it doesn’t create a light. @dmykins, i think this would be a safe option for you to put in your tent.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s def one of those just can’t remember which @raustin @dmykins

2 Likes

I bought a 300 watt aquarium heater and immerse it in a 5 gallon bucket at 85F. It works spectacularly well and is safe around water.

4 Likes

That’s a great idea! I’ll bet it keeps the humidity up too.

4 Likes

In veg that’s a good thing. Not so much in late flower…

4 Likes

True, but in these winter months, any humidity can be good. I’m in flower now and my RH is only 22%.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410

So essentially you are using the water as a radiant heat source for the tent?

@livefast

Of course the home Depot near me doesn’t have the heater, Amazon may be it.

How well does the thermostat work?

2 Likes

Aquarium heaters are pretty reliable. They have to be precise because fish are very delicate when it comes to heating, much more so than plants. This is a good option for you.

1 Like

@dmykins The thermostat works pretty good sometimes get a little warm in the room but it does shut itself off when it hits where you have the heat set on it

3 Likes

Do you have water bowls or wet sponges in your tent @raustin to help raise the rh?

2 Likes

I hang a wet towel in there, but it dries out so quickly i get tired of changing it. Mostly i just spray water in there constantly.

2 Likes

Try a couple bowls it make a difference for me, was having trouble in the 6hour sleep and now I put two bowls of water seems to help

2 Likes

And thick sponges hold water quite a while, I just soak em and hang em over the bowls sometimes if it’s really bad… idk just what seems to work for me :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thank you, i will try that. :relaxed:

2 Likes

@raustin glad to help, hope it works for ya :v: If ya try it just remember to keep the water n sponges clean wouldn’t want mold :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

A heat mat could help, too. Kinda like underfloor heating.

2 Likes

I have a heat mat under the pot keeping here feet warm, which also helps a little with the humidity.

2 Likes

Based on the size tent u have, u may wanna consider keeping the heater outside and venting the heat in some way.

2 Likes