Second grow general question

There are also black heat lamps that do not give off light.

1 Like

You can use it as radiant heat, if you leave it partially uncovered. It won’t heat the place up too much, but it will keep the temps from falling too far.

2 Likes

@Blazinace

I think once the heater arrives (ordered it today on Amazon) I will experiment with putting it near the intake and having the negative pressure pull in the hot air…

2 Likes

@dmykins ya end up finding that Model? Or another?

1 Like

@livefast

I got the exact same model as you have. It will be here Thursday. Gotta love Amazon Prime.

2 Likes

I don’t think I could live without Amazon prime. :grin:

3 Likes

Didn’t use it then when I did now that’s how I get most stuff lol @dmykins @raustin

1 Like

@dmykins you’ll Like it it heats up in a second n stays nice n warm as you want :+1:

1 Like

Obviously perfect temp is 72 but but under 55 or over 85 your growth will slow and yes possible hermie and or heat stress

1 Like

I use an oil filled heater in my room it works great. No noise and it’s a radiant heat so no fan to blow on the plants. I heat a 10x10 room in sub zero temps in an out building so no other heat. But I insulated good. It’s 25 outside and 73 in my room. Just use it on its own plug but I don’t feel they r any more dangerous than any other heater they all have a bit of danger it’s heat!! As much as your gonna check on things I don’t see a problem

1 Like

@timmyv324

Thank you for that! I think the lowest it gets at night is 55 degrees.

@livefast

What setting do you have the thermostat dial on and what temp does it keep it at? I figure I can kind of go off your settings to start and then tweak from there…

1 Like

@dmykins In the pic where the knobs are is where is where I was heating a 10’x10’ bedroom to a comfortable temp. You’ll honestly prob just put it where it’s gonna be and mess with it for a few

1 Like

God Afternoon All,

I’m back with another general question…when the time comes to go into flower and I put the lights on a 12/12 schedule, should I do it gradually over a couple weeks? Or just pop the timer to 12/12 one day?

Also, I will probably have the lights on from 6a-6pm that way I can make sure they are watered before work. I believe I read something about being able to use a green light if I need to tend to them during lights out…does this hold true?

2 Likes

Hey @dmykins the switch to 12/12 some people ease into it, n some people just flip the switch, I’m not there yet either but when I do I’m just flippin. N don’t know anything about your green light question maybe @dbrn32 could help you out with some answers

2 Likes

Newer data is suggesting plant response from green light, but not as much as say red and blue wavelengths. If you plan on doing that I would use a very low intensity green light, and not for any longer than needed.

Either way should work with the light schedule. Some have reported less stretch with tapering schedule, that could help or hurt depending on application. But I don’t feel like either way is wrong.

2 Likes

@dbrn32 @livefast

Thanks guys.

I obviously don’t want to mess with them when they are in darkness. I just am wondering in case something happens and I need to tend to them.

2 Likes

How long do you guys usually let the plants veg for?

She sprouted on 1/25. And this is how she looks…

She’s only been fed a couple times to this point.

1 Like

I think you want to wait a while before you flip to flower. She’s still pretty small. Normally, you would go by size of the plant. You want a big enough plant with spots for buds to grow otherwise you defeat the purpose of getting lots of nice big buds. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Good Friday Morning Everyone,

@raustin @Myfriendis410

So it seems I am having a slight issue with my plant. You can see an overall pic of her above. Here is a pic of the problem area…

The new growth is healthy and green and there are a few leaves with the spots on them. It just seems to be random and it seems to be the lower/middle leaves…

Here is a support ticket as well…

Strain; Purple Haze Fem

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco? FFHF 5 Gallon smart pot

System type? soil

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir? Slurry test shows 6.6

What is strength of nutrient mix? PPM of soil is 400. Fed 3 times once at 1/4 strength, once half strength, the one feeding at full strength. Nectar for the Gods sample pack.

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size? 600W Meizhi, 300W Mars hydro, 270w roleadro.

4 cfl bulbs.

I know it’s overkill for the lights but they are keeping the tent warm as well.

Lights are about 24 inches from canopy.

Temps; 65-75

Humidity; ranges from 26% during the day to 40-50 at night

Ventilation system; tent size is 32"x32"x60". Have a 6" duct fan connected to a carbon filter and a passive intake.

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: yes to all three when needed

Co2; no

Again the new growth looks good…

Any help is appreciated.
I think it looks like a magnesium deficiency maybe?

How does the rest of the plant look? Healthy, or sickly?

1 Like