Second grow general question

@dbrn32 @raustin

The top light is on. It’s a 600W Meizhi. Only the veg switch is on. It actually isn’t blurple like the other grow lights I’ve seen. It’s white light.

You’re plenty good with only that light for right now. Probably enough to run a single plant by itself at full power too. Those other lights would be best suited to add if you grow a big bushy plant that the overhead light won’t reach the sides.

3 Likes

@dbrn32

The tent is 32"x32"x60".

I had another in there but she didn’t make it :frowning:

1 Like

Well that sucks. Just spend a little extra veg time and train her out a bit. Should be able to fill that space by herself nicely.

3 Likes

Like @dbrn32 says you can fill that space with one plant pretty nicely. I would assume your plant is short and bushy like that because of all the light. Once you go to the single line @dbrn32 said it should get some Height . But it looks nice a healthy for the most part though. Nice job

2 Likes

@timmyv324 @Myfriendis410 @raustin

What is the lowest the temps can go at night without causing harm to the plant? At night in my basement the temps dip into the 50’s. During the day with the lights the temps are in the 72-75 range.

Should I get a supplemental space heater at night or is it not a problem?

2 Likes

It won’t hurt the plants but could retard growth or sometimes cause hermaphrodites. I would try to keep them in the mid 60’s at the lowest.

2 Likes

50s is pretty low for them to stay in. It’s ok for a cold snap, but not to live in every day. I think a little extra heat at night is in order, just to get it up into the 60s, that should be fine for nighttime temps. I keep mine in the high 60s at night.

1 Like

@raustin @Myfriendis410

Any heaters you guys recommend that won’t break the bank when it comes to electricity usage? Maybe one with a thermostat?

I’ve never used a heater, but I would recommend something small and portable, you only have to raise the temp about 15-20 degrees, so keep out simple. I’m sure you can find something appropriate on Amazon. Maybe a small electric heater.

Hmm, I just thought of a problem. I remember someone talking about the coils on their heater preventing their plants from going into flower because of the light it was giving off. Let me see if i can find that thread.

2 Likes

@raustin

I was reading that too…maybe I can get a small oil filled heater that doesn’t really have any light.

2 Likes

You can, but they can be dangerous. Personally, I would never use that indoors.

1 Like

@raustin

Yikes! I thought I read they were ok, but I am nothing going to take a chance. Thank you!

Why don’t you start a new thread asking about heating solutions. There must be someone out there that knows about this. Sorry I can’t be of more help. :relaxed:

1 Like

@raustin

No worries. I am going to search the threads someone that way I’m not redundant.

Again, thank you for all of your help.

2 Likes

I use a convection heater but my room is 12’x16’x9’. A small oil filled will work for your situation.

2 Likes

@Blazinace

How safe are they to go in a tent? The tent is 32"x32"x60".

I don’t use this in my tent but the coil somehow never gets red only light to tape is the power light got it at Home Depot

2 Likes

Temperature tolerance depends on strain.

My WW autos grew big and beautiful outdoors with nighttemps at 46-50 F, daytemp 52-55 the first 6 weeks.

2 Likes

This is perfect for you, @dmykins. Just remember to tape up the light.

2 Likes