Same old box, brand new strain

Outstanding! Congratulations on the chop man, enjoy the smoke!

2 Likes

Final total was just over 4 ounces, not bad for my first sativa. I have to say the trimming was next to nothing compared to my indica girls, took about 2.5 hours start to finish. There was still low larfy stuff but nothing like the larf on indica.
All in all want to grow more sativa like this one, easy as hell to grow, easy as hell to trim, and from the first toke… a real good sativa high. Last about 2 hours or so, then gently returns you to normal. No heavy hung over feeling like my indicas do.
Oh and my mother plants are in permanent pots and soon to be topped. Bubba kush didn’t make it through early selection, I’ve got one more seed I may try dropping later. For now the in house mother lineup is 1. Blueberry 2. Gelato 3. Sweet zombie 4. Creeper

I really wanted to use square pots like @Hellraiser uses for his mommas but couldn’t find any … square pots or patience so I went with round.

4 Likes

Outstanding man!! You got stocked!!

And now I see FOUR plants?? That’s exciting…

All in the same box or do you have a construction project on the way??

2 Likes

This is all a work in progress, kind of like me :joy:
The 4 plants you see I plan on growing small in permanent veg. Then take cuttings for clones whenever I want. Still planning to use the old box to flower lots of small clones, a poor mans sea of green if you will :wink:
I’ve topped them all, 3 of the tops I’m trying to use as clones

So we’ll see how this goes, for now this will work until I see something better I can do. Always tweaking and tinkering.

2 Likes

So far all the plants are still alive so that’s a bonus. However the clones not so much, 2 of 3 never made roots. Oh well, I just cut off some more branches and try again. If all take then I will do 6 clones in the box, 2 of each strain. I would’ve added creeper to the mix but turns out she hermied at some point. I got lots of seeds, not fully developed hard seeds but seeds none the less. What I have is a clone of that plant so I want to do it by itself to see if it herms again.

4 Likes

#upgrades!

Loving all the green man!

1 Like

First off, let me say that I have no idea what I’m doing or what I’ve started here. There was some semblance of a plan when I dropped 4 seeds, but at this point it’s just madness :thinking:

I had a hard time getting clones to root initially, but I have a sweet zombie clone flowering now. And a blueberry clone and a gelato clone that finally are rooted. Also have juniper clones I’m hoping to root, those are just for the landscaping. The last picture there shows my gelato plant which is healthy but with a lot of variegation in the leaf pigments. Kinda cool, plant is healthy otherwise

4 Likes

The momma plants are doing ok for the most part, however the gelato may be getting removed from the lineup. It just seems genetically challenged, aka a little inbred. I’ve got a clone I’m going to flower so we’ll see how it does in flower before giving it the ax.

And here’s the flowering lineup for this run. The sweet zombie who was the only one from the initial cloning attempt of all the tops I removed, is center stage. She’s 3 weeks in 12/12, really small but super frosty. And in front in the gray pot is gelato clone, growing weird with signs of variegation like the mom so we’ll see how she flowers. And in the blue pot is my blueberry clone, super excited for this one. She’s from a freebie pack that came with my creeper seeds, really vigorous plant with huge fan leaves. Can’t wait to give her a taste, I have a feeling she’s got a lot of sativa genetics. These 3 all had bare minimum vegetation once rooted, a few days at best, then flipped to flower. Depending how this goes will let me know my capacity and growth rate of these little clone grows.
This could be a decent perpetual setup if it all works the way I think. Don’t see why I can’t get 6 at a time with this box, but that all depends on how big these little suckers get over the next 2 months :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I seem to be having a lot of hermie issues the last couple grows, this current grow is no exception

This is my sweet zombie clone, 25 days into flower. This morning after lights on I was looking her over and saw these! Wasn’t sure how to remove since the balls are out like that. I ended up cutting off the whole branch, but as soon I clipped the branch I saw slight dust descending to the ground. Have no idea how much I pollinated with that stupid move and also debating if I should keep her or toss her out? Probably going to keep making female balls, but I hate to toss her now because I’m running low… you understand of course.
Since she’s so small I can see pretty well all around her, maybe just keep an eye out for more and cut as soon as I see it. The other 2 clones are starting to stretch now but no clear buttons yet, which is a good thing considering what I just did removing the balls from the zombie.

3 Likes

Are these from plant that hermed in previous grow? If it’s genetic hermaphrodite will likely all go hermaphrodite.

3 Likes

This is a clone from a plant I started from seed, this is the first time flowering this particular plant. I will be scanning it over everyday, hopefully it was just a light leak or stress

3 Likes

Next time place a small paper or plastic bag over branch you’re going to cut then proceed to cut. That way you pollinate everything

2 Likes

been missing on here for a while. Been dealing with a shit show here in Austin. Someone stole my bike last week and dealing with the real estate market here is a nightmare. I got the bike back yesterday with about 3k worth of damage :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::rage:

2 Likes

Damn brother that sucks, if someone stole one of my bikes you’d see a grown man cry like a baby :joy:
Steal my car and I’m upset, but insurance will cover and get me a new one. But stealing a mans bike is like stealing his woman, it’s very personal, to me at least. Cars get me around but harleys give me joy you know what I’m sayin. Glad you got it back at least, and the plastic bag trick I’m definitely going to use should I need to remove more balls. Hopefully she’s done being a trans and is ready to just be what she was always intended to be… a beautiful fruitful female!
You got anything going? Dropped any beans lately?

1 Like

No nothing lately unfortunately. I have to wait until I get moved into a new place. That’s easier said than done in Austin

2 Likes

Best I can tell because I didn’t mark the dates well, my sweet zombie clone was flipped on October 24th and the blueberry and gelato were flipped November 7th.

2 Likes

Speaking of the 3 in flower, here they are. Had to add a shelf because these guys are so short, they need to be closer to the light. So far I really like this setup and growing clones is the way to go for me. Flowering them small gives me the most workability keeping them under control. I believe I can max out this box with 5 total clones at once, maybe even 6. Just depends how these 3 finish, smaller plants means smaller yield each harvest but being able to get another 5 ready to harvest every two months or so. Plus variety in each haul gives me the ability to add more of what I like and less of what is so so you know😉
I may use the other cabinet I have to put a few more mothers so I can add even more variety. Plus I’m less nervous to try different things, it’s a clone. If I kill it I just cut another one and try again. Granted I was having problems getting clones to root initially but that’s really just because I wasn’t covering the cutting to keep Rh high for the first week or so. That plus a good soak in ph water before putting into soil seems to help too. Anyway, today is a perfect day to be thankful for all my blessings… this way of growing is just one of my many blessings! Happy thanksgiving to anyone scrolling through journals that came across mine!

3 Likes

We’ll played Chop. You figured out cloning man, I’m impressed!!

Keep the pics coming!

1 Like

The flowering girls are coming along nicely. Sweet zombie is getting close, about 2 and a half weeks left I figure and so far fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2: there’s been no more hermie sightings. My first go with sweet zombie I wasn’t happy with the final product. It was a rushed grow that I had a hard time drying properly because the humidity was ridiculous. A whole lot of larf too, but I think growing these little clones kind of eliminates larf completely.
My blueberry clone is my favorite so far, just a beautiful plant. Great structure, I’ve got a good feeling about this strain, can’t wait to see how it tastes. And my weird gelato is looking good as well, still has the variegation in the leaves which I’m convinced is just genetic, no deficiency far as I can tell.
Next week I plan to get more clones going so they’re ready to go when the flower box is free.

4 Likes

Happy Birthday!

2 Likes