Just completed my first grow using a bag seed and this old box of mine. Went ok but harvested early due to root rot. Here we are round two and hopes of doubling my last yield
Few changes to the box, I added a foot of height making it 2x2x5 grow box. Relocated the controls to easier spot and put a switch to control the spectrum of the lights I have that due a seed/veg/flower setting. Other than that basically the same as it was, but with the added height and a bigger pot, 6 gallon, hopefully better yield. Let’s see how it goes🤞🏻
Going to tag along if you don’t mind. I am currently flowering 6 girls - 3 big girls and their 3 tops as clones. Only up to 3 weeks here - but my next run will be monsters - they fascinate me.
Best of luck - they sure are tough!
Don’t mind if you do, this is my second grow, first time cloning and a monster crop at that. We’ll see how this goes, I agree they are fascinating. Started growing strictly for the end smoke, but now I’m actually a fan of the plant and the way it grows.
Awesome. My grow started when I was gifted 3 little clones by a mate that had been my go-to for the past 5yrs - same strain - love it. He had to prepare to move house and couldn’t take it with him - so I am carrying the torch - last of it’s strain. It has been a steep and incredible learning curve for me.
It has expanded from there - with a lot of help from the awesome people on here.
Sort of done a crash course in one grow. All sorts of training and general mistreatment - and at the same time play with taking clones - just to see what works best for me in my conditions. But the goal was always the same - a flat canopy - the fuller - the better! But I have learned so much!
Next run will be monsters… still haven’t decided on quantity yet - still playing with ideas
I’m hoping next week to transplant my gelato into the 6 gal pot, then I can get my net in place and start the training. I topped and fimm one of the tops so I’m hoping to have 5 or more main tops to work around and get that nice wide open canopy. After trimming my last grow I want to eliminate as much low larfy stuff as possible this time. I just want to trim big fat colas
You already know I’m following!
That sounds like a plan. Have to agree - not looking for popcorn. My challenge (mistake) was setting my tent too low - it sits below the lower lip of the side access panels - and my back is not the best - so there is no crawling and cutting. Rookie error. I will get to as much as possible. But my main focus is going to be a big defoliate in the canopy. There are so many really good tops forming it is insane.
I am up to Day 21 - no more Mr Niceguy
Glad to see you found me
And just like that I can F#@& things up!!
2 big mistakes I should’ve saw coming, guess I’ve been enjoying my harvest a little too much:rofl:. I put my girl right under the new lighting arrangement, mistake 1. Then I neglected to change the timer I put on my exhaust fan, was still on 12/12 from before. So my girl was being cooked under the lights with no exhaust! Thank god my internal fans were running, but unbelievable considering why I had to chop my first girl early I would overlook such basic
Don’t ever get comfortable you got this… because I’m still an apprentice at this point
kinda looks like you may need cal mag
The irony is 2 days ago I watered with cal mag. Think it’s possible the cal mag caused it? I kind of doubt it, pretty sure she was too close at too high temp for too long. We’ll see in a few days if it continues,
Apparently light burn is easy to fix, just move the lights
Time to start the training
It will be nice once she’s ready to transplant, hopefully the last time I will need to adjust the net at that point. Ideally other than cal mag added because I’m using purified water, and some tiger bloom once flowering begins, I want to utilize the soil itself for the necessary nutrients. Transplanting from a 1 or maybe 2 gallon pot, not sure, to a 6 gallon pot with good soil I hope will be mostly sufficient. The less I add the less build up needing to be flushed out. I always have these ideas as if nobody has ever thought of them before
Anyway let’s see how it goes, and how quickly I abandon what I just said and start getting all freaked out she needs nutrients
Transplant completed today from small gallon pot to 6 gallon she will spend the rest of her days. Readjusted the netting and now just vegetate for a few weeks then flip. My little clone can hang around until the flip, she will then need to go somewhere to veg for the next 3 months until the box is free. Hoping to successfully herm and self pollinate this bag seed clone
Forgot to add that I watered in after transplant with 1 gallon of RO water with 5ml of cal mag. Also added was teaspoon of molasses and mykos.