Same old box, brand new strain

Happy belated cake day my friend!

1 Like

Very nice looking ladies. I love the variety!

2 Likes

I’ve made a few tweaks and there’s updates as well. First picture is what I got from the sweet zombie, maybe half ounce at best. I chopped her early so I wasn’t expecting much. Decent buzz but virtually no flavor, smells green still and nothing like before I chopped. No worries though, my blueberry and gelato are getting nice and fat. Smell fantastic as well, about 2 weeks till I can harvest.
I decided to take my 2 cabinets and make them one big unit together, the easiest way possible. I removed the back panel from both and set them back to back. With some straps, screws and duct tape bam! Now I have a combination veg and nursery tent, or cabinet. In the new cabinet I have 6 clones that are not really rooted yet, but hopeful. 3 blueberry and 3 gelato, also my last bubba kush seed popped and is growing strong. I did get rid of my creeper mother plant, she was a hermie. I might remove my sweet zombie mother as well due to hermie issues, and replace with bubba kush.
These clones need to kick butt here, the flower box will be open in 3 weeks time. I plan to up from 2 flowering clones to 4 as long as 4 of the six clones I started make it. That’s all I got, I’ll just say Merry Christmas to all, and to any who may be reading this journal!

3 Likes

Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to us all :tada:

My little clones are getting very close now. Want to give some more time to let more colors show on my blueberry

My photography skills are lacking, hard to get all the color I’m seeing to show clear in the pictures. Anyway I’m in love with this setup and method for growing, the small clone runs are perfect. The small size makes them very easy to care for( except water). And there is literally no larf because everywhere gets light.

I’ve ditched the sweet zombie mother, it’s a known herm at this point. Even though I grew the herm I caught early without much damage done, I can’t chance running it with any of the others. So she gone :v:
And in her place will be weirdo bubba kush

Ugly little bastard isn’t she :joy:
No reason not to give her a chance, I think we all like the underdog right. I’m trying something out with clones using this thing I got at Home Depot

Makes for 10 little guys using minimal dirt cause lots won’t make it. Easy to work with so I hope this idea is a keeper. I loaded each cell with dirt then went to the mothers, as I cut off a branch I dipped in rooting powder and straight into its new spot. Once all 10 were filled I cut them apart so I could cover with a clear solo cup to give the greenhouse affect.

Still tweaking and testing new things and ideas, all while reusing :poop: I already got laying around. Keeps my hobby financially sustainable, aka keeps my wife off ass :joy:

5 Likes

If that Bubba turns out anything like mine did you’re going to love it! Your set up is kickin ass! Looks like you’ve got your system down!

3 Likes

I only like the underdog when they play Ohio st. or Michigan

Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Thanks dude, I’ve been dying to try out the bubba kush. Mostly I like the name, but also first 2 seeds did nothing and this was my last chance. Let’s hope she’s a keeper🤞🏻

1 Like

Much appreciated, not much of a college sports fan with the exception of Purdue. I am a fan of Purdue but only because my daughter graduated from there :thinking:

2 Likes

Purdue is a Big 10 team, so you definitely appreciate when the others lose. I have a friend with daughter currently at Purdue on athletic scholarship, she loves it there.

1 Like

Found these on the gelato this morning, so even though I planned on going one more week I chopped both. I didn’t take pictures yet, kind of bummed I couldn’t get a little more color before chopping. Anyway I should have another round of clones ready in2 weeks. Plenty of time to dry in the flower box, controls the smell better. They were heavy for their size, and the gelatos buds are very dense. Be nice to get a zip from each :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

Killing it man!!! Well done!

2 Likes

Few changes and updates
As far as my harvest the blueberry was just under 1 oz and the gelato was just over 1 oz. I’ve actually been very diligent to properly cure the buds this time. So worth it, this blueberry is so good. It’s my favorite right now, gelato is decent… not great so far but still than the sweet zombie.
This means I need to get more going soon

So you can see there is a lot now and it’s going to get out of control soon. I had 10 cuttings, 5 of each strain, 2 didn’t make it but still got 8 that are now rooted. They are the ones under solo cups to the right, then I decided to drop 4 of my creeper seeds. They’re regular seeds so good chance one will be a male, if so keeping it and best of any females in long term veg. At some point I will do a run of all my girls and one creeper stud, get a bunch of seeds and maybe get a cherry ice cream creation of my own :wink:
Also the last picture is my ugly bubba kush, not so ugly no more and very healthy. A little sad she was just transplanted and very dry when I did it. I might as well break em in early…

2 Likes

It’s been a little bit since I was last here, everything is red… am I really high? Weird, anyway few changes and some pictures as well

Got a view in from each side, in the first picture down at the bottom I’ve designated the nursery. I’ve got a little gelato that just popped up still wearing its shell. Also a bubba kush cutting in a rigged up mason jar with air stone in it, hopefully will speed up the rooting process.

On the shelf above the nursery I have all 4 creeper seeds I dropped, almost ready to be topped. I’m hoping topping will get sexual maturity to kick in. I want a male out of this for future breeding, and I’m hopeful the shortest one will be female. Best looking of all 4, and being shorter will make it easier to keep as a mother creeper.

Here I’ve got a new blueberry mother almost ready to top, and a tiny seedling that is either gelato or sweet zombie. Not sure and I got no more sweet zombie seeds left so let’s hope for the best.

Here’s what’s in the flower box currently, 3 blueberry clones and one gelato clone. Out of the 16 total cloning attempts 6 made it, one gelato and 5 blueberry. 4 of the six are what you see in the box, on the right both blueberry are about 5 weeks into flower. On the left blueberry and gelato, they’re 2 weeks into flower. Shortly I should have all mothers restocked and hopefully a seed run early this summer.

2 Likes

Looking for some advice, something is going on with this blueberry in front on the right. On comparison to the plant directly behind it which is genetically identical and just one week behind in flowering. The plant in front is looking a sad green and leaves curling and limp, to me seems like root rot perhaps. Any insights appreciated as always @Hellraiser @Breezy @scylents @Nicky

3 Likes

Some updates got away from us, should look better sometime next week. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

The leaves “clawing” like that is usually a sign of nitrogen toxicity (over feeding), might want to skip a feeding or 2. Any idea what the runoff ppm is?

4 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t. I just follow the directions for the most part and check ph with test strips :person_facepalming:
But I have got my feedings all mixed up lately and she’s more than likely been way over fed. Think I can go water only to clear it up or should I flush?

3 Likes

I would just go straight RO water. I wouldn’t flush. Doesn’t look to bad just a slight claw

3 Likes

Yeah I’d just go water only for a couple waterings and let the ppm come down a bit and see what they look like then, don’t need to really flush but I’d want a good amount of runoff (like 25% or so).

3 Likes