Same old box, brand new strain

Wasn’t me. Could have been one of the admins, but none said anything. Glad you are fixed for now though.

1 Like

37 days into flower for this sativa, she is definitely done stretching now. Hasn’t made any significant height increase in 5 days now so I think we’re done.

Processing: 8B986874-10EA-4B17-A1E5-723E75DC4A8A.jpeg…

Unfortunately I’ve got larf :poop:
Oh well, look at the frost on my lady’s tops :partying_face::rofl:

I do believe I got a little color, some purple tips on my baby sugar leaves. Also perhaps concerning, I’ve got purple along the outside edges of my top fan and large bud leaves. I’m hoping it’s just color change overall that’s genetic, outside that I’ve got some burnt tips but that’s to be expected. I’ve been pushing her like a jockey on a horse… she’s a little sore I think :wink:
Anyway, the last 2 watering’s I gave her a break, the first was water and molasses, and the last watering was water and milk… with just a splash of fish emulsion. It brings the ph right down to that sweet spot between 6.5 and 6.8, we’ll actually it’s the sweet spot between yellow and orange on my swimming pool ph test strips but I digress…
Tomorrow she gets saddled up and rode hard for the next few weeks, no more off days!

3 Likes

I’ve decided to drop one of each indica I have, all feminized. 2 of which I’ve already grown and 2 I haven’t.

![image|375x500]
(upload://p3MIw0eBpLI7L4aB251p9xSbcV1.jpeg)

I dropped them in water for about 2 hours before putting them in the soil, the bubba kush already cracked its shell when I took it out!
I’m going to try topping them and keeping them small, and growing slowly. I am hoping to use them as mother plants. Figure I’ll try my hand at growing out clones and doing a very small sog.
The cabinet you see them in, I have another just like it. I’m either going to keep them seperate, one for mother’s an other for clones. Or just combine them to get a bigger flowering box and repurpose my existing flower box to be the mother home.

2 Likes

Day 46 of flower

No pictures yet of the children, but so far 3 that I dropped have sprouted. Gelato, blueberry and sweet zombie have all sprouted. Bubba kush did not, however after digging around found no seed. I think it stuck to my finger and never made it in. No worries, just put another in the dirt and added water.
It will be about a week behind the other 3, but since I’m planning to keep them all in long term veg for mother’s it shouldn’t really matter.
So far all is good with the creeper, she’s frosting up nicely and lots of purple sugars in the buds. Beautiful plant and just like the breeder says, it’s really easy to grow. Although it’s by far the smelliest plant I’ve grown, when I walk in the door from work it smells like a dispensary. I’m guessing I have 3 weeks left at the earliest, that’s a very uneducated guess so don’t hold me too it :wink:

4 Likes

Day 52
Checked on the 4 seeds and all sprouted. I also had a cutting from my creeper I took a month and a half ago. Until a week ago it was in a glass of water sitting on the window ledge. The stem had root nubs on its, but no roots so I stuck it in soil. Low and behold, she’s got roots and new growth. Now I have 5 strains to grow out, my entire volume of marijuana genetics is growing at once!

The little one is my second bubba kush seed, finally popped up.

And now some glamour shots of creeper… I love this plant, can’t wait to smoke her

Processing: 128AFF78-FEFB-4E2D-9238-B6BE4FEF2AC4.jpeg…

As I said I love this plant, so easy to grow, sticky, looks awesome with the purple sugars. I could go on and on, it better be as good to smoke as it is to look at :wink:

2 Likes

Not sure I am the cause for this, but I have suggested to many to do this to sex plants. However, is not a great method to root them. Sitting in the glass of water the plant is able to get the water it needs to survive easily, so there isn’t really a need to establish much of a root system. This is same reason you will see a lot of us recommend watering a small amount in a ring around outside of pot for young plants. Too much water right near the stem of plant will slow down expansion of root mass. But if the roots have to work a little to get water, they will expand pretty quickly.

Things are looking good though, keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Thanks, I read somewhere about this working, so far I’ve tried twice and never worked. Cutting just slowly dies unless I toss it in soil :joy:
Oh well, I think I’ll try again though. I will be doing clones of my 5 momma’s so I might do some experiments. One thing for sure I want to do is make seeds and hopefully some breeding.

2 Likes

Flowering day 57

Some trichomes shots

All is looking very good, about a week and a half left I gather till I can harvest.
Got a sample bud drying now, should be ready by Friday to sample. Will give me a good idea of potency and quality of high. So much easier to wait now that I’m back working again. Up at 4 am and in bed by 10, the weeks fly by. Time also flies by so the final month of flower is much easier to wait out :+1:

And here’s the babies, along with my clone from this beautiful sativa I have going

And my bubba kush that took forever to pop, tiny little runt but well see how she does

2 Likes

Looks so fire!! Look at us @tchop134 we have come a long ways from when we first encountered each other! Let me mention that if the Bubba Kush is from ILGM you better buckle up. That was some of the best I’ve produced!

2 Likes

Amen brother, there’s freedom in the ability of oneself to do for themselves. Thanks to an Internet forum we met, and learned from some of the best there is at doing for yourself! I can’t say enough good things about this place and the people I’ve met. The bubba is from seedsman, that’s where I got all my seeds except the the very first bag seed I stuck in soil.
Hopefully someday you and I can smoke a fat bowl and take a ride, nothing says freedom like a V twin :+1:

2 Likes

…that box man…

I remember reading when you first put up all those hardware store LEDs and I gotta tell you I was doubting.

But man you’re killin it.

I showed pics of your stuff to friends in the states. You inspired a few people I know to grow!!

2 Likes

That’s mighty nice of you my brother, I appreciate that. Maybe I just got lucky with good genetics so far, however without this site I know for absolute certainty my first seed would’ve been a huge disappointment! The box would’ve been a failure and with the state next door going legal, actually 2 neighbors I believe. Anyway, I would’ve given up on the silly idea of growing my own weed, I would tell others that were thinking about it not to waste your time brother. I tried it, had this cool grow box I built and everything. But the damn thing just died on me, it’s too hard man.
I appreciate the compliment and if your friends have issues, you know where to direct them :wink:

1 Like

Pineapple Express is no longer just a funny movie or great strain of weed. It’s now the greatest example of what American should be, something that will make a great movie someday. This country is blessed to be served by the bravest men in the world. For those who don’t know what I’m talking about just google Pineapple Express, Afghanistan.

1 Like

Amen God bless all.

1 Like

So all my seeds are popped and most are doing fine. However I got 2 that are concerning me a little, gelato and bubba kush. Bubba is just so tiny and I have my doubts whether she will make it or not. We’ll see, I’m always rooting for the underdog!
My gelato on the other hand is growing fast and right on track with blueberry, which is showing to be the strongest of the 4 seeds I dropped. But the variegation on the gelatos leaves has me concerned.

Would be cool if it turns out to be genetic and I get those cool looking all white buds :+1:
However I doubt that, my first thought is she might be hungry but the soil is the same for all 4, and none of the others are starving. Which has me looking at myself to see what I may have caused… 9 times out of 10 the issue unknown is revealed by retracing my steps :wink:
I’ve only watered them so far, no nutes or anything, but I haven’t been ph’ing my water, never have at this stage. Perhaps this particular gelato sprout is more sensitive to ph. My tap water is fairly high so it’s certainly a possibility. I’ll let them dry just a bit and give a ph’d watering later today or tomorrow. I also moved a fan inside the cabinet they’re in, perhaps not enough air flow as well. That’s all I got… any suggestions are welcomed @Hellraiser @Nicky @Breezy @scylents

3 Likes

61 days since the flip to 12/12 and this girl is getting the chop Friday! I don’t expect to get more than 4-6 ounces from this plant but I couldn’t be happier with how it’s grown. I’ve got this awesome purple color and as advertised it pretty much grows itself. I would do another week but the fox tailing is pissing me off. I smoked a sample bud I took like 2 weeks ago and the high was very good. And the sample was from the very bottom where light is not good so I’m hoping the 4-6 ounces I do get will be twice as potent. Quality over quantity, at least I hope so :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Yeah that’s a strange one, may grow out of it, maybe not, just gotta grow it and see.

3 Likes

Agreed that it’s an interesting one, and I would just let her grow. She looks bigger than her sisters though, so maybe she’s growing faster and is hungrier??

1 Like

Creeper got the chop on Wednesday , a week earlier than planned. I was tired of seeing all the foxtails and plus the smell was getting me nervous. She’s been hanging since then, hoping to jar tomorrow and get a final weight.

5 Likes

Congrats on the harvest!

2 Likes