Preparing for Ohio Legalization, narrowed down to Cmh, or Qb roughly 3x3 to 4x4 grow space

Yes you are right. They were using the Q series not the F

2 Likes

I was actually thinking about adding red/far red strips at a later point. Read about this but not quite sure of the advantage, but that $1750 light has some red/far red that the qb’s don’t.

1 Like

Those guys will often run a series parallel configuration too. Something like running two 24v strips in series to get to 48v, and then having several strings of that to divide current.

I really don’t like doing that, especially when I’m unsure of wiring skills and electrical safety skills of everyone. Running a series configuration does impose higher circuit voltages, which can also be a safety issue. But a series connected system on constant current driver covers a lot of potential issues. The technique I try to get everyone to use is pretty hassle free. If you wire leds wrong, or you have a wire come loose, your stuff just doesn’t work. All you have to do is make sure you’re not messing with it energized and should be perfectly safe. Parallel wiring usually doesn’t have the shock potential, but they are way more susceptible to thermal and current runaway

2 Likes

Hlg and cutter both have solutions for that too. Qb 18 from hlg, cutter will custom make you whatever you want.

2 Likes

Smart!

I’ve had my eye on these, but would 18 X4 LED’s make a real difference in a 4x304 setup?

1 Like

If you’re wanting to supplement the missing 660+ nm, absolutely. Go look at distribution graph on plc photoboost boards. I believe those are 96 lm301b whites and 4 xpe-he 660nm per board.

2 Likes

Hmm🤔

Those look like nice strips too.
Photo-boost-PDF-page-001

1 Like

You’re not going to get them for $10 lol. That’s if you can get them at all. They were restocked just a few days ago. @Drinkslinger has some on the way, I’m sure he’ll do something for us to follow build.

3 Likes

Agree but they are 96 vs 48 with the red as a bonus.

1 Like

I just meant from aspect of looking at how much those 4 reds change spd graph.

I was commenting on the $10. Yes the red is HUGE difference.

1 Like

@Thumper, you’re getting in depth look at what’s out there for lights lol. If you feel this is disruptive or unrelated to your original question please let me know.

3 Likes

I saw in the other thread some one did a 288 with Cree…I’ll be interested to see his info.

1 Like

@Onlythebest79 has that too, I believe xpe he and 720nm

1 Like

That’s more my style $4 for the pair

1 Like

He used rapid kit, but I don’t believe they sell anymore.

1 Like

So given I am running 240H-C1050A and 2xQB304 and the max Current is 1000A could I just add these in series?

The monos on stars that you posted above?

1 Like

Yes. Im not sure how the 2 stars work together, but the specs say 1000mA. I see the solder leads on the 3light star, but it looks like just contacts on the other.

1 Like

You won’t want to do that unless the 3 up stars are soldered parallel, and they’re probably not. 1000ma is max current. You would be better off just incorporating small driver into your power cord or something. I can help with that, meanwell has a whole bunch of them in $10-$20 range that would run several of those monos.

I believe rapid led and Steve’s led sells them in solderless if you’d rather go that way too. Take a look around, once you figure out what you wanna do lemme know.

1 Like