Preparing for Ohio Legalization, narrowed down to Cmh, or Qb roughly 3x3 to 4x4 grow space

This is my biggest concern… I was sold on Cmh until I landed here :wink: I have time to make a few final decisions as it looks like Ohio is gonna drag this out until they Federally get it done. I am so gitty though… Woot woot! AT 50 years old I never thought I would see the day! I am so flippin excited!

Thank you, I know this subject has been beat to death, but this is what I am down to and my most important decision, in my eyes. cmh or qb ?

1 Like

P.s. CMH 315 locally $350 otd 2 years walk in and replace on site… I believe it was a raptor brand, 3100 bulb etc…

r u wanting to fill a 3x3 or 4x4 wall to wall with flower lighting.?

315w CMH would be bare minimum for a 3x3,
QB would be best suited for a 4x4, 2x HLG 260w XL QB kits.!
or DIY QB.!

1 Like

Check out the DIY Quantum Board threads. Build your own light, hands down the best advice I got on here. @dbrn32 has a lot of threads on building a light. You absolutely won’t regret it!

3 Likes

The cmh are good lights, just make sure you use the Phillip’s green power if you go that route. You can get a more efficient light going with leds, but you’ll give up the uv. Usually comes down to where you fall on the uv and how much money you want to spend.

3 Likes

Im in a 3x3 and I have an easy diy QB setup for less than 300 bucks that kills it in my tent. And no need for heatsinks. :metal:

4 Likes

Would like to stay around $350.00 ish… I have not discounted QB and the more I read hmmm QB’s seem to be doing really well. I have purchased a 5x5 tent, but only want to use about 3’ to maybe 4’ so I have room to play as this will likely be a full term hobby! As soon as Ohio says go… Gonna check out imSICKkid the pics look like a nice clean build. P.s. Thanks everyone!

1 Like

No heat sink??? P.s. If anyone here is w/ HLG and would like to jump in w some numbers for a system that can potentially cover up to 4x4 lets talk! Going to go check out the HLG 260w XL Thank you OldSlowGuy! P.s. Think a sale will be popping on 4/20/19?? I have time!!! Flippin Ohio

P.s. Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

Looks like maybe a short road trip to HLG… 2hrs away :grinning:

3 Likes

Dbrn will handle you bud. He is the light god

2 Likes

The 132 and 120 boards run heatsink free. The lower power level and diode spacing allow pcb to provide enough cooling.

For a 4x4, like 4 288 boards at 2100ma. Running small light in big space is a little more difficult because you lose reflection around edges of canopy. But three 260 xl kits would be pretty solid setup in a 5x5. They run about $350 each, you could start with two and add third later and use whole 5x5.

1 Like

This is how I will always picture Dbrn in my head since we’ll never know who he truly is lol :joy:
20190414_132425

7 Likes

Well I have enough cash for x-1 260xl now… or I could do the 4 288 would not be a problem building a skirt on the edges of the light frame " like a Mylar shower curtain" to help with the edges of the canopy. Decisions decisions… how many 288’s can be linked before a heat sink is needed? in case I want to utilize all my space? I know…

1 Like

You would need a heatsink for even 1 288 board at reasonable current. Mylar curtain works too.

Lmao! My hair is short and dark, and I’m much more likely to be toting a scary looking rifle than a sword. Otherwise that pretty much works!

7 Likes

Its the Kilt he imagines you in a Kilt…

3 Likes

I thought it was the 6 pack. I’m more like working on 12 pack lol, probably them tall boys at that.

4 Likes

who needs a 6 pack when u can have a nice round keg.!! LOL

3 Likes

this is part of the appeal of QB,
u can get some now to start with and expand as money becomes available.!!

3 Likes

I am leaning toward Qb… I slept on it last night… I have some time here in Slow to the Go Ohio… Thank you!