Outdoor guerilla grow in the Alaskan Bush: the 3 Stooges

giphy%20(6)

2 Likes

Good job :clap:t2: Tape and ties are our friends :grin: and I still keep baling wire on hand :+1:

1 Like

The Hut stayed standing overnight, even with all the rain! Phew! No bunnies infiltrated it, either! Alright, it only has to do its job for another month. C’mon gorilla tape!

4 Likes

Hey, y’all! I’m also over here, doing this thing:2018 Autumn Autos-dropped 8/27

Looks like a bird crawled into the Hut, panicked, poo’d all over the place, then escaped. I had to clean guano off of a few leaves & a few drips on the walls, too. Smdh. Wtf, birds?!

1 Like

Those damn dinosaurs! Why couldn’t you all just die and not have some that learn to fly!?

1 Like

Today is day 49 from germination!

So much rain & so cold! Wtf?!

The girls are doing just fine, health wise, but the buds are forming slow as molasses. Lots of pretty pistils, no budlets, yet. C’mon, girls, winter waits for nobody!

1 Like

Rumor has it, there might be a frost, tonight. Ugh!

New plan, but I won’t be able to implement it until Monday: move the plants close to my travel trailer, which gets great sun from 7am-6pm; keep plants outside for 12 hours, then move them into the trailer at night. I can put out the awning when it rains.

I think the trailer will stay warmer than my Hut. Any thoughts? I’m not giving up on these very healthy plants unless I absolutely have to.

@haildamaged You wanted cold? Here it is!

Keeping them in from the cold sounds good, but do you have a lighting option for the trailer if you get a few days of cold in a row? Or will your heater be up by then?

I am not able to use anything electrical in my outdoor grow. These girls are roughing it, guerilla style. No heaters, no lights, beyond what nature offers.

1 Like

Gotcha. Thought these were in the new tarp-tent-thing - and that it was getting heat. How many plants do you have? LOL

1 Like

They are in a Hut I made, but the temps are dropping faster than usual. I don’t think the Hut wil protect the plants past a certain temperature. I have 3 outdoor plants that are strictly outdoor.

I have a new indoor grow, too, that’s completely separate from my outdoor grow.

1 Like

That always ‘bugged’ me when indoor growers post “I’m letting her get some real sunshine…” and move the plants outside - then back in.

My inner Murphy is screaming “NOOOOOOOO! Something’s gonna get 'em!” LOL

2 Likes

They survived the night w/o much issue, from the looks of things. The Hut actually had ice on its roof, but the plants inside were fine. At least they look fine, as of now. Still frost on the grass & a slight sheen of ice on my back porch.

I might move them into the camper, tonight. It’ll have to be a clandestine, night-time operation. Then, Sunday morning, I’ll have to sneak out early to set them back outside.

Until I either harvest or frost gets them, I am not giving up!

3 Likes

Have you looked into one of those ‘indoor safe’ emergency heaters? Kerosene, propane, etc. I think they have some decent ones with a thermostat function, You could at least keep it warm-ish. Sounds like you might be in a place where that’s handy to have anyway :wink:

1 Like

I have them for inside my home. We are very well-prepped for our winter, that’s for sure. The outdoor plants are kind of a sneaky grow. I really cannot think of any reason why I’d use spaceheaters outside, except for growing. My wife would not approve of that. Lol!

I wish I could help them out using everything I have. I’d have that camper hooked up with heaters, lights, and fans, that’s for sure. Instead, I MUST treat them like I am: outdoor guerilla grow plants.

It’s killing me not to hook them up properly, but now I know for next year: start my outdoor grow by June 1st, at the very latest.

2 Likes

But you also have an indoor grow? I’m soooo confused. Good luck to you. At this point I think anything I say on this subject will just go sideways LOL

1 Like

I have 2 completely seperate grows on 2 seperate journals. I try to keep them very well delineated so people don’t get confused on here. :grinning:

1 Like

LOL But you are the same person right? And you have plants growing inside where everyone can see, but you have to keep these 3 hidden? You see my confusion? I mean, I’m assuming the indoor grow is not ‘stealthy’?

2 Likes