Outdoor guerilla grow in the Alaskan Bush: the 3 Stooges

Smokes bowl - giggles.

2 Likes

I have to fight tooth & nail with my spouse so I can have an indoor grow. She knows about both grows, but prefers not to see/hear/smell what I’m doing. She was not thrilled when she saw my outdoor grow. She would be irate if I added to the outdoor grow, in any way.

This grow was supposed to occur at work, hundreds of miles from home, in the true AK bush. My work season was cut short, so now the girls are at my house. It is confusing if you’re looking in from the outside, but all’s well.

1 Like

The indoor grow is extremely stealthy. Extremely.

2 Likes

Well damn, I’m not as stoned as I thought I was. That makes sense.

smokes another bowl

1 Like

Ok. I finally moved things around. I set them up next to the camper, protected by a vented visqueen tent. At night, they’ll go inside camper, which seems to stay about 10 degrees warmer than outside.

Once it’s really cold, I MIGHT be able to run a power cord over to the camper to put a heater inside the tent & the camper. Nothing crazy, just powerful enough to keep temps at a min of 65.

4 Likes

Oh, I only moved Moe & Larry. Shemp’s pistils are just about non-existent, so she’ll stay in the old Hut. She’s never going to be harvestable before autumn is in full swing. As it is, I can probably only extend the season until October 1st-ish.

2 Likes

Under the guise of plugging in our outdoor colorful lights (it’s getting darker, longer), I’m going to see how camouflaged an extra cord, running about 50 ft to the camper, can be made. No green cord, only blue or neon orange.

Wish me luck.

3 Likes

Good luck!

1 Like

Go for the blue! Lol

1 Like

Here’s what I’m going to do:

1. The camper’s bathroom ceiling is one big skylight.

2. The outdoor plants will stay in the bathroom, 24/7.

3. I will run one of my old 130watt draw blurples from 5:30am-1:30pm; due to stealth issues, lights can only be on while the mouse isn’t home.

4. I will run a tiny space heater from 2pm-5:30am; my goal is to keep the temps no lower than 55°, which isn’t ideal, but it’s better than 35°-50°.

The camper has a built in heater, but holy crap is it loud!

So, that’s that. Nothing about anything about this grow has been ideal, but these plants are still so healthy looking. I’ll post a pic later today. The light is not running, yet, b/c I’m still thinking about options.

5 Likes

Isn’t being stealth with the person you live with an interesting challenge :rofl: My “mouse” never leaves our house and I have to make butter out in the garage :slightly_smiling_face: Sadly, he doesn’t go outside so I’ve been able to keep my outdoor plants stealth. I feel for you as we’re in a similar situation :hugs:
As to your electrical cord please be sure it’s capable of the proper amps/volts to run your heater. After I had a small electrical fire in my garage (kennel) I found out that the heater I was running out there was pulling too many amps for that circuit. Also found out how bad the wiring in my house is. :rage:. Anyhow, I just want you to be safe.
I’m really interested how your plants do with low temperatures as I am playing with an idea of trying a single auto in the garage in a small greenhouse maybe over the next few months. What you are doing may very well be my determining factor.

3 Likes

This was my first thought when I read “space heater” and “extension cord.” Please be safe. :v:

2 Likes

Thanks for having the same thought. I didn’t want to come across as too much of a worrywort :blush:

Thanks for worrying, but it’s for naught! I’ve already used this space heater on this circuit to thaw out a frozen oil pan & engine block. Also, come winter, this is the same outdoor outlet we use to plug-in our cars & run our well heat tape. You all would have a heart attack if you saw an Alaskan’s relationship with extension cords in the winter. Heck, right now, we have 2 50 ft cords, a 100 ft cord, and a 25 ft cord, just waiting to be plugged in for the winter.

This heater puts out no more heat than a high quality, high powered hair dryer.

If there’s a fire, you all can say: told you so!

4 Likes

Sounds like you have it covered. :+1: We had multiple heavy duty cords linked together to run lights and heaters from our previous house to our kennel barn our first year in Kansas but we had superior electric in that house. Knowing what I know now about our current house electric wise, I have to always be conscious about what & where I plug things in.
Besides I wouldn’t worry or say anything if I didn’t care about you :hugs:

4 Likes

Thank you, Granny!

2 Likes

So, I’m actually going to set-up my old 2x4 tent in the camper, and run the light 12 hours a day, then run a heater if I need it. The tent will hide the light, so I can run the light longer, using its heat to keep the girls warm. Also, the tent will help insulate even more, inside the camper. I’ll open & close flaps, as needed to get air flow. In fact, during the day, I’ll probably leave everything open even the door, to help with ventilation.

The led I’m using tends to raise indoor temps by about 15 degrees, so hopefully it’ll keep the girls going. Not sure how long I can keep them going, but I’m trying to go as long as possible.

Edit: I was going to use my tent, but the bathroom closet out there is the same size! So, plants are hooked up under the light, in a styrofoam lined closet. Not sure how long I can keep this up before I’m caught! I was really trying to grow outside to save on power, but…oh, well.

Fed the girls today, as well (bloom, nirvana, big bud). This is week 7 from germination.

3 Likes

Moe

Larry

5 Likes

The white residue is Piranha, not mold. :grinning:

1 Like

Last night, temps outside went down to 25F! I’ll know tomorrow am, when I can check on them, if the light is keeping them warm enough. I fear the end is here.

1 Like