Not2sureyet and 4 more Durban thai, 2 more TXL šŸ¤«

Yes I understand that @Myfriendis410 and thatā€™s why one of two reasons Im bring it up.

Jackā€™s/ chemgro give you a complete feed including cal mag, now I have never had cal mag issues if Iā€™m following the feed correctly with my chemgro (although sometimes its a bit low and I donā€™t want to mess with it and then I end upcwith minor cal mag shown issues until I bump it up but thatā€™s me being lazy/not having enough timeto spend in the garden).
So it leads to to belive you can be giving to much cal mag possibly.

But the bigger issue I see when running autopots is that vermiculite holds mosture, and autopots work best on this flood, drain, flood, wick system.
So using vermiculite will slow that wet dry cycle down, I belive that would be a disadvantage.
The vermiculite mixed into the coco is going to prevent the mosture from sticking to the bottom and the dry portion up top like the system is meant to be. Seems like itā€™s leading more to a soggy medium style than the way itā€™s designed to be used.

Thoughts?

1 Like

Ok, I think I am thinking clearer today. I have to think I disagree with that for now. Here is why. The TXL I grew in the auto pot was my biggest auto so far. Actually. It tied a photo done in a 2x4 scrog. All I have ever used with coco is the vermeculite. My pots are far from wet on the tops. For at least 3" that I dug up. I hit roots pretty fast. Here is an interesting find for me when I emptied one of the 6.6 pots from a TXL.
It has no where near the mass of roots the 5 gallon soft pot had. I had almost no roots. A few stragglers in the air dome. With the soft pot. The dome was so packed you couldnā€™t get a finger in there.
I have air stones with a 3 gallon soft pot and that plant is a monster compared to the first I did.
I plan on doing a Critical purple auto in a 6.6 pot and a 3 gallon soft pot next grow. I know it should get no less than 10oz even if things went bad.

Now, I should note. I was running 4 pots off an air pump as to one for the Big TXL. I am going to turn the pump all the way up next time and see if that makes a difference. I may not have been getting enough ait in there. Next grow will only be 6 plants

5 Likes

Hmmm. Well thatā€™s intriguing, thx for the share as always friend.

Letā€™s keep learning together.
I can only do 5 at a time right now and I think I need to get two more grows out of the way before I can start growing while doing semi controlled experiments.

1 Like

Ok, before I forget. The DT are now done. I didnā€™t reach my goal :angry: But was not far of the bottom minimum line either. All total, the 4 put out 29.3 oz 32 was the low end I was looking for. I have to lay that on the promix girl. I got

promix 5 gal pot 67.7g
Coco 5 gal pot 214g
Both of the coco 6.6 pots came in at 486g total so a final weight of 820g or 29.3 oz
Not sure what was the deal with the promix. But remove her from the grow and we were good lol

Now, 3 more autos to go before this grow i finished.
I meant to take a picture of the pile of buds. This is the last 2 plants though

10 Likes

Dang no luck with the promix eh?

1 Like

Nope, but @Myfriendis410 does

3 Likes

Coco is more environmentally friendly anyways

3 Likes

@Nicky @Not2SureYet. How often do u guys add humic folic and kelp to ur nute mix. Im switching to jacks got everything i need but fulvic acid. Git the 321 cyco silica raw kelp raw humic tribus. Anything else ill need and how often do u guys add kelp and humic and fulvic to ur mix ?

1 Like

Mark are you in autopots?

No i have 2 that will be cocoloco. And all the rest are coco and ffof mixed. Wanted to try the coco by itself and see how it goes. Lol.

2 Likes

So Iā€™m in autopots as you know and something I donā€™t think your aware of is autopots donā€™t accept organics.
The lines of the system grow sludge with Kelp or any other type of organic product.

That being said kelp and humic acid has been studied and its a great additive for root development, when I grew in soil I used a mix of FFHP & FFOF one has kelp one has humic acid so I left it at that, by week 4 my autos were done veg and I had to add nutrients so I didnā€™t ever add any. If your in coco I would suggest adding the kelp and humic acid (remember to do in the right ratio first then add to the pot) until your plants go into flower as itā€™s for root development.

If you really want to have all the goodies then follow green gene on YouTube and go get some MKP, using it in the jacks 321 mix.

Unfortunately I donā€™t have the cash myself yet to get tribus, silica and mkp. But silica is at the top of my list aside from a new tent I really need a new tent and filter lol

2 Likes

Ok well i have all the seeds are in solos with ffof until transplant then the will go into finals. Some autos some photos. 2 are str8 cocoloco. Dont know what to put in them. 7 gal fab pots. I have in autos
Zkit x1
Bubnlegum x1
Whitw widow x1

Photos
3 bag beans unknown but growing nice so far
2 trainwreck when the pop a tail been 4 days
And not sure if photo or auto but a blue cheese

1 Like

What do you mean font know what to put them in?

Dont know which to stick in coco which to stick in the 10 gallon pots which to pit in 7 gal. Think im gonna do a trainwreck in a 10 and a bag bean in a 10 rest in 7 should i do auto or photo in the coco bags

Hmmmmmmmmmm lol When I top feed. I add the acid when I do a water day. One day a month for the first 2 months then stop using it. In the autopots. I will run it in a full rez at about the second week the pots are turned on. I have had no issues with it. I did have issues in the a pots with the recharge. I use this 2 in 1 acid my self

1 Like

Okay what all are you using in your autopots lol

Base nutrients
Humic acid
Bud candy
Big bud
Silica

Are you using anything else?

1 Like

@Nicky, Right now with the autos. Just Jacks. With the DT I was going like this

Jacks Full strength

Silica all the way through. 1.25ml per gallon

Humic/Fulvic acid 10ml per gallon. Once about week 5 I think. I will have to check my book. And then again about a month later. For just one rez full each time

Big bud coco starting week 5. I was on the fence for using it. I saw it was doing great with the manatuska so added it here.

I will check my notes and see if there was any thing else. I think this was it though

Bud candy about the same time as the BBC. Only for a 3 weeks. I am still feeling out what works.
@Myfriendis410

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna need a tuneup on the autopots before I get too far along. I havenā€™t opened the package as I have been running my little Johnny ass ragged building a 4 X 8 grow ā€˜boxā€™. Still a crap-ton to do but seedlings are getting bigger so need to plan for a transplant next week.

Iā€™d like to have a full rez under them by the 12th of November as Iā€™m leaving for South Dakota for deer and pheasant (Iā€™ll save some pheasant for when youā€™re out!) that way L wonā€™t have to devote too much time futzing with plants. Those stairs are a bitch haha!

4 Likes

Keep in mind your plants need to have their leafs reach the edge of the pot or near before the autopot setup will work.

@Not2SureYet thnx for that. Why didnā€™t you run that all in the autos?instead you just ran the jacks by its self? I mean I canā€™t complain I have only been running the chemgro by its self no additives because I donā€™t want to invest more money right now

1 Like

I did run that with these 3 autos. I will explain tomorrow. My brain is frizzled. I will let my brain rest and try yto remember to give you a yell tomorrow @Myfriendis410

2 Likes