Not2sureyet and 4 more Durban thai, 2 more TXL šŸ¤«

I remember you saying that thry didnā€™t preform as wellā€¦ Hmm

K chat tomorrow email me

Have you tried FF happy frog? how would you compare it to the coco?

Fox farms happy frog is a light but nutrient diverse soil with little to no perlite so it compacts.

Coco is airey and has no nutrients its considered a soil less medium.
We will both recommend coco with 50 perlite/vermiculite (your choice) to grow cannabis
@NewYep

3 Likes

@Nicky
So if i end up liking coco and switch fully. Whats a good coco thats mixed already where i wont have to get 3 or 4 diff bags and mix myself. During summer i wont mind mixing as i can do it outside but i dont wanna have to try and mix all kinds of stuff for 10 to 12 plants inside lol. My wife will kick my arse

2 Likes

Canna already mixed coco is good.

2 Likes

Gonna see what the place by me has. I hate ordering stuff online. Got ripped so many times already and not emails back or anything they just ignore me. Lol. Got 3 items i purchased and not got no product or no refunds and its been since this quarantine started. Couple hundred bucks somewhere and its kinda making me mad lol

2 Likes

To get the best mix (that I know of to date) you need 3 items BUT WAIT.
One of them is a tiny tiny little bag of Mykos (in Canada I find Wallace organic the cheapest and in the US I think itā€™s great white but find a product)

Then you need a bag of pre washed coco (mine comes pre buffed as well) really any pre washed coco regardless of the brand but read the description as it may be washed and buffed.
s-l5002222
Followed by as much perlite or vermiculite as you have coco. Iā€™m loving perlite, if I was not in autopots I think I wiuld use vermiculite because it holds onto water and gives a boost of calcium so reduces calcium deficiency but for my autopots I love perlite and I donā€™t need the added calcium.

Get one of those big totes from home depot (biggest you can) and mix the coco with the other medium 50/50, then read the directions on the Mykos and add it in.
Boom done.
I can do four 5 gallon pots with one bag of coco and one bag of perlite.

7 Likes

I just used a big ass clean garbage can to mix in last time lol.

1 Like

Hard to mix the bottom with the top lol but your call lol

Hey, Hello Bo$$man! :smile:

And nice tutorial @Nicky :nerd_face:

1 Like

Thnx as always @kaptain3d remember to tag me anytime you or anyone else needs help.

@Mark0427 Iā€™m chasing you around on 4 threads stick to one thread man!

3 Likes

Yes ill admit it was a pain to mix. Had my wife arms deep in it mixing it all up. She was al ost head first in the can lmao. I should have took a pic. She is like 4 foor 9 maybe 4 10 it was hilarious. Feet dangling in the air but she wanted to do it so i didnt mess up my back. I think i have a jacked up sciatic nerve or something that sends jolts up my back down my leg its jacked up.

1 Like

I found these bins to be the best to mix in so far deep enough but wide enough to hold alot.

I have a couple of them in the shed i believe too. Gonna have to grow some with some gh nutes too i got a gallon of micro grow and bloom and a bunch of xtras besides. Lol

I noticed that last time i posted like man we r on 2 or 3 diff threads lol. Dude i get high and lose track of stuff its friday my kids r going to grandmas for the weekend. Im all ready for some relaxation lol.

2 Likes

Lol just blazed. So jelly Iā€™m at work until Tuesday evening then Iā€™m gonna light up the volcano and eat some candy on the couch with the girl and the dog watching some Halloween movies lol

1 Like

@Mark0427 If you have a little room. And are going to use coco for a while. Your cheapest option wold be to use bricks. Not messy at all. I break pieces off and hydrate them in a 5 gallon bucket. Once done. I put in a 20 gallon trash can. A layer of coco, and a layer of vermiculite. Then mix. Then keep repeating till it is full. The up side is you always have some ready to use. I get big bags of vermiculite for about 23 bucks. And it will make a lot.
I use about a 60/40 mix of the 2 as a guess. More of the coco. Once I fill a pot. I toss it in the tub., and rinse it good. Let it dry for a few hours. And pop a plant in. I donā€™t pre charge the coco like others do. Donā€™t see it as necessary since you will be adding it as you feed. I have tried it before and there was no benefit for me. Other than making things much harder to get started.

I keep the vermiculite in a can as well

@NewYep, I have never used soil my self. Only coco. It looks like @Nicky got you an answer though :grin:

4 Likes

@Mark0427
@Not2SureYet has a great method as well his way or my way both work.
Iā€™m just lazy and I have a local grow store that I like to support and my coco is 20$ a bag and 10$ for perlite. I agree buffed coco is not needed I just donā€™t like breaking off the bricks, we have to do it for th hermit crabs and while itā€™s 1/2 the price of a bag those bricks are soooooooo compressed I make a mess breaking them apart.
Unfortunately hermit crabs need the salt that is in the coco so I canā€™t use bagged coco, where as plants do not want the salt in the bricks so be sure to wash it out well in the tub like @Not2SureYet does.

2 Likes

Well what i bought was washed and buffered stuff so that part is good for now. I only keot 2 7 gal pots of cocoloco to try the rest is mixed up with ffof

3 Likes