New grower looking for assistance

I grow in those soils and fabric pots are imo the way to go! I can’t say on transplant yet mabee @Happilyretired can give advise on that

2 Likes

So I just started my gdp seed in a wet paper towel and when I go through seeding stage in a solo cup can I transplant straight to 5 gallon pot?

It all depends on how big a hurry you’re in as far as the size of the pot if you want to slow your plants down step your pot slowly… Start them in a half gallon or three-quarter gallon let them get good and healthy for three weeks or so then transplant them again it will take a little bit of time to fill that area with roots again so they slow down and so on. The alternative is take those little seedlings put them in 5 gallon pots and let them go. The roots and the vegetative growth will be equal all the way up and never slow down…Unless you get a mineral deficiency or a nutrient deficiency or a pH problem or bugs or a plethora of other crap that can try to D rail you.
All that being said in my long winded way, If they were my plants since you’re in soil I would fill your New 5 gallon pots when you get them with ocean forest press it down a little bit dig out the center put some frog in there and then put your plant in the center of the frog… If they aren’t big enough to start training in two weeks pull them and use that soil for your new plants that you’re germinating. In my experience the chances of a plant that has failed to thrive for a month will probably never grow to its potential.

3 Likes

My overall goal is when I work all the kinks out with my learning experience, I want to grow 2 plants at a time in my 2x4x5.

Sorry I come across like a dick. But I’ve always been direct and said what I thought. I’m going to tag you two guys over my journal it’s not real long so it’s a fairly easy read not too much chatter

5 Likes

Your good brother! I like people that say what they are thinking. It’s better to learn from people like that.

1 Like

It’s crazy brother I’m growing 2 plants and using the same soil I’m gonna tag you in my grow journal I hope you enjoy the ride. :sunglasses::v::+1:

3 Likes

Then you will know what to expect👍. Much appreciated and I will def love to follow your journals @Happilyretired @Dman1969

1 Like

My space is 5.5” from experience learn LST, Topping! among other things. When i had my space built i didn’t take into account 5 gallon bag is about a foot! My infinity fan and light close to 11” thats roughly 2’ of your 5’ before you consider the plant! In my 2x3x5.5’ i had to go from two plants to one i could LST to fill the Cabinet. Something to think about… set to watching

2 Likes

Btw I just grew Gdp it was awesome here’s a pic

3 Likes

Could you spell it out for me I don’t know that acronym GDP

1 Like

Grand Daddy Purple. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

Is that one plant? @Dman1969

1 Like

Yes it was 44” across and 32” tall. My third grow :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

That a very nice plant! What was your yield? @Dman1969

14 ozs dry :v::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

… Nice…

1 Like

I’m proud of that grow I hope this one does as well :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

6 Likes

That’s wicked good for one plant to me lol. I’ve been reading your journal and I’m from the sip also brother. :+1:

3 Likes

You make #4 that I know of we takin over as the great purp Says :joy::rofl: @PurpNGold74 :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes