New grower looking for assistance

Watering is my main concern. I can’t ever tell if I’m giving to much or not enough. I guess that’s where experience comes to play.

1 Like

Your plants tell you when there thirsty. I use the feast or famine growing technique so to speak. I water or feed Then I wait until the leaves just start to droop then I feed or water. It’s usually 3 or 4 days between water or feed in my Grows. But I have had a grow that I had to water/feed every 2 to 3 days. It can vary. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Just a daily update on the 30 day old seedlings😂. I think my problem was the ph. Watered with ph 6.4 yesterday and seeing some pick up growth on them. image

2 Likes

If the new growth is light green then you should be on the right track. And in my opinion you are. Keep on top of the ph and your ppms and your gonna be fine just remember this grow is a little stunted but it can come back and blow your mind and I hope it does! :crossed_fingers::pray: :v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I have a question for the ppm. How exactly do I test it?

You need ppm meter do you have one?

1 Like

Yes I just got it. But when I stick it in my distilled water with ph of 6.4 it stays at zero… am I doing something wrong. Do I have to calibrate when I first get it?

Distilled water will give you a false reading. I don’t understand all the reasons why. But someone will explain better than me. :v:

1 Like

What type of water do you suggest I use? @Dman1969

I’m sorry brother I’m thinking about ph meters. Distilled water is good. It won’t have a high ppm reading because it has been distilled. Check what your tap water reads but don’t use it unless you let the chlorine dissipate

Distilled water is evaporated water boil it take the steam cool it off it drips out pure all the solids stay in the pot or cauldron. Reverse osmosis does about the same thing but it uses filters and usually you throw 2 gallons away for every gallon you make with reverse osmosis. You are growing in soil I would not take too much weight and the PPM coming out of your plants. Checking your PPM going into your plants will help prevent you from burning them. PH is a whole Nother story, if you’re Growing in a pot you should check your pH going in and coming out and make sure that it stays in that 5.5 to 6.7 window depending on what you are growing in.But not every watering the only time I check PH coming out is if I start having a noticeable problem with the plant

5 Likes

@Happilyretired Thank you Brother your explanation is golden! I couldn’t find the right way to explain it!! You did to a tee. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

That’s real good info. Are they still to small for me to check a runoff? I haven’t had any run off since I planted them. That may be another problem if my pots aren’t draining.

Your pots must have drainage!! You will get root rot.

Is water suppose to come out the bottom every time you water?

Not necessarily in early growth but as @dbrn32 said your plant should be bigger. @Happilyretired has your back I’m still a little green behind the ears but your in the right place! :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I have full faith in all of y’all! I just trying to pick some brains from the experienced growers. I’m loving the grow life😎 and it’s definitely fun so far!

1 Like

I went down the rabbit hole on the whole ppm going in and coming out thing on my first indoor grow with soil…What a mistake you just can’t tell what ppm is coming out of your soil that is the nutrient you put in or just coming out of the soil so the numbers are everywhere. Checking the PPM coming out of your plant is used when you’re growing in a inert media such as Coco.
I wouldn’t worry about checking the PPM on them little pots I would go find the best Potting soil you can find and transplant those things. A good soil will already have all the ingredients in it for it to be the correct PH to start with. Those things been in the Soil for a month Give him the space to either spread their wings or die preferably spread their wings

3 Likes

I just got happy frog and ffof soil. So you think I need to go ahead and transplant to bigger pots? I have 5 gallon fabric pots on the way.

2 Likes

And that the attitude I like! You gotta risk it to get the biscuit😂 @Happilyretired

2 Likes