New at all this hoping for some help

I know when I waterd them the ppm was 85 before that it was 380 I was thinking to lower it since the plant was young I’m new at this and trying to learn but so many different ways and method so not sure what I’m doing lol but thanks for your help this is a great community :muscle:

You have nutes in both media’s u are using I would use them up first before I added . ppm in super soil can be misleading so I would wait a while and maybe have some cal mag on hand just in case I’ve seen my runoff as high as 3600 to start with so you might want too wait a little I’ve actually gotten slight nute burn from just soil

@Caligurl @sparky66 just an update here domes on for 2 days plants look better now going to run with no domes to see how plants reacts and see if they pick up speed looks like the have want to get the stronger before I put them under sp4000some of the first growth is turning yellow and main leaves are sagging due to over watering the 2 plants so no cups now to see if they dry up not all plants are that way just 2 and grow spider farm sf4000 everything looking good ??

3 Likes

They look fine! Like eagles soaring!

1 Like

Just an update looking ok I guess going to stop watering for a day or 2 too see if they grow faster not sure as I’m a new grower…

@fano_man hey buddy here is a pic of the girls when you start fertilizer how often ??

What media u using is that coco? If its coco u wanna start a lil earlier then good solid soil coco is inert and only contains what its buffered with and dosent sustain plants as long as soil “COULD” could is not optimal so when my plants are small…not that small like once I start seeing 5 finger leaves I start pushing nutes and start gradually raising levels from that point on… my feeds are different just about every watering because I like to push plants to there limit… but its dependent on alot of factors … you have good light and if your soil and climates in check you have good conditions to push plants … I dont suggest you push plants to limits on first grow and sometimes you find out a plants limits real quick your plant will tell you too much not enough if its jot telling you anything I like to ad more food until juuust the tips of leaves burn it’s called painting the nails

And at that stage over watering is very easy to do and can kill young plants easy by dampening off of the stalk from being to moist… that’s y the dome is your friend small plants have small roots and at this stage the grow lots of roots below and looks like there not doing much and then they take off put untill you have the roots to help process the liquid you wanna be giving moisture through transpiration with elevated humidity levels essentially the plant drinks through the leaves and less in the soil and allows the the roots to be dryer and still get moisture put the dome back on and slow watering and just mist the walls of the dime you will get faster growth

Hey man just looked at the plants they look yellow not sure what to do I just put the domes back on wtf

Looks like they are getting yellow put th cups back on not sure what’s going on here

To much water will yellow …ur plugs mite be saturated and they will stall… if there soaked below the surface your gonna have to dry them heat Matt’s help air flow helps once dry u want lightly moist it’s very tough for small plants to dry up soil in high humidity … you can try up potting to dry soil and it will diffuse the moisture much faster and put a single half of a water bottle over the stem but main action is to get that soil dry … and water through humidity till they get legs and take off you then can start watering lightly …

1 Like

Look hungry to me. I’m seeing different things in this thread though scrolling up. What medium are you in?

Just put them in 1 g pots soil was dry in starter pots put the cups as domes

Started with promix seed starter I have a pic at the beginning of the thread just transplanted into living soil blend Gaia green …

Hope they do better soon one died today so I decided to put into bigger pots

1 Like

Perfect!

1 Like

I hope so! They should appreciate the new digs.

I have a seedling journal going and treat them a little differently than the path you went down. I keep em pretty wet and don’t dome. I can tag you in if you want to take a look.

2 Likes

Same thing no water on soil just mist the inside of the cup ?

I noticed the soil was dry when I transplanted when the get a bit bigger that they are touching the cup after removing cup I should water till runoff ?? 20% or should I just wait till soil is complete dry man thanks for your help everyone has been helping me much love for y’all

Yes tag me so I learn different styles I think it’s great learning new styles thanks brother

1 Like

If the soil gets dry like really dry your gonna wanna dribble a ring around the edge of the conopy… never soak the pot till the leaves pass the rim of the bucket that works as good rule of thumb… just remember the plant has to be able to get oxygen to eat soaked roots can’t get oxygen and in turn can’t eat as well but untill your plants perk up and green up more I would just mist the domes

I just put a bit of water around canopy when transplanted so I’ll keep misting the dome I guess I have to be relax it’s so stressful :thinking: