LJ’s Journal of delicious canna babies

I think you’re right to worry, the side of the plant farther from the light isn’t getting much coverage - you can see the shadow she’s casting on herself from the light only hitting about half of her. Not saying you need to worry yourself to death about it, I’d just shove her closer to the wall/more directly under the light if changing positions or getting a bigger light in that spot isn’t feasible.

2 Likes

Thanks here’s the light on 100, and I turn her regularly, but even so I’ll be happier with a stronger one.

I’m learning about hybrid horticultural models that are used here for some crop industries, using sunlight plus artificial light. So I’m thinking of installing a light on the patio to try even more of an indoor/outdoor set up.

2 Likes

Im also using this umbrella to try to capture more light in the open room.

This thing is awesome.

3 Likes

I feel like these babies have slowed right down lately. I might have been careless with watering; this air pot seems to need watering twice as often as even a fabric pot. It also drains faster and I have to water slowly.

In other news, this complimentary GG has a new 3 gallon fabric pot.

that I have not yet taken a pic of but here she is living her best urban life.

I’m having a go at making my own trellis net for her. This is what all the commercial ones are, just crocheted hat elastic.

2 Likes

In my other garden, I’ve been feeding these cherry Roma tomatoes the Aptus nutrients and they are going off. I thought this was a short variety that wouldn’t need staking but I obviously got the seeds mixed up. The tallest is well over 7 ft :laughing:

2 Likes

Hell yeah they lookin good :+1:

Here’s a banana kush bud i just picked

2 Likes

Awesome looking buds. What age did you start training them?

Gorilla Glue in her new 3 gallon mc mansion. This is one of 3 I got free with the GDPs, but she does not look like hybrid does she? She looks very Indica to me, whereas the GDP I’ve currently got in flower looks like she has some sativa. So I’m wondering if either me or the seed guy got them mixed up.

1 Like

Thank you kindly Ma’am :pray:
Right at a month. These are my babies i just started training at a month old
3 purple kush auto in 1g pots and 3 do-si-dos auto in 5g pots

2 Likes

Your one plant sure looks like a indica variety. We have a few romas still on the vine, early freeze possible this weekend. Your romas are loving life.
How was the harvest, still :smiley:?

1 Like

Where did your learn your training skills?

1 Like

Mainly from brother Easy but i watched and learned from everyone really…

1 Like

Probably not! Every plant is different - I have a sativa right now with indica leaves but a sativa structure (alternating nodes, tall stretchy stretchy)

The best thing to remember is that since most cannabis genetics are real experimental, the traits we often associate with the pure genetics of yore aren’t going to be what hybrid strains exhibit. Sativa leaners may still manifest the traits of their indica parents or grandparents, just like a kid can have red hair even if mom and dad never did.

3 Likes

@anon1893985 so at around one month, and that looks like that classic training structure, topped at that age too? See my pics below of the GG I’m training. She’s about 5:5 weeks, extremely stocky and bushy. I want to try training her around in a spiral. She’s so cooperative she seems to like being trained :laughing:

@Mosca oh man, it’s a strong couch lock especially now that she’s been curing for a couple of weeks. Definitely NOT a day smoke, and I’m cursed with high tolerance. Also, the buds are totally dry but still holding that berry frangance. Bloody delicious, you want to hold it in your mouth lol

I’m amazed at this leafy little GG of 5 weeks. Forgive the blurple shots, but I really wanted some close ups of her structure. She developed a natural lean so I let her bend in that direction. My plan is to grow her around the edge of the pot. She’s already got heaps of regrowth.

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve been a bit disappointed by the size of these buds on the younger GDP, but she had a terrible accident at about 4 weeks in to flower, whereby I split her down the middle. This sent her into shock, although I bandaged her up and she did recover. I assume that would have disrupted her cycle. But now I’m noticing these buds are rock solid, just not great trichome production.

2 Likes

Oh wow she’s a beaut :heart_eyes: I top them at the 4th 5th 6th node but I let another node grow out before I topped the one below … i let them grow horizontally until I get them in the clear of the other limbs then I let them grow vertical from there

I hope this helps if not @MeEasy and @OGIncognito are the masters imho

3 Likes

Trying to give her more space between colas. She was a pretty good sport about the whole thing.

1 Like

Any prayer of getting some UV light in there for the last 2-4 weeks?

1 Like