LJ’s Journal of delicious canna babies

I’ve been snacking on air fried popcorn buds this morning and fm this is very nice weed. So much better tasting and more potent than my first two plants. Super alert couch lock. I can normally work after a small choof but I won’t be trying that on this. :blush:

This sums it up a bit:

And this is way superior to the rubbish I buy.

4 Likes

So sad, looks like LJ departed the area. Looks empty. Picture of cut plant looks lonely. We have cut sample at day 31. Just placed on top of light vice the air fryer for quick cure. Our first, About 56 days or so without smoking.

1 Like

I’m actually sad to see her go. I love these plants. I’m keeping the root ball for a bit to check it out properly.

You have A.D.D, Addicticted to Digging in Dirt.

Must be the strain, the banana kush smells so fruity when the door is opened. We likie very much.

Your GDP at 3 wks is frosting very nicely. Kitty has assumed the position. All appears to be well.

2 Likes

Hey how far along is your banana kush, mines fixing to start her 6th week of flower… share a pic please

2 Likes

Day 32 of flowering, was trying for trich shot today.

2 Likes

Weve done nothing special to any, straight coco with jacks nutes, no ph, no dli, no app, we dialed the light down, nutes down to just 321, no tenths, and the pot for pot came with super soil and water only. Lifting technique to water as needed.

No hair pulling, no worries, no issues, we have been on observation trying to soak up as much as we can.

ILGM is like having a insurance policy on your seed, if you need a house call, someone is on call 24/7/365 to help.

Your bananas look very promising. Very frosty compared to ours, but its our first and we :clap: proud.

2 Likes

If anyone is interested in the roots of the GDP that just finished. Looks a bit like coriander root (cilantro).

5 Likes

I wish they would ship to me. They won’t ship to Australia at the moment and I’m not sure why. Everyone else does.

1 Like

Oh my goodness :flushed: love your root ball :heart_eyes: congrats :muscle::100::wink::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

LJ, dont you use airpots? Was wondering with your massive rootball, if a person used probe to gage moisture content, where does one stick probe without damaging massive root system.

The airpot, ??? Do you, or have you thought of using probe horizontal, vice vertical, thru the holes on the side down lower. Was just wondering of benefits of airpots,

Here’s a great reliable guaranteed seed seed Bank thought I’d share my favorite place to buy great seeds at 3× cheaper than ilgm and they ship to you i checked… super great virility

2 Likes

A person shouldn’t rely on a probe to gage moisture content. They are unreliable at best in most cases. I would sooner save my rootball and rely on the weight of my pot. Just food for thought.

1 Like

If you’re like me, you just gotta see how things work inside :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes Ma’am i understand i only recommend proven methods. I had 2 seeds that didn’t germinate right 1 was a dud and 1 was a freak so they shipped me 2 more without question

1 Like

Hey yeah good question. This is just the immediate area surrounding the stem, the rest I threw away after saving some of the potting mix for the regular garden. So it was a lot bigger but this came out of the fabric pot, which is different to the air pot Im using on this current GDP. First time trying this type of pot. But to actually answer your question, as Graysin says, I don’t use those probes I check the soil constantly and shove my hand in to know when to water.

4 Likes

@anon1893985 thanks for thé seed bank rec. I probably won’t buy any for a while though. I wish I had more space to grow multiple plants at once :pensive:

I think this GDP girl is still stretching.

I find with the air pot, she wants water every second day because it dries out quite fast. I’ve lowered her nutrient dosage because I’ve noticed some mildly burnt leaf tips that I don’t like the look of.

2 Likes

Ms gg is starting to take off now. I want to get serious about training this one.

Also, I just learned that, what we call ‘topping’ is an old traditional pruning method called ‘coppicing’. I saw it on Gardening Australia.

3 Likes

Not burnt, heat stressed.

2 Likes

yeah of course, I’ve raised the light and turned it down. I might have been unconsciously keeping it too close because I’ve been worried about the light not being strong enough, and I just ordered a new one.

I grabbed what was a great deal on an sf2000, then I saw a sale on HLGs for not much more so I’m really pissed off at myself.

She’s spreading out so much I’m worried the 1000 isn’t enough. What do you think, @Graysin ?

2 Likes