LJ’s Journal of delicious canna babies

What is that?

GG plus a little bag seedling I thought I would have a shot at.

1 Like

This fan leaf has reached around and by herself. Even the new growth from the place she was topped is growing vigorously. She’s been getting full strength nutes plus a bloom boost that is supposed to be for flower only.

2 Likes

So how far past the edge of the pot before you let them grow up? At what intervals do you add new ties?

Ultraviolet light - particularly UVA or UVB. They are light spectrums that stress your plant, and trigger a defense mechanism that enhances trichome production. That’s sorta the cliff notes on it. HLG, and many others, sell fixtures that are just UV light.

1 Like

you want to make sure the lower limbs are outside the limbs above them . The main focus is to space them evenly so when they do go vertical they are all clear of one another and to make a somewhat even canopy

1 Like

GG at 41 days, a real trooper. She’s reached the other side of the pot now.

1 Like

Is that a black light? I can borrow one. Just thinking about that principle of stressing her to make her protect the reproductive cycle, I wonder what else might also do that. Tomato gardeners use electric toothbrushes to shake up plants that are slow to pollinate. Tomatoes are self pollinators, and indoors they don’t get all the natural stimuli, so the buzzing gives off bee vibes to the tomato flowers, triggering pollination.

I’ve gone back to fabric pots as I find they just seem to keep the medium perfect. I don’t use them in my regular garden unless I have no choice because for some reason, Australian natives prefer plastic or terracotta pots. But for these plants, I find the fabric pot still drains well but also holds moisture for longer. Also using a new perlite mix with added vermiculite to help retain moisture while aerating.

The fabric pot are also wider than normal, good for small space urban growers. With the air pot, I think too many nutrients are going down the drain.

GG 6 weeks today and must have some good genetics. Here’s her stem on November 10 and again on November 20.

1 Like

Similar but different. An old black light might do something, but I’m not sure how much. @dbrn32 ? Thoughts?

2 Likes

I don’t think most black lights actually put very much uv intensity. They do emit uv light, but they’re typically only 5-10% efficient.

2 Likes

Looking nice LJ :sunglasses: :peace_symbol: :heart:

1 Like

Thanks @Graysin @dbrn32 , this would just be for one plant. I’m in the rainbow community end of town so lots of people have party lights. Meanwhile I have a small blurple on her as well as the sf1000 just because, might as well…

My mars hydro 2000 has arrived and it’s bloody huge, and much heavier than I anticipated so now I’m waiting on a heavy duty bracket before I can install it.

GDP is growing, just very slowly…

4 Likes

GG day 45. I said upthread that she’s in a 3 gallon fabric pot but that’s a 7 gallon with the sides folded down. My stoney mistake.

She’s on a full strength nutes diet of Aptus:base;calmag and a boron and potash supplement. Watering her at about 6.3 and runoff is consistent at 5.8. Is it beneficial to water plain pHed water sometimes? The tent temp has been consistently 76/77. Humidity is around 55-60. She’s still 25 inches from the lights on 50%- 75%.

She’s still growing too fast for me to tie her down and some branches are now at the side of the pot. Please offer any training suggestions you have.

2 Likes

I’m finding it helpful to the training process to be able look at pics of her on the tv.

3 Likes

GDP Day 115. The trichome development is improving and she’s starting to aromatise the house finally. While the top buds are still small, the lower ones and popcorns are also pretty solid.

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

This crazy kid has some energy and strength.

Her main stem already looks robust at 6.5 weeks.

4 Likes

Never talked about stems and how robust they are.

Very cool posting a pic on tv for visual aid. Need to teach me that so i can stream football games from my phone.

Happy Turkey Day, hope yall celebrating with us, if not, Happy Pot Day, your ladies are looking amazing as always.

1 Like