Jackie Daytona's crazy clones grow

Honestly as it becomes more legal it gets less and less worth doing a bigger space, it’s fully legal here and 5 plants going solid + some outside in the summer is more then enough bud.
A tent or two in a spare room with a vent out the window is all anyone needs and that’s what I do.

My friends are currently paying 62$ Canadian so 49$ us per OZ. Bit over dried but definitely still nice potent stinky stuff, all the top strains that are popular and it’s all Machine trimmed.
Organized crime has houses and houses and houses fully converted into grow ops that are “legal, personal medical grows”
Systems broken but at least we can grow without any hassle from the law but the market is so flooded its annoying lol. Hard to get rid of the excess I don’t use. That’s another reason I’m working on concentrates, they store for a much longer time.

1 Like

I have 44 grams of bubble has I made in the freezer from one of my wedding cake autos… And so much trim and smaller nugs I dont know what to do with it from the last two grows. I was making cookies which were a big hit but I am burnt out honestly on that. but am thinking about getting a rosin press and diving into that.

Make bubble hash lol.

I have a rosin press. It’s a rabbit hole be aware. Lol $$$ and time…

1 Like

what part is expensive aside from the press itself? I mean I love the end result form the bubble has but it is tedious work for me. I would press the rosin from bubble however.

Once you get into rosin you realize you should omly be pressing rosin from bubble, pressing flower is amature hour basically.
It’s like smoking your stash before its cured, you omly do it at the start when your needy and a newb. It’s currently where I’m at but curing bubble hash as we speak and waiting for another harvest or two until I cna turn everything but main colas into bubble.

First you buy a press $$
Then yoil need a 27u bags for hash rosin and 90u bags for flower rosin.
Then you need rosin jars, pain in the @$$ to get the right ones but basically go to the only good supply of them which is the pres club. You want glass omly jars no silicone $, also 1ml and 3ml jars are ideal unless your doing big stuff like 5grams of rosin or more at a time then look for 5ml or bigger.
Don’t forget you need collection tools and your going to want to buy some terpenes as well $$$ this turns bad smelling rosin/weed into yummy stuff, because if the potency is there why waste it?
You’ll also want special paper which helps keep the terps, you cna use reynolds parchment and it’s cheap but it is a starter type thing I Geuss the other paper is worth it because it keeps your terps I have yet to experience this though.

Have you decided how your going to smoke your rosin?.are you turning it into vape cartilages? This will cost more as well.

Oh and you’ll need a pre press as well, not using a pre press is a newb move.

You’ll also want a set of nice magnets and a cooling tray.

Hmm maybe more but I’m still learning, that will get you started.oh I Geuss you’ll need bubble bags and a bubble machine because doing it by hand gets old fast.
Then you will need iso to clean everything and you will need pizza boxes (I ordered pizza and asked for extra boxes) then a microplaner to microplane your frozen bubble hash.
Oh a mixing spoon from the local you brew place…

1 Like

Yea. definitely going to need a washer. Hand washing cannabis in buckets is tedious. I havea huge amount of trim I am putting off making bubble out of because of this. But I need to get it done soon.

For sure. My wife keeps talking about a hair straightener. She just doesnt understand so It’s not her fault. I picked up a huge storage container with bags and bags of trim and buds in it for processing and said “how am I supposed to use a 1x2” inch iron for this". that and I watch
solventless bake and vape
on youtube and he’s super pro with bubble and rosin production and really explains what he’s doing. So i know you need good equipment.

Im a little burnt out right now honestly on everything. I got myself into a spot with this new grow and it really took off on me. I was going for less is more but it has turned into Jumanji in there again
. At first I was thinking it was going to be a sparce harvest but the tops bud sites are really Hulking out on me and have caught me off guard. in just 24hrs they have just exploded.

I have also been hitting them with recharge every day now and they just cant seem to get enough.

1 Like

Yeah the bubble machine will be what you need. If you have room buy a harbour freight press and get your own plates. Get one with a pressure gauge.

2 Likes

So my clones of the clones didn’t work out. I just couldn’t get any of them to root. Maybe bad clonex maybe environment. I tossed them quite a while back. I had 4 large clones growing in the 2x2’s and have decided to toss two a couple weeks ago and today got rid of the last two and will be starting from seed for the next grow.

That being said timing will be tricky. These arent growing like the last two grows and I have a feeling may take a long time. I don’t want to drop seeds to early and have issues. Better late than to early think. It will put a damper on the rotation.

I had to super crop several of the plants as they just went crazy and stretched. I really failed to manage my space on this grow and plan to keep my plants shorter like my first grow with tighter node spacing.

Rh is going to be an issue this time around and I will have to thin things out again.

These are hard lessons but sometimes you have to make your own mistakes.

3 Likes

25 days since flip.
4x8 looking kinda meh… and super crowded. not the best I have done for sure.

4x4 is extra unexciting and a total jungle. super stretchy and just not what I like. gotta ride it out though.

upping the part A again this time to 4.2 grams and they are getting recharge pretty regularly. Gave them a couple of days with no recharge but I have so going to use it.
No tip burn or anything so I dont think I am pushing them hard enough.
I’ve lowered the wattage a bit as they are super close to the lights which are pegged to the top of the tents. . I have super cropped several of them. Like I have said before, A tough lesson to learn and I should have known better.
@Hellraiser @Covertgrower @Breezy

4 Likes

They look awesome to me! I dont know what you’re talking about!!

3 Likes

thanks. They are just much much taller than I would have liked which I allowed to happen. And I am not keen on the node spacing. I really want to get back to the shorter plant. It just so much easier to deal with in the tent.

3 Likes

Looks great from here brother! But I get you on the tall plants, I’m a bit tired of tall plants as well after the Blue Dream and Zkittlez grow.

4 Likes

well day 29 or 30 of flower. no pics because I dunno.
It’s hard to tell from my last phtoos which make them look awesome but comparisons to my last grows are very telling especially when you are standing in front of them. some/ most of them just seemed stalled out.
anyway. some of the plants just arent fattening up like I am used to. they are throwing out pistils just fine but nothings coming in behind them much bud structure wise. The plants looks healthy enough and I am not seeing any deficiencies showing on leaves.

environment is same as it always was maybe even better this run.

This is last run at day 37 you can see and I can especially see these plants seem to be weeks behind last grow. Leaves this grow are much narrower and not as fat as well as bud structure.
Hopefully this week they really fatten up.
d2092e1b364973a07d660d6476c273000ad25936_2_690x345

3 Likes

Same strain as last run?

Yes. But these got kept in the clone tent for months and got Lankey

1 Like

little update. These surprised just as everyone said they would and started fattening up.
I had pumped up the part A to 4.5 and they took it like a champ for a few weeks. however I have scaled that back to the regular 3.6 this last watering as I am seeing a little stress from a few factors.
I have the lights turned down a bit and all the way to the top of the tents.

keeping in my vpd range for the most part. I am going to have to start tying the ones in the 4x4 up soon.
Next run. shorter and more manageable is my goal.
Probably going to cut out the recharge at this point also. They were getting it pretty heavy.

4x8

!

4x4

2 Likes

Well I know what this is and didnt catch it yesterday. Light Bleaching. I have it on several of my tallest colas. I just let them get to tall.
Also seeing some rounded tops and some turned down leaves. A few leaves with what appears to be magnesium Clearly light stress.

I’ve zip tied the lights to the very top giving me another 1/4 inch of space. which makes me uncomfortable with heat dissipation. I have also dialed the lights way down from 220-240 to 180.

Ive also bent over some of the colas in the tents to get them directly out from under the lights.
I know there is no saving the bleached part which really sucks.

What effect is this going to have on growth and yield for the rest of the plant i am wondering? Especially after having to turn the output way down,
Also should I trim off the bleached parts or let them stay?
The important thing is to stop the bleaching before it destroys more of the plant I know that.
@Hellraiser @Covertgrower

3 Likes

I have bent 6 or 7 branches over due to too much growth. I think I have the issue solved but my HID is still about 20 inches away on average…better than the <12 inches it was for a couple of them. I have very minor bleaching but interested in what hell and covert will say.

1 Like

some of mine are less than 10". these things just wouldn’t stop growing and I let this grow get away from me. Monetarily and Yield wise this will be a costly lesson.
Training, training, training on the next grow. As well as Figuring out how to get the exact number of tops I want so I am not overcrowded and have plenty of space.
I have come to hate growing in these tents and it is most likely due to no other fault than I am trying to go to big still and not managing my growth to space ratio.

2 Likes

On another AWESOME note my gallon of ph down came today. Cut open and completely wide open sitting on my porch. It must have been delivered to one of the neighbors and they brought it over after opening it and left it. I can only imagine what they are thinking opening a box with a jug labeled ACID. A quit google search would tell them it is for hydroponics and growing so thats f****** awesome.
This day just keeps getting better and better.