Jackie Daytona's crazy clones grow

Yeah monster cropped clones will be a bit more stretched out between the nodes, but they can fill in nicely.

6 Likes

Went ahead and bought some more WHite Widow seeds. Ill keep trying to germinate the clones in the mean time and see how these pan out. I have no idea how to time this as these are not growing normally. I would hate to drop seeds to early and have them stuck in the 2x2’s for to long. I need to go back and look at my germination times for grow #2 and look at the photos.

I have a feeling this may be a costly lesson. However seeing how I am still less than a year into growing, these types of lessons can be expected. TO be completely honest I have been slacking on my research and this is a direct result. I should have seen this coming months ago and altered course.

I completely fine with larger top colas and if they produce thats great. There wont be many mids at all as there are hardly any bud sites there. Every place I expected a mid site turned into a ,long branch. There will be no lower buds which was my goal so I am good with that.

I could be completely off base and will have a sea of fat tops and one again have stressed out for nothing. at this point who knows.
I did start this grow with a “less is more” attitude so hopefully it doesn’t turn into a “less is less” grow. :rofl:

2 Likes

getting pretty thick in here @ 14day from flip. I would like to clean it up to get air flow going.
Thoughts.
@Covertgrower @Hellraiser @Watt-Sun @Nicky

7 Likes

Rain forest looking canopy there

3 Likes

yea it started doing some stuff. LOTS of tiny sucker branches going down low i’d like to lose.

3 Likes

Anything slimmer than a ball point pen I trim.

2 Likes

same here., I have been waiting 2 weeks from flip to get a defoliation in. I dont think it should go much longer like this.

2 Likes

Canopy looks dense enough to lay on. (Not really though)

4 Likes

i got in the 4x8 and did a good defol. didnt take any from the top 8" left all those leaves. CLearing out all the tiny branches that were cluttering things up opened it up pretty good. Every time I finish defoliating the 4x8 i turn around and remember the 4x4. :laughing: The main branches and stalks fattened up pretty good. I think I may get something out of this after all. Starting over from seed on this next run. Clones just didn’t want to take and I want a lower canopy next time.

3 Likes

DAY 17 from flip
little update on the leggy gals. Getting some bud action. Not super happy with node spacing but to late to do anything about that. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Upped the Part A little past 4. just a touch of tip burn. very slight. Everything else the same. Recahrge liberally every other day with good runoff.

Ive dialed down two of the lights as they are very close to the tops as I had some runners.

Hitting that vpd zone pretty good and they are growing well and look healthy so far.

4 Likes

ILGM white widow seeds arrived. Several of them don’t look great. Small and lighter colored. Not great. Had an issue with some of the ILGM wedding cake Autos not germinating as well. Contacted CS and they asked if I could germinate more. I mean I’m not trying to grow more autos next run. I told them that and they told me I could take my time for whenever I want to grow more and let them know how it goes… uh…no offer of a refund.
Not trying to bash but this is probably it for me for now on these seeds.

1 Like

@Hellraiser @Covertgrower @Nicky 3 weeks from flip
got a slight problem going on. I have some runners that are extremely close to the lights. 6" and 10" on a couple tops.:

They arent showing stress(maybe a little) but I am concerned about bleaching and what not. I have the lights dialed back that are directly above them and they are pulled all the way up uncomfortably close to the top of the tent as far as they will go. Got a fan blowing on the lights to keep the air moving hopefully between the heatsink and tent ceiling.

Thinking I may have to bend them over a bit.anythoughts?

4 Likes

I agree either bend them down or super crop

3 Likes

supercoped the tallest in the 4x4 and supported the branch with string… well see how that goes. that tents is Jumanji.

Bent over and tied some in the 4x8. and managed a couple more clicks out of the ratchets.

these things really surprised me. They didn’t want to clone for shit but my conditions sucked this time around for clones or something. none of the rooted.

going to drop seeds this next time and keep the trained way down.

4x4 mess

4 Likes

Take the plants out
Loop the wires from the lights over themselves so they are half the length.
Zap strap/tie wrap those loops to the top of the tent. Basically your boards will be touching the edge of your tent roof.
Run this through flower.
Use a LUX to PPFD converter and ensure your not over 700 PPFD in late flower but earlier on you cna do 1k

2 Likes

They covered it, get lights as high as possible, bend over the tallest branches. Basically what I had to do with both the Blue Dream and Zkittlez grow as they would have been over 6 feet tall if not bent over.

3 Likes

you’re joking right about taking the plants out? my plants are in two nets. My boards have 4 ratchet pulleys going to each corner already and are maybe 1/2 inch from the roof top already. I just pulled them over and super cropped a couple. the biggest one I just bent the stem over and tied it down this morning. Its already bending back up to the light so guess I didnt hurt it. lol

I appreciate all the input.

3 Likes

thanks for the input everyone. very appreciated.

these are starting to fill out. Beginning to think I shouldn’t have tossed some of the others. always learning!

2 Likes

Ahh didn’t recall. The netting details

1 Like

its all good friend. I appreciate your generous sharing of knowledge.

Still dreaming of the day I can have a grow “room”. No worries about headroom. proper drainage. wall mounted oscillating fans. Hvac in the actual grow room. Not having to worry about amperage draw.

1 Like