Its that time again

so0 is this wet curing?

MR PEAT:
@Mikedin
@plumbdand
@Borderryan22
@beachglass
@OldSkunk
I tagged you all in the hopes that some of you had been in my position previously and for others that one day will be.
Thanks.

She is dry.I took your advice and gave the lady a squeeze instead of trying to snap crap and it seemed to me to be as you had described so I took a single limb/branch and trimmed two small buds and jammed them in a half pint with 2 hygrometers and after 10 minutes both said 56%, so I over shot this by queuing on branches ,but the save was just in time. This morning was the same after trimming the rest of the plant pints from lower (Smaller diameter)branches are at 54% and the larger stuff was @56%. WHICH LEADS ME TO BELIEVE PERHAPS THAT THE BRANCHES ARE ACTING LIKE A WICK IN THAT THEY DRY FASTER NOT ONLY DUE TO REDUCED mass but also in not having a larger diameter its entire tissue surface area is evaporative and has less interior tissue.
Either way since we are already at a steady 54-56% and it seems not to change in 8 hrs,is it safe to conclude the time for Curing has arrived and I should immediately begin rehydration/cure in my larger storage containers and forego burping.
Larger containers are going to store @62 % RH smaller 58% for smokability and burn.
1)So given that ,is it still necessary to nuke the poor thing for sampling purposes?
2) To burp or not to burp? That is the question.

2 Likes

@jorkvilleyoe If itā€™s dry, then you can try sampling her. I have done it where itā€™s that dry and it worked like a champ. Nuking is to make sure is fully decarb and this mean you get high

As for burping. I would still do it but not overly long.

The last plant I grew was so wet in the buds, I used a fan on it. I was at a steady 58%. I still burped but I only did it for one week. Then fired her up. She packs a punch.

1 Like

ty,it was as i expected ,I just need reassurances from people whoā€™ve been there done that,ty and ty allā€¦each and every one who ever chimed in on one of my million posts with my entire newby encyclopedia of stupid questions and feeble ideas. Not a huge harvest but I am grateful she survived my wrath,at every turn its as if Iā€™m boarding a plane or riding a bicycleā€¦97 grams .
On the lower end of the spectrum but Iā€™m not bitching,the next 5 are gonna dwarf that,especially that beast outdoors, # 2-12 that main cola is a solid 10"-12"long and 2.5"-3" round with 3 weeks to go. Just tasted,smooth going in,earthy and later sharp,spicy exhale,BUTTTTā€¦ only dry ,not cured yet so is that to be expected?
Or did I grow a newspaper?

1 Like

I store the same way sorta @jorkvilleyoe. 58% largeā€¦62% small. Thatā€™s just what I bought years ago. Still using the same 10 pack of large bovedas from 2017. I live in a humid area so 58% works good. I burp everything for about a month. Once a day works for me. I let them sit for 5-10 minutes until the hay smell comes back then I put them away. I stop burping when it smells right to me. My son does twice a day. He wants it to stank.

You donā€™t have to nuke it anymore lol. You can break up a bud, and if it seems a little too moist, let it sit for a couple of minutes. I snip a bud on day 5 of drying specifically to see how it breaks up. And if you overdried, you can put a fresh leaf in the jars.

Actually, this bowl Iā€™m hitting now is a day 5 test bud. Not quiiite ready. Tomorrow night Iā€™ll snip the buds from the stems, then all big dry fan leaves and some other snipping. After doing that, Iā€™ll put the buds in a small box and let them sweat for 2 days. Then into Grove Bags.

I do a 5-7 day hang dry, then loose trim and into a sweat box for 2 more days. I use a baby wipe box for sweating.

1 Like

@MrPeat
@beachglass
@OldSkunk
well 2-8 being super close to harvest is suddenly lengthening it colas and most of them are pointed with newly formed calyxes and thereā€™s not much fattening going on with 2-8 ,meanwhile 2-6 and 2-7 are just fattening here in late flower.
2-7 and 2-8 are a little ahead of 2-6 by likely 3 days or more.2-7,2-8 have around 60% colored pistols and v2-6 may be at just 10-12% .
all three as you know are white widow autos and 2-6 is in happy frog and a 3 gallon pot,while 2-7 is in ocean forest and 5 gallon pot,2-8 is in happy frog and a 5 gallon pot.
2-6 is still receiving fox farm trio 70 % - 6.3PH/ec 1.74 while the others have been receiving just H20@ 6.3 ph as amber is forming.
Depending on trichome assessment tomorrow on 2-7,2-8 they may have received their last watering unless you suggest another (better)course of action.
Is the sudden growth of 2-7 typical in some cases?
Last runoff check on 6/8/22 had as follows:
2-6=6.9/1.25
2-7=6.9/1.28
2-8=6.9/3.50
Since then it has been 5.8-6.2/1.5-1.8 every other day.
So close to harvest I didnā€™t want to do too many more run off as i didnt want to load them up lengthening drying time.
Is my logic flawed and if so please share your opinions

lol cricketsā€¦

1 Like

I used to just stop watering in soil after 3 or 4 good drenches with dry out periods in between. I didnā€™t use large smart potsā€¦only 5 gallons so the plant dried the soil out in a couple of daysā€¦so 8-10 days of flushing. Iā€™m doing that right now in hydroā€¦water only for 7-10 days minimum @jorkvilleyoe

1 Like

I am also in 5 gallon pots indoors,i do have one 3 gallon in there now but after seeing the difference in size potential no longer will i use 3 gallons unless i try a scrog when i hone my lst skills to a level of intermediate competency.
Right now I would characterize my skills by saying, ā€œin the land of the blind one eye is king.ā€

1 Like

Live and learn on the pot size. 3 gallon only if space is limited.

1 Like

Thats exactly what the first grow was for I had 1-3gal. and 1-5 gal. each ffof and ffhf for a total of 4.the of seemed to go the distance even though i got into a little problem with excess nitrogen by providing the same nutrients hf was getting. But even now in late flower on day 97 the 5 gallon of is still quite green with almost no yellowing leaves compared to the 5gal. hf and remaining 3 gal. hf.

Thats exactly what the first grow was for I had 1-3gal. and 1-5 gal. each ffof and ffhf for a total of 4.the of seemed to go the distance even though i got into a little problem with excess nitrogen by providing the same nutrients hf was getting. But even now in late flower on day 97 the 5 gallon of is still quite green with almost no yellowing leaves compared to the 5gal. hf and remaining 3 gal. hf. and her buds are visibly fatter.
But the indoor inmates are nothing compared to whats going on outside on the deck. jeez. that was Lightning warrior seedling soil transplanted into bruce bugbeeā€™s first soil recipe he had and 20-10-20 every 2nd or 3rd watering. but theyā€™ve been in flower longer than iā€™ve been giving the P and the K but @ day75 theyā€™re smoking the indoor sissies.

1 Like

@MrPeat
@plumbdand
@Borderryan22
@Mikedin
@OldSkunk
@beachglass
well updated pics of trichomes and hopefully someone agrees that #2-8 will be 1-3 days more,It would be an indication I am catching on,#2-8 as follows:

Uploading: IMG_0892.jpgā€¦

Uploading: IMG_0895.jpgā€¦

Uploading: IMG_0909.jpgā€¦
Uploading: IMG_0910.jpgā€¦
Uploading: IMG_0911.jpgā€¦

I think I see both amber and some clear but what do you say?

And of course separately 2-7 is a few days behind that.
Here are her glamour shots:
Uploading: IMG_0914.jpgā€¦

I see some clear with cloudy there in 2-7.What say youā€¦?

2 Likes

I say it sounds like you got a nice plan! 2-8 could some night night juice! Looks good!

1 Like

She looks right on par with mine, Iā€™m struggling to make a decision to chop or not haha, I see amber but not 100% sure itā€™s buds only, Iā€™ve gone around the plant a few times checking and Iā€™m fairly sure itā€™s chop time, of course itā€™s 84 out today and coolest I can get the dry tent is about 78f lol RH is right in point at 60% steady Iā€™ve the past 4 days with mini dehumidifier on low, after today temp is supposed to got to upper 70ā€™s which should help my dry tent temp a bit

1 Like

I rarely look at trichomes as the top finishes so much faster than the rest of the plant. I donā€™t actually like any amber so for me, itā€™s been well past the due date.

So you may not like mine as I would have pulled them a couple weeks ago.

1 Like

Im not a big fan of sedative but definitely have a use for it.A couple of weeks ago there was still a substantial % of clear trichomes including my last post that had trichome pics,post #31 on June 19th.
But point well taken,I trust youā€™re talking about the first plant 2-8.
What are your thoughts on 2-7?
?Do you typically harvest when you trics are mostly cloudy and a bit of clear?

I have no rhyme or reason when pulling a plant. I let it tell me if itā€™s time. I generally go by smoking the small popcorn nugs at the bottom. If I get what I like, she is done.

Out of all my photos I have posted, you will only see a handful with trichome photos. I am just intube with my plants. Been that way all my life.

2 Likes

i hope i have enough life left to get 1/2 way there.

1 Like