Its that time again

i hope i have enough life left to get 1/2 way there.
tomorrow before the lights go on ,chopparoo on 2-8,they only get a 2 hour break but maybe tomorrow i give them 6 hours.

@MrPeat
@beachglass
@OldSkunk
I just checked the two that were chopped and gave the buds a good squeeze(gently) and 2-7 buds are very much like cotton balls ,not very firm at all., while 2-6 still in flower and in the hotbox nugs feel very firm and 2-8 also swinging in the gallows(drying) is somewhere in between.
Is this normal or is captain cotton balls in trouble with mold on the inner tissues somehow?Anyone? Should I snip one in half and look?
I googled it and not much was there,nothing of value anyhow.

Fan…but you have to watch so you don’t over dry.

When I think they are done, I put in a mason jar with a hygrometer and see if the RH is stable between 58 to 62%.

If stable…time to start burping.

1 Like

Upon further investigation,no I didn’t cut a bud but squeezed a few more from all the plants and 2-7 does indeed have a few fluffy buds on a few branches but most are reasonably solid,even 2-8 has a few soft ones.
I have concluded that while they all received the same basic feeding schedule that the “soft” condition is likely the result of the individual bud sites not receiving the same amount of light and differing levels of defoliation to improve air circulation, also them not receiving the proper care and inadvertently stressing them with over feeding likely played a role in preventing optimal bud development.
All this means is I will need to do better and less fiddling around and utilize more deliberate measures on this next group of survivors.
My attention to detail can be a weakness in certain circumstances.
I know a few people that can’t put toilet paper on a spindle but can grow the hell out of a garden…
go figure.

Top gets the most light and the rest does not. Selective harvest Is the way to go if you need that much weed. You won’t waste any of the bud sites. I did this one time because I am low.

Once top is done, harvest. Mature the middle and harvest. Then mature the bottom and harvest. Its going to take even longer but you will get the most yield. :+1:

1 Like

@MrPeat
@Borderryan22
@beachglass
@plumbdand
@Mikedin
@OldSkunk
So this now is one of the outdoor ladies and I’m seeing amber but how much clear are you seeing?
Is it chop time?
Almost all the hairs are still white.

1 Like

Well, I see none at the moment. Where da pics??? :rofl:

@MrPeat
@Borderryan22
@beachglass
@plumbdand
@Mikedin
@OldSkunk
So this now is one of the outdoor ladies and I’m seeing amber but how much clear are you seeing?
Is it chop time?
Almost all the hairs are still white.
0CF5FD1E-FABB-4258-BEB4-0FBB1571823D

IMG_0973

IMG_0971

IMG_0972

1 Like

I would say you’re in the window. Got a whole plant pic and couple bud shots?

1 Like

give me a few moments and I’ll get some recent ones.

1 Like

Here they are. Finally.

1 Like

and more.

1 Like

@MrPeat
@Borderryan22
@beachglass
@plumbdand
@Mikedin
@OldSkunk

What percentage would i be looking for if i took some individual buds from what is drying and put them into a half pint jar with a hygrometer for two hours to check moisture content?

I have a cheapie moisture meter to check moisture but don’t know what reading would indicate proper moisture levels.

Any ideas?

You want a consistent 58-62% for curing. I don’t use jars, I use Grove Bags. You have to burp jars a couple of times a day for however long. Grove Bags basically do that themselves. But if you have a wood moisture meter, then you can stick the prongs deep in the buds. With a wood moisture meter, you want 10-12% moisture content.

2 Likes

If you use the hygrometers in the jars, then you have to kind of wait a little bit to see where it holds at. But with the moisture meter, you know when to jar. Takes some work out of the process.

2 Likes

anyone else care to express their opinion?

11-12% with the moisture meter before putting it in a jar with a hydrometer. Wait
a couple of hours you watn 62#

2 Likes

dcJinHQTGlcabfzTbV

1 Like

I have a few that climbed up to 64% but the brevada packs and burping should take care of that…
I think…

Can you post pictures of buds from about a foot away. I think you still have some time yet

1 Like