Its that time again

Well we are sneaking up on showtime again and with the larger containers and a higher incidence of having buds at varying heights with these next two girls #2-7 and #2-8 it will likely be a staged harvest.
That being said I have some more Trichome pics of trichomes from various buds both high and low on those two plants and would love for those more knowledgeable than I (everyone) to chime in.
I’m shooting for a compromise between heady/racey/energetic and body with no beddy bye if it can be helped.
I suppose I could wait for 10-15% amber on top,chop the whole plant knowing that racey will be on the lower bud sites as long as I don’t miss out on too much bulking up in late flower.
So given that what are other people’s thoughts?
#2-8:

#2-7:

I think I am seeing clear/cloudy and a little bit of very light amber in #2-8 and mostly cloudy with clear on #2-7

4 Likes

How about a pic of full plant?
I would probably try to get less blurry shots. Take a 30 sec video and then capture a few still shots from video.
nrK4xuZ4PzUl2EcdAY

3 Likes

They’re both really close. I’d start cleaning my clippers!!!

5 Likes

(6-12) two on the right where there are 4 plants and front and right rear( where there are 3.)

3 Likes

@Borderryan22
@beachglass
@Tylersays
@OldSkunk
@Dexterado
@dbrn32
updated trichome pics,better ones too.
#2-7
IMG_0716
IMG_0718
IMG_0720
IMG_0719
IMG_0717
IMG_0723
IMG_0722
IMG_0721
IMG_0724

And # 2-8
IMG_0725
IMG_0728
IMG_0726
IMG_0729
IMG_0727
IMG_0732
IMG_0733
IMG_0729
IMG_0731
IMG_0730
IMG_0734
IMG_0737
IMG_0738
IMG_0735
IMG_0736
IMG_0757
IMG_0754
IMG_0739
IMG_0755
IMG_0740
IMG_0758

So what do you say?

3 Likes

I say… Patience grasshopper. I think if you chopped within the next couple days you’d have a racy, paranoid high. Few more days, possibly a week or so given the white hairs in the last pics. They look to still be maturing some and not foxtails (that’s a good thing). Most of the cloudy trichs look to still be developing. They’ll look like little pearls and not as shiny. Looking great!

2 Likes

I will not be providing any more nutrients to #2-7 and #2-8 going forward they may not get anything at all,for a light pot makes for a quick dry

You got a little ways to go theres still to many clear and almost no amber trichomes. Still got white pistils and the brown ones haven’t receded much. Id give 2 weeks minimum. A couple amber here and there but not even 1% are amber. Have patients you should never be in a hurry to harvest.

3 Likes

Not ready @jorkvilleyoe. Too many clear trichomes from what I see. The pictures are a little blurry, but I can still see clear. Depends on the strain, but I usually chop at the first sign of amber or 30% amber depending on wether I want it to knock you out or all day pain relief. 30% amber on the strains I grow will get you real high then you fall asleep. Even my chronic son can’t smoke some of those strains during the day if he wants to function.

2 Likes

@Borderryan22 yes i understand ty for taking the time and making the effort.

@plumbdand No hurry,just starting straight water feedings from here on out,I’d like to see more fattening going on.

@OldSkunk White widow autos-all day pain relief and as energetic as an indica can be would be fine with me.I already have one hanging that was a bit further along for comparison purposes.

3 Likes

The waiting game is a struggle! But it’s worth it! Just don’t go tooooo long or you’ll be stuck in the couch and your hand stuck in a Pringles sleeve. :rofl:

3 Likes

It is a white widow auto which is an indica dominant hybrid so a tiny bit early(never gonna be what a sativa dominant hybrid is.)isn’t devastating …
But you’re 100% correct, it is too early and I see it as you gentlemen do and ty for your time and effort.
As for pringles,those things don’t even get looked at much less purchased.
Make no mistake I like them but I’m too old to head back to a diet that includes junk.

2 Likes

I feel you. I have youngsters so we have a shelf with snacks and sometimes a few too many joint rips turns me to a fridge raider.

2 Likes

I’m fortunate in that respect,my eldest son married and is a rr exec…,second eldest,a son,married and is US Army Special Forces and my daughter lives w/me and wouldn’t look at pringles however we both have an affinity for good pretzels of which there are few.

3 Likes

My home is never void of pretzels be it soft pretzels, pretzel rods /sourdough or others :grin:

2 Likes

I prefer the rods but few have enough salt on them.
Most often its all laying in the bottom of the bag.

1 Like

Yes that is the struggle all of us pretzel lovers have… if only these manufacturers could figure out how the hell to get the damn salt to stick!!! :grin:

1 Like

the best pretzel i ever had happened to be the same place i had the best frankfurter.
Frankfurt ,Germany.
Now the second best frankfurter i ever had was from Chenoa,Illinois at a facility utilized by the farmer I get all my beef from. They will take your lessor cuts and send them god only knows where and back they come as tasty as can be.
Making the minimum order of 25 lbs is never a problem during grilling season and smoke those babies…OMG

1 Like

Haha I hear ya I live in farm/cattle/wine country, I’m surrounded by vineyards, And apple, peach, fruit of all kinds in fact the wife and I went down to the beach with the kids (Great lakes) and there is a small town of beach stores and there was a few vineyards doing wine tastings being Friday and all, and they didn’t have a car show this week so of course the wife got handed the keys to the car and I did some… wine tasting :face_with_spiral_eyes: well the wife ended up with 4 new bottles of local wine … and I woke up with a headache and about 4 bags of random candy and a few antique fishing reels haha

I have local cattle farmers that sell their own cows/beef and pigs and chicken, eggs, milk etc freshest you can buy, slaughtered in the back and sold in the front :grin: they’ll let you pick your own cow if ya want lol pretty much buy almost nothing but spices from grocery stores anymore if we can help it, grow our own vegetables etc

3 Likes

Very nice,I’m going to guess Michigan,vineyards,beach being a driver.I used to head up to Glen harbor area and fish my brains out than the wine tasting…Five star farms.And buy several cases…

1 Like