Hydro nutrient difference with multiplePlants

The main reason I may want to wait though, is when I switch to a new system from the AeroGarden, the current good light is a part of the AeroGarden so I would want something big enough to fill it’s space and some, where right now it I put new lights in, they would have to be small ones to just fill in each side of the AeroGarden

So quick question is this male genitalia?!?!

I’m only seeing new growth. No sex yet either direction.

1 Like

I was gonna trim it off some it is undergrowth and won’t get much light, but I wasn’t sure if those were showing signs of being sacks.

Thanks! What a relief

1 Like

The rest of the plant looks female but I wasn’t sure if I was getting any herm

1 Like

No worries. It’s sorta obvious but also sorta not when you’re just starting out because a swollen bract looks a whole lot like a ballsack.

Obvious male plant:

Less obvious male bits on a herm plant - if you look closely at the node where it joins the stem near my finger in the photo, you can see where the rounded balls started to develop.

I actually still have that plant sitting out in my garage, maybe I can snap a shot of more developed pollen sacks when I get home.

1 Like

I smell what you’re stepping in. Thanks for the visuals!

1 Like

If growing bag seed was good for nothing else, it’s given me excellent examples of what to watch for. :laughing:

2 Likes

Na that’s female.

2 Likes

So I bought a new light, it’ll be here Saturday.

I looked into a bit what you were showing graysin, but it was a bit overwhelming and with work I don’t have a ton of spare time. So I went with a more plug and play option.

BESTVA Dimmable Pro2000 LED

BESTVA Dimmable Pro2000 LED Grow Light Built in Samsung LM301H Diodes and MeanWell Driver Full Spectrum Grow Lamp for 4x4ft Coverage Greenhouse Hydroponic Indoor Plants Veg and Flower https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08PD6SMDD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_6SCDNK7HD79ZKE6HG0AE?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Reviews seemed good, it has IR, and the lights for veg and flower. Covers 4x4 which hopefully are enough for my little 2x4 tent.

Maybe if I progress in this hobby, I’ll get a bigger tent and go for the DIY lights.

And the dimensions of it will fit the extra space I have now so I can use it on my current grow too, then switch to only it on my next grow.

Hope it works well and will get me decent results.

1 Like

Starting to see some trichs, but should I be concerned that the pistils are turning brown? It’s just that one bud that has brown on them. And it’s not even the closest to the light. Probably 5” from it. Others are closer with no issues.

I’m trying to hold off on raising it because I only have 5” more til I’m at the top.

2 Likes

It’s a 210 watt actual power draw, so it’ll work. You might find yourself using every light you’ve got to have more than you need, as opposed to not enough.

Yeah, I feel that. I’ve had the parts to assemble my lights since Monday and just barely got one of two assembled tonight. Time is not my friend.

Nah, I think they’ll mature at different rates, I wouldn’t stress out about it at all. They’re all looking good. Ready to start stacking buds for real in the next few days.

1 Like

Awesome! Good to know! Thanks.

I saw your post in your light build, it looks legit and fun though. and sounds like I could have had gotten way more bang for my buck. So I’m def gonna check that out if I upgrade my tent to a bigger one.

1 Like

Yeah absolutely. If you asked me back in July if I was gonna build my own light before the year was over I would have said no freaking way. I started trying to find cheap but easy and realized quickly how that ends up being more expensive in the long run. I like learning new things so the light build seemed like the perfect way to get something useful for less and get a good life skill along the way.

If you end up wanting to build one, holler. I’m happy to help. :v:

1 Like

With 448 leds it more of a 2x4 light not a 4x4 so you should be good there.

1 Like

Looks like some nitro toxicity and calmag deficiency all at once.

Adjusted the nutes a bit with less grow nutes, more calmag and more flower nutes.

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t turn my light off, I should really make it more easy to do so at some point.

Trichs are coming along too

2 Likes

Got my mew light today and plugged it in.

Wow such bright, much eye burning.

Removed the blurple lights.

Rigged up my old main light so I could get some light to all of the canopy.

Here’s a pic of the small buds that only had the blurple light for reference so I can see how much it grows after I changed the light.

3 Likes

Wow that monster will love the light and really become a bush problem 4 u

1 Like