Hydro nutrient difference with multiplePlants

I think they’re ready to harvest!

Haha just playing, but they are full on flower mode.

3 Likes

I hoped so :rofl: although don’t let the pistils fool you, always watch the trichomes. :v:

Lookin great

I was thinking nitrate burn and potassium deficiency, but looking over some charts I found on here I am not sure.
What do you think?

It has the yellow tips and though it’s not pictured here, it ends up turning brown and has brown spots starting from the edges in.

But the part that has me confused it the purple stems.

1 Like

Tips like that look more like nute burn. Dial back on the nutes some. They’ll be fine.

No need to be concerned about stem color.
:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

Purple stems don’t actually mean anything. It’s a weird “symptom” because at least two of my strains naturally have red-to-purple stems once the fan leaves are fully matured. I actually look for that color as an indicator that my fan leaf is ready for pruning cuz they pop off way easier when they’re that rich colorful red/purple. I’m also a monster and don’t leave any fan leaves on when my plants transition so don’t follow my lead on that one :sweat_smile:

Tips crisping just a little bit is a good sign IMO. It means you’re pushing exactly the threshold amount of nutrients into the plant. People call it “painted nails” and it sorta makes sense. If it bugs you visually, I’d do exactly what @HappyHydroGrower suggests and drop the nutes just a smidge.

1 Like

It’s getting closer to that time and I read a lot, but I wanted to get my harvest plan started and am hoping for input :slight_smile:

I have a moisture meter
Hemp twine
File clips
A room that stays about 40-50% rH
Some large jars
And some really small 2oz jars.
And all of the pruners
And a box of nitrile gloves.
12 pack of small hygrometers

Start:
A week before I plan to harvest, get. Low hanging bud and hang it up, test the moisture periodically and try for a week to get to (I forget the % :frowning: )

24-48 hours of dark (do I keep the bubbler and water circulating?)

Trim the buds off at the stock

Hang the buds for a week to get to said moisture %

Trim the buds from the stocks (if I’m only gonna trim what I suspect to be 2oz total finished product, so I really need a trim bin?)

Place the bud in large jars and burp them 1-2 times a day to keep the RH around 50% (I guess so this until it is stable)

Then at what point is it best to smoke?

Funny thing, I don’t actually smoke or consume cannabis, I’m doing this as a learning experience and my wife and friends are big into it. So I plan on using the small 2oz jars to put 2-3 grams of finished product in each and give them to my friends as a Christmas gift.

Then take the trimmings and make canna coconut oil, or vape juice.

1 Like

11% :wink:

Yes keep water and oxygen going.

Insert “bud wash” between cutting and hanging. If you have pets, believe me when I tell you there’s pet hair on your buds whether they go in the room with the plants or not.

I have no advice here. I went straight for Grove Bags. @Mr_Wormwood how do you jar?

1 Like

Oh yeah, bud wash!

1 Like

I did the burp a couple times a day thing for a week and once a day after that unless I needed a sniff of sunshine in which case it got burped whenever I needed a mood boost

2 Likes

My stuff I kept between 58% and 63% I think

1 Like

Here’s a picture of the browning I am seeing.

Hoping calmag and upping bloom nutes fixes.

Also should I be concerned about the taco’ing leaves?

2 Likes

Maybe the taco is due to the new lights since they are so strong.

I raised the lights 4” which is as high as I can get them.

I may need to dim it a bit too o_0

2 Likes

Plants are looking great! Taco leaves could be a fan blowing too hard on them or could be just the way the plant grows. I don’t see much of anything to worry about. They look like they are straightening out as they get older.

The damage leaves that you have pictured looks more like some kind of damage to the leaf itself. Maybe water got on there at some point. That kind of damage is not uncommon at all. I damage leaves all the time during training and they can look similar to that.
As long as you don’t continue to see too many new spots, you should be ok. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll keep an eye out and hope for the best. I think I’m in the home stretch so hope nothing bombs last minute.

I bought this microscope to try and look at trichs. It may work if I had steady hands or a solid table to place the microscope on. But to get in on your plants and get the pics was hard and I couldn’t get a clear picture.

Example pics.

I’ll try a to get better or find a better use for it other than trichs

2 Likes

Someone said a microphone stand works well for those.

I’ll always advocate for a nice macro lens clip on for a cellphone.

1 Like

It came with a stand, but there’s no way to put it in the tent. Maybe a full size stand with a boom.

I’m probably gonna send it back and get the lens for my phone. I just saw this on sale and figured for under $30 it was worth a try.

1 Like

Highly suggest:
APEXEL Professional 12X/24X Advanced Macro Lens
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IMV2QL4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_WxkgIX4TpcikF

It’s cheap and effective.

Probably no hurry on the microscope. Looks like you still have about 5-7 weeks to go if not longer. Patience !! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Used my trimmings that I have been saving and Mae some coconut oil :wink:

About 6 ounces, just enough for one batch of prethanksgiving sugar cookies.