Hydro nutrient difference with multiplePlants

Starting PPM number doesn’t matter, "400-700 for me ". Then test daily to see if it rises or dropped. If PPM goes up “Means plants are taking more nutrients than water”, increase PPM/nutrients. If PPM drops means Plants taking up more water than nutrients, lower PPM.
When you find the sweet-spot “It will change” your PH will stay where you put it too.
I run 3 4x4 plants “That just 1 plant” off a 17 gal res with no PH swings

3 Likes

More water for these plants…

2 Likes

Outstanding there brother @Member420
Haven’t seen you around lately. Hope all is good in your neck of the woods! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks, that’s very kind for asking. Everything is good. Liking your grow, I’ll be reading it.

1 Like

Just double checking here, but is that backwards? Maybe I’m not wrapping my head around it correctly.

2 Likes

Water high 7.0+ PH
Nutes around 4.0+ PH
So if it’s hot in tent and plants are drinking a lot PH will be going down.
And if plants are hungry, pulling nutes out PH will go up.
Only been changing res about every three week now just making about 3x nute mix in a 3 gal of water adding that to res and 8± gals of water to find where i want my PPM whenever the water level is low.
I live where if I had a root clog in my return line and it overflowed 30-60 gals it would be very bad. That’s why I keep res so small.
Other the lollypoping and some trim bi-weekly I don’t really get involved in the grow so making nutes every few days is happy time.

2 Likes

Gotcha, I get what you’re saying now. I kinda do that now on using the PH levels to find out what the plants have beet taking in and figure out what I need to add back to my res.

1 Like

I looked around and didn’t see much useful info so I figured I’d ask here.

The fan leaf trimmings, is there any THC in them? Do I save them and use them for canna oil or just toss them?

1 Like

I think I found my answer. There’re small amounts of THC in the trimmed fan leaves during veg. I could save them and add to my trimmings at the end, or smoke a lot of them if I was hard up, but best off to save until the end. If the leaves have yellowed then there is virtually no THC and would be better as compost.

All parts of the MJ plant can benefit you. We have used the fan leaves to make smoothies. My wife swears it has helped her arthritis in her knees.

1 cup of tightly packed leaves
1/2 cup of Protein mix
1/2 cup of fruit
1/2 cup of milk, water, or orange juice
1/2 cup of ice
Blend and drink

It’s really good for you and taste good!
:+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s been a few days update.

I drained and added new water. Went with the preflower mixtures of my nutes. Added Si and calmag. PPM of my new mixture was about 580, so I left it be.

Seems pretty balanced, they’re drinking about 1/2 gallon a day and the PH hasn’t needed adjustment in 3 days and PPM has stayed steady at 580. I just top off my reservoirs reservoir (basically a gravity feed jug that replenishes the girls water as needed) with my nute water every two days.

Doing a week after hollowed party, I gotta show off the undead babies.

3 Likes

Nice babies

1 Like

Sometin aint right bout that last picture!
I told them youngins to stay at home… lol Looking fabulous brother! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Truly horrifying. Lol

Awesome :v: I’m glad we got you there. They’re looking great man

1 Like

Thanks y’all.

I did start seeing a few leaf stems purple (I know you can’t tell from the picture) so I gave them an extra dose of calmag this morning.

1 Like

I’m an absolute rookie when it comes to this stuff, I’m still only on my first plant. But urs is looking MUCH better than it did in the beginning stages. She’s improved tremendously and her new growth looks great. I think whatever the issue was, u figured it out based on these pics. She’s looking great, all of them. Good job growmie :+1:

1 Like

Thanks! Funny i g was I was just curious about nutrients when this post started, then it turned into a WTH is going on laugh out loud.

2 Likes

Yeah that happens. My post has been all over the place since I started it honestly. I’m happy as hell I found this site tho. All the info and tips I’ve gotten has pretty much been from this forum. Ur plant definitely looks great tho seriously. It started off rough for sure, but she’s looking fine now. I think she’s gonna be some :fuelpump:

2 Likes

A little experiment I didn’t know I was doing.

I got a couple cheap $15 grow lights from Amazon to supplement my grow a bit, just to add some light on the sides. The girls did reach out towards it and it helped them grow outward. However the buds on the branches that reached out are way smaller than the buds directly under the main light.

I’ve been thinking about buying some new lights that may work better, or I may just see it through and wait until my next grow when I upgrade from an AeroGarden to get a good full tent light.

The buds with more blurple on them are the ones that have the cheap light.

1 Like

I highly recommend upgrading your light as soon as you’re able. The main light you’re using looks okay but you could definitely use another full-sized light or two in that space. Don’t buy a bunch of cheap lights just to supplement though, wait til you can get one or two good quality lights.

Depending on budget, I recommend the HLG QB Kits (they’re DIY but very easy to assemble) or a KingBrite light. There’s a 240watt kingbrite that has my heart because it has UV and IR and full spectrum 301B/H diodes (your choice for $10-15 more to get the H) and it’s already US stock so the shipping is $40ish instead of $100ish for some other KingBrites.

1 Like