Help first time grow autoflower!

I am using dyna gro nutes. I started with trial and error based on ppm numbers before I found the schedule. So yes I have burned some and starved some. Their schedule is too aggro for veg and perfect for flower. I grow both auto and photo currently. Autos get half what photos get or they get super cranky. Generally speaking some are more tolerant than others.

6 Likes

Niceee sounds good and nice one ill look foward to checking it out :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Cool thanks for the advice I shall give it ago :joy: do you use many Nutes like? If so are the buds tasty cause the one I did I couldn’t really taste not sure if that’s down to other reasons like not been dried and cured or flushed properly, but I used a fair bit of nuts and not sure if that could of been why so on these two iv only really used biogrow from biobizz but last feed I used av as I only just got them, but I fort maybe putting less in would help the taste too but not sure?

2 Likes

I only use dyna gro foliage pro (veg feed) and bloom 3-12-6 / mag pro 2-15-4 (bloom nutes) both have other micro nutes in them as well. And cal mag. That’s it though nothing special. I feed heavy on the first flower dose. Then it tailors off from there. Very light feedings towards the end. No flush. My buds have very strong taste and odor. I still can’t believe it comes outta my closet sometimes. Only been at this half a year.

2 Likes

Cool that’s interesting :thinking:so you don’t flush at all? I fort if you didn’t then surely all the Nutes you’ve fed are in the plant like don’t you get harsh smoke from it?

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I thought. Then I got some mold on a plant and chopped it on the spot. After peroxide wash and inspection most of it was perfect. So I smoked that #### lol. Tasted fine. Smoked fine. I’ve been smoking twenty years. This was definitely “normal” weed. No chemical taste. So it got me thinking. Then someone posted an interesting study. A real study with sound technique and measurement. Pretty much found what I experienced. Negligible difference in subjective testing on people’s experiences and objective lab measureables. I can’t remember what they measured now but levels of different substances in the flower material.

Basically finding flushing did not produce statistically significant differences in smoke quality or objective measureables.

3 Likes

I also Use the Dyna Gro Nutes products. Foliage Pro for veg and the bloom product for flowering stage. Very easy product to use.

2 Likes

I don’t flush either, I shut down the nutes about a week before, monitor and then chop when ready. As for defoliating I never know where I am on that topic :scream::man_facepalming::rofl:

2 Likes

I actually just did a light defoliation. I do almost the exact same as @Oldguy. Only difference by the looks of it is I take some off the branches that are blocking bud sites and og might hold off. Looking good bro!

4 Likes

Hi everyone iv fed them some bloom Nutes today and the one that’s floppy the ph is abit high could this be why? Like it was about 7.8 the other one was 6.3. Would you wait till she’s dry again and water her with a ph of 5.8 or somthing around there to bring her down? I also opened them up the best I could

the picture of the bottoms I cut them before it went into flower, also the arms are all over from when It got abit crazy in the smaller tent

2 Likes

@Bongtoker. I’d go ahead and hit the droopy one with some more feed at a 6.2. Should get it down to a better ph sooner than later.
Pots are already wet today so a good flood should give a decent reset for you.
You’ll prob have to run about 3-4 gals thru it to see a proper shift in the numbers.
Trim looks good too btw. :+1:
:v:

4 Likes

Cheers I give it about 15 litres and it only dropped to about 7.2 :rofl: suppose its better then 7. 8 but still high, I’ll have to just do the same next time as I need to invest in some bigger buckets and a proper drip tray, with jt been in my shed I have to keep running in and out and have a ex police officer living next door so yeah, he’s a proper a hole an all

3 Likes

Well she’s looking better today, she’s reaching for the light, so happy days both seem to be loving it :ok_hand:notices some of the leaves where abit yellow what where further down so clipped them of @kellydans @Capt.Cola @Oldguy @Covertgrower @Davyg

7 Likes

@Bongtoker. There ya go brother. She looks a lot better already. :+1:

:v::pray:

3 Likes

Yep she’s coming good :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Cheers lads :+1: hopfully I can keep them happy till finish and hopefully get some dense buds, the one what finished earlier was abit airey but that was under the led so :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Hi all give them another feed today upped the nutes just a tad cause to me there looking abit light but I’m just wondering🤔, on the 2nd day after a water(feed?) the pots are dry on the 3rd day, they just start to droop, so Iv been leaving them till the 3rd day and giving them about 6/7 litres each get about 20 percent run of and they soon lift up by the time I’m done there back to normal but I’m just wondering if I should keep doing this or hit it on the 2nd day?? thanks here they are

run off = pH 6.8 so it’s dropped from the 7.8 :grin: ppm700 run of = ph 6.8 and ppm was 1100 :thinking:

1 Like

@Bongtoker.
They’ll start drinking quite a bit more as they push into flower so you may have to water /feed a bit more often.
Just be aware that when they get close to finishing their swell they will slow their intake of water. You’ll see them taking a bit longer again to dry out. Why it’s important to get a read on the weight of the pots. :wink::+1:
:v::pray:

3 Likes

Hi all hope your well, just fort Id have a nosey on the plants with me upping the nutes other day, not by much, but she’s abit light going to go on the yellow side, take it nitrogen definitency , Iv just started using sensi grow a and b, biobizz bloom and top max, with the sensi grow containing nitrogen, would you up this even more? It recommends 2ml for small plant or 4ml for mature plant what would you guys put in with it been auto? And early flower thanks @Oldguy @kellydans @Davyg @Covertgrower

6 Likes

Bong I do believe you’re on top of it , plants starting to look a little hungry. I use my conductivity meter to measure up what I’m feeding. You could always split the difference with 3 ml

1 Like