Help first time grow autoflower!

Hi everyone thank you all for the replies, I shall try re calibrate the meter sure it came with some just finding it, but here she is anywys there looking good to me, and showing signings or flower got little white hairs poking out, cause there kensr to be auto’s, shall I switch the like back to 18/6? Thanks @Covertgrower @Oldguy @Davyg @kellydans

3 Likes

If you do this, it’ll take 2+ weeks for it to go back to veg. I would stay the course.

4 Likes

I agree.:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:. Don’t change it back.
:v:

4 Likes

Oh right didn’t know that lucky i didn’t then ha ha, does that mean the 12/12 would effect the final yeild with jt been an auto and getting less light than it should be?

3 Likes

May get a bit less in the end but better chance of not causing issues at the current cycle.

4 Likes

I always finish my autos on 12/12 with my photos and they do fine. I’m with the community roll with it. Plants look great.:+1:

5 Likes

From what I gather, more light is good with autos but changing schedules is bad so like everyone says just need to roll with it this time and take note for next grow :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m good thanks… I can’t get used to my new name either! I actually meant to thank @Arrow for giving me a good hint about another place to hang out. Great to see lots of the same people there. Might be best for me until things cool down. :heart::heart::heart:
I’m still here though @kellydans - just quietly lurking around lol :blush::sunflower:

3 Likes

Stay safe and I’ll see you around. like a shark lurking around in the sea. Plant the seeds and grow the weed.:+1::v:

3 Likes

You will be safe either way…lots of us have your back…:sunglasses::v:

3 Likes

Hi guys pots are dry ready to feed for tomorrow only water as I put sensi grow a and b in last feed, only thing is they have no flower Nutes in yet, :sob: but as usual ones to me is looking really good I’m chuffed with jt anyways hopfully get some nice buds from it but the other one still abit droopy :joy: just don’t know what’s up with her maybe with her been abjt smaller I might give her less water tomorrow and she how she goes. And do you guys reckon its worth pulling some fan leafs of what do you think? @Davyg @Eagles009 @Covertgrower @Oldguy @kellydans @Capt.Cola @Not2SureYet

6 Likes

@Bongtoker. You could take some of the larger light blocking fan leaves now.
Expose some of those future bud sites. :wink:
Don’t go nuts but open things up.
A lot of folks will do a major clean up / defol at the 21 day mark from switching.
Some do another aggressive one at the 42 day mark.
I’m in the process of removing a few today myself.

Edit. I can put a couple pics of before and after for you if you’d like. :v:

7 Likes

That would be champion @Oldguy I did prune and cut some stems of the bottom half’s before it went into flower hoping it helped it focus on the tops, but I also left some just to see what happened for next time but yeah be appreciated if you could do that,it would give me an idea and can do it before I feed them and see what the meter says this time round, thanks again :+1:

4 Likes

@Bongtoker. Here you go. :+1:
This is my Super critical bud cbd plant.
Before.

After.

And this is what I removed.

All I took off today was the big leaf attached to the main stalk. Not much by some but enough for me for the moment. I’ll take a few more off in the first few days after switching but then I’ll pretty much leave it except for the odd tug and pluck till the 21 day mark to open a bud site.

Hope this makes it a bit easier.
:v::pray:

5 Likes

I’m not familiar with the exact makeup of your nutes but my veg stuff is heavy nitrogen and low PK. Then the bloom nutes are the opposite. I’ve gone veg feed bloom feed without water in between numerous times without issue.

3 Likes

Niceee :ok_hand: how many you got in there? Yeah that helped alot thank you I’ll post some pics tomorrow after iv done it :+1: and @Eagles009 thank you I might give it ago but just a tad , so you feed multiple times without just water in between them? And do you aim for a certain ppm range for the feed when you do it? thanks

4 Likes

That plant in the picture @Oldguy have you done any training with that or has it just been left to grown ?

1 Like

The only time I feed without water in between is the switch. I figure I’m feeding the stretch. Then it ends and now I’m feeding the flowers. I do not check ppms on this. I’ve had a few runs with these nutes and know I can hit them with full flower dose per schedule right when stretch done and they love it.

3 Likes

Cool so you just go of a feeding schedule and don’t have to check ppm or out, what nutes are you using? Take it you don’t get nute burn or out then? And do you grow auto’s or photos?

2 Likes

That one was left to her own devices as she was so compact all thru early veg. Still only 26 inches tall. :grin:
Got 9 in there all together.
I’ll tag you over to my journal. :wink:

2 Likes