HELP. 4 weeks what is happwning

thanks so much

No problem hope it helps

So… I took them out of the grow tent and the led lights. I placed in the basement on a table under 4’ 4 bulb florescent lights about 4’ above. They are starting to look better already… I guess it was light burn???

1 Like

Cool I’m glad I could help hit me up if u need help in future also if they are t5 bulbs u want them 20 “ above tops they will perk up and be a healthy green in like 4 days keep her watered ck the dryness of the soil up to first knuckle if comes out dry water if comes out damp let her be and keep me posted how they r doing

1 Like

Mine did the same thing and it ended up being the ph in my soil it was 6.5 going in the pot but the run off was 4.0 i would check the soils ph or it could just be getting to much water

2 Likes

@jt123 hay how’s the ladies doing

Get those flouros nice and close, like 2 to 3 inches away from the tops, they dont throw out that much heat but they are a great spectrum for seedling growth

1 Like

looked better yesterday but now has purpleish on leaf edges. what is that

what does purplish on the edges of leaves mean? @Growit

@jt123

Mabe this can help a bit just a general look at what it could be send a pic so we can see what you are looking at

Move the light a bit closer if they are still under the florescence and you should be past the light burn you had I hope

I saw that but hard to really tell… the leaves have purplish color mostly on edges… is that light or mag or nit?

Pink dots are manganese (Mn) purple could be phosphorus or magnesium (Mg) or even a Nitrogen deficiency

What does that look like??

Also, I just transplanted them into 5 gal fabric planters 1 gold leaf fem and 1 bag.
. I used live soil and happy frog soil. I was surprised when I transplanted them. They were in 5" pots and only 3" tall but they had long roots at the bottom. I put them back into the tent… I have 1000w hps grow light. How far away should they be? I also set up the portable a/c and exhaust fan along with 2-2400 led which are 5’ above the hps light. The fan I have is an automatic. It reads the temp in the room and it will go on if it goes above that temp. Temp is set for 77. Is that good? Also have a small fan blowing lightly across the girls. @FNG101v2 @BigDaddyCain @mountainman1 @Laurap @Aolelon @Growit.

So you have your LED’s above your HPS? I am not 100% sure that is most beneficial. LED’s need to be a bit closer to put out optimal PAR levels. around 24" is a good start. For your HPS, I would say around 36", but you might be able to get it a bit closer. I definitely wouldn’t drop it below 24". If you have a good cooling system between the light and the plants, you may be able to get it within 18" without burning the plants, but then I would worry about bleaching.

Did you see the picture with the purple? Any idea? I did that because the led before was 2’ above and burned the leaves… I just put it high and the other led is on the other side of the tent. just wanted as much light as possible

Beginning stages of Phosphorous deficiency. let me double check to be sure though.

1 Like

Im pretty sure its the beginning stages of Phosphorous deficiency. That’s usually when the purple sets in. This isn’t cannabis but it shows the symptoms. Are you feeding nutrients right now?
c24ae2c0d8c7e42c351ea690f7eb252b--potassium-deficiency-composting
“Also identified by slow growth, leaves will become a very dark green or purple color and may have red or purple veins. Leaves may be quite small and possibly deformed. Using a high P fertilizer should correct the problem.”
P

I just transplanted it today into a 5 gal fabric pot with living soil and happy frog soil. Do you think it needs feeding? they are 4 weeks and I haven’t fed them anything. They were growing in organic seed started