Hellraiser Cloning

Thanx… off with their heads!

8 Likes

@Hellraiser is about the best. Lol hello my friend

1 Like

@Hellraiser @Flying-High or anyone willing to chime in.

So here are the clones on day 13 of being planted.

I want to keep a mom and grow out the other 2. My questions are:

• which one would you keep as the mom?
  • where to top them? I’ve never topped one before and all the tutorials I see start out from seed.

The tallest of them is 14" the others just over a foot.

Thanks y’all!

4 Likes

Hard to tell which clone to keep as a mother they all look excellent, are they all clones from same plant? With all being clones they have staggered nodes I just take top off after 5-6 nodes and again if height becomes a problem but that’s just me, happy cloning!

6 Likes

Are they all clones of the same plant? If so it really doesn’t matter which one you keep, as long as you keep it alive. You can also take another clone from any of the growing plants. Ever after flowering begins.

4 Likes

Thank you for your time! Wow, now that you asked that question I took cuttings from 2 different Tangie plants. I wanted to make sure I would get a sample of each. Problem is that I didn’t label them lol. Rookie mistake.

I’m thinking that Hellraiser will agree with you on the topping advice. I was a bit confused because of the staggered nodes. :+1: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks for your time buddy! I took cuttings from 2 different Tangie plants. Didn’t label them. But it is good to know that know that I have the moms in flower I may have to take a cutting from one of them. They started to get frosty at week 2 of flower. Maybe one of them turns out to be amazing.

2 Likes

If you take clone during flower, they will have to re-veg (which they will do), but 20 hours of light (or even 24) should help accelerate that process more than just 18. I usually take a clone right before I switch to 12/12, that way I can skip re-vegging.

6 Likes

Thanks, that is exactly what I did. Took 4 cuttings from each of the moms then flipped to 12/12. These ladies came from bag seed and both turned out to be girls! If you don’t mind I will tag you on my grow journal.

I will keep that advice in mind if I choose to re-veg clone from flowering momma :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Be happy to follow along.

1 Like

I also ran into the problem of rot with flowering clones due to the high humidity.
I was using cubes and the dome method.
16 of 20 survived!
Unfortunately my SoG tent can only accommodate 12! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

For the mother I’d keep whichever seemed to be the strongest, most vigorous.
I would think that would offer the best clones for future grows.

5 Likes

Indeed! Makes perfect sense…there is one that is a good 2" above the others but they all look gorgeous to me lmao.
Thanks so much for your time

1 Like

@Hellraiser These cuttings were taken a few weeks into flower, should I leave the baby flowers / pistils on the tops or cut them off? I have removed the actual bud stalks going up the stems already. ( sorry for the side pic🤦‍♂️ )

7 Likes

Yeah what they said, keep any of them as a mother, top where you normally would with seeds, above 4th or 5th node depensing on how many main branches you want.

7 Likes

I’d leave them as that is where the new growth will come from.

12 Likes

I think I will stick with pro-mix. So how would I use Jacks with my plants, when I start them and when out side in 20 gallon pots.

1 Like

Do you have to take the plant out of the solo cup and cut the roots? Can you do this with auto flower plants. I hate growing auto flowers, but we have some seeds, and I would do this in a solo cup.

2 Likes

Depends on the version of pro-mix. If you go with pro-mix HP, it has zero nutes in it so you should start feeding them full strength Jacks right away.

No, you don’t have to cut/trim the roots, yes you can grow an auto flower in a solo cup.

5 Likes

@Hellraiser Pulled these clones from a flowering Super Skunk in September, the rooted clones went into Mother Earth coco/peat on the 12th of October.
They’ve been fed Jacks 321 and Mammoth P early on, now just Jacks and plain water until the flip.
Question is - why am I getting this mutant growth?
Plants were topped last week to start training the shoots I intend to flower out, and they took well to the cuts but they’re still putting out anywhere from a single leaf to 5 on 2 plants, but most are 1 to 3 leaves.
It’s just weird considering how healthy they seem to be.
Any thoughts?

Thanks for any insight you can offer!

Happy Cloning Everyone!!!

10 Likes

That’s a standard set of leave on monstercropped clones and on some clones too, afaik. :nerd_face:

You said you took your clones from a flowering mother… That’s called a monstercrop. And they all have that leaf formation… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes