Hellraiser Cloning

5 Likes

Do you plant this in ffof after your seedlings are growing?

I put my seeds straight into FFOF (the fox farms ocean forest soil linked above)

2 Likes

FFOF is a very hot soil, meaning it has alot of nutrients in it from the factory. I used it once but it was too hot for me. You can try Fox Farms Happy Frog or I use Coast of Maine Stonington blend soil, both are less hot and my plants seem to love them.

5 Likes

Same here! Weā€™d always give her a flowering bulb around Xmas to color up the place which would eventually get top heavy and start to bend. Sheā€™d walk out into the yard, dead of winter and break a branch off this willow she had to prop up the bloom. A week later the branch would be leafing out and would develop roots and start growing in the pot with the bulb!

She also had an apple tree that she had grafted 5 different other apple varieties to! Sheā€™d cut a wedge shaped point into the shoot, and a corresponding ā€œfittingā€ on the living branch and tie it up with an old strip of fabric that was too small for quilting and the next year sheā€™d be pulling yet another kind of apple - from the same tree!!

She spent most of her childhood in the mountains of western North Carolina hunting for medicinal herbs and ginseng. Her father was shot by the IRS while he was making cocktailsā€¦unfortunately it was enough for the tri-state area and they had a real problem with that apparently!

9 days into my cloning experiment following the guide ā€œmostlyā€. No roots yet but theyā€™re looking good and actually sprouting new growth!!
My success directly tied to reading this thread!
Thx @Hellraiser !!

1 Like

Do you use any other base nutrients with Coast of Main soil?
They told me at the hydro shop it has enough in it for a complete grow maybe use some bloom booster

Have you ever used jacks 321 with coast of Maine after a month of growing?

1 Like

I do use Jackā€™s Tap, calmag, si, Tribus and Recharge with this soil and have had great results. I donā€™t use anything until like 4 weeks in during veg except calmag, si and Tribus. I ordered some fishsh!t and eager to try it.

3 Likes

I use Jackā€™s Tap lineup and have had great results so far. Recharge is also used and I swear by that stuff now. Noticeable growth after 48 hours every time.

3 Likes

Yes! been using jacks with happy frog silica used up tribus now itā€™s fishit girls love it!

1 Like

Also recharge every other feeding

1 Like

Cut, dipped and cubed on the 27th of September.

16 to go!!

@Hellraiser - Planning on a SoG with short veg in 1gal bags. I was thinking Solo cups for 2 weeks then the bags for 2 weeks then flip.
Would this give me enough root development to support a single cola, maybe 2 per stalk?
Would I be better off going straight to the bags?
Planning on using 321 to keep mixing simple as possible and achieve good results.

Any tips or tricks you can offer are greatly appreciated by all!

You, Sir, are the Ganja Guru of ILGM!! Thx for all you do for the community!!

Happy Cloning Everyone!!

7 Likes

You could skip the solo cups and go straight to the 1 gal bags, saves you a transplant. Then donā€™t push them too hard with light for the first week, let them get comfortable in their new medium and spread out some roots. Get some microbes in there to help with root growth (Tribus, Fishsh!t, or even Recharge).

8 Likes

@Hellraiser do you know if fishs#it is the same as old school fish emulsion? Thanks!

2 Likes

My best info is that fishs#it is exactly that Fish Poopā€¦from an Aquaponics Tilapia Farm. .02

4 Likes

Would Happy Frog be too much for clones and a short veg?
I saw a post before where you mentioned doing a SoG, but I canā€™t remember if you said what medium you useā€¦I blame it on the late night Zookies snack! :rofl:

Thanks Again for your help!!

2 Likes

Not the same, fishsh!t is poop and a huge variety of microbes farmed with the poop where fish emulsion is more of a fertilizer made from the whole fish or fish parts.

5 Likes

Happy Frog would be fine. I use Happy Frog for my clone mothers and all my houseplants. For my bud growing plants, I use coco.

5 Likes

@Hellraiser
First time growing a clone. Top it or let it run? I usually top plants grown from seed.
TIA

8 Likes

Iā€™d top it just like your seed plants.

9 Likes