Hellraiser Cloning

All normal and healthy, especially on trimmed clones.

6 Likes

I’d like to veg for a couple more weeks then flip. They’re still putting out calyx like gangbusters.
Would flipping to 12/12 in 2 more weeks be a bad thing if they’re still showing the weirdness?

I did find a write-up about monstercropping - which I thought was something different entirely! LOL!
It says pretty much the same thing about leaf growth.

Thanks for the info fellas!!

5 Likes

Yep, normal for monster-cropped clones.

8 Likes

Keep in your tent? I fail at Aloes but no that I understand overwatering maybe

2 Likes

I had this happen on a couple of the clones I made this year.
My outdoor mother was not in flower yet or maybe just starting when the clones were taken.
Definitely not deep in flower where I had to bring the clones back into veg.
The mutants did no worse than the the mother.
They may have been slightly bigger than the mother and equally potent at harvest.

5 Likes

Will tribus be added to rez last, after ph ing, as we do with fish!t ?

3 Likes

hey @pr when i add morbloom ,which is a fish based nute it all ways crash my pH down from 5.9 to like 3.4 - same with the seaweed/kelp . so i add them then pH and add the microb’s and that is what tribus is right ? so yes add after ph is set . and check ph after add the fish!t .
:alien: happy growing

3 Likes

Yes, after adjusting ph. The ph solutions might kill off some good microbes in the tribus otherwise. :+1::v:

5 Likes

Great knowledge. I have been cloning a gg4 2 years now. Went from aerator…to cubes then just grabbed peat pods and never looked back. Cut/gel stick in a covered seedling tray. Soon as i see a root stick out i potem. Been working well. I root a few every prune. If feel they are weak i tossem and grab another from momma.

5 Likes

That is correct

5 Likes

Hey Hellraiser Hope all is well with you my Freind…

I currently have my girls reveg under the HLG 65 v2

I do have a 300w purple type light…it came with the grow tent…
I was wondering if you think I might need to put that light on them at this point? One of the mothers has a lot more growth than the other…

Also since my mother’s were grown Outdoors for most of their lives,accept for the last couple weeks of flowering, is it necessary to put the Clones from the mothers in a different tent that is sterile?
Or do you think it would be okay to keep the Clones in with the mothers?
My concern is disease from the outside grow that may be in the pots or on the plants.
Or is this something that I really shouldn’t concern myself with?

5 Likes

Nice reveg! Would be a good time to up the lighting some since you’re getting a lot of new veg growth.

Well the cuttings could have whatever the mothers have and I’d be more concerned with possible pests that came in with them. I’d start pest prevention on both the mothers and cuttings - neem oil or capt jacks deadbug just to be sure. I’d separate the cuttings from the moms though just for the light difference needs between the moms that want more light and the cuttings that don’t want a lot of light til they get decent roots.

8 Likes

Thank you my friend!.. and thanks for the wealth of information contained in this thread…! Absolutely amazing.

5 Likes

Hey my friend speaking of the different needs…

When would be a good time to cut back the mothers light? they are on 24/0…

I have this for the cuttings…

After that I’m thinking that the HLG 65 watt that I have, should be fine to get good roots for the Clones @ 18/6.
Am I thinking correctly on that?

2 Likes

You could cut back on the mothers lights at any point now since they are well into veg growth.

Yeah the T5 for rooting and the HLG 65 after that will work out well.

3 Likes

Thanks again

1 Like

I have a question on monster cropped clones: I took a couple clones from a nice growing mystery all-star bag seed plant because I thought it would be a good one to keep going. I took the clones when the plant was in week 5 of flower, and that was over the 2 mos ago. I took them out of their first clone environment (hydro) after a month without much root development (literally two white nubs) and put them in soil in a solo cup. Took them out of the cups today and there are nice root balls but absolutely no new above ground growth. In fact some of the leaves left on wilted and fell off. The bud left on is a dark green. How long does it take monster cropped clones to reveg new growth? On 18/6 schedule. Thanks everyone. :blush:

3 Likes

I’m not able to speak about monster cropped clones, but I will say it took my mother plant about 4 weeks of 18/6 to start showing me new leaf growth out of the bud sites I left intact. I suspect the clones may be similar, plus one week for general root development.

4 Likes

Well if you have good root, the new green should start soon

6 Likes

Depends, I’ve have clones reveg and start good veg growth after a few weeks and I’ve had some that took a couple/few months to get to the same level. As long as they are still alive they will keep trying.

7 Likes