GG #4. 1st GROW JOURNAL

What does everyone use to protect against the mites and other pests in the garden. Does anyone have experience with predator mite? Any info I greatly appreciate. I dont have any problems yet but I want to be prepared as I feel its inevitable. @latewood @Hellraiser @Dr.ofSmokology @Hellraiser @Covertgrower @MeEasy @Dman1969 @AfgVet @AlienBrew

2 Likes

I haven’t had to deal with anything more than fungus gnats but I know @Agrestic has used predator bugs

1 Like

I’ve only ever bought ladybugs and praying mantis to help in the garden (not weed), I’ve heard about the predatory mites and other stuff on here but don’t really know much about them. I’ve only grown weed in the wild never at my own pace

1 Like

Have used a few types all together, laid way to much down and had massive problems with the good guys getting stuck in buds ( didn’t know about bud washing back then) personally I try for zero bugs indoor ( obviously zero is impossible) I do let skinks live in there tho , have a resident family of em , prefer them for preditation , they don’t get into my bud and there cool . Skinks are like a small geko or lizard . Hell there dear enough to me I no longer use my ozone machine to purge my tank end of grows , don’t want to kill the little fullas :slight_smile:
Oh and I put the yellow sticky traps hung in air , don’t want my lizard mates getting stuck on those it’s a death sentence

1 Like

So far I’ve only had fungus gnats. But someone will chime in. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Can u put a photo in a 12on 12off schedule without messing anything up with it?

If I had a fresh or shut down and thourough clean grow space; I owuld dust the place with Food grade Diatomaceous Earth. That way, if mites find their way into your grow, then they will die, as well as their hatchlings.

4 Likes

Captain Jacks, and neem oil I use for thrips and mites.

1 Like

I’ve used neem oil with an emulsifier, for mites.

1 Like

i’ll periodically do a mix of predator mites for prevention. can’t say if they’re working or not but i can also say i haven’t had any bad mites. though i probably just jinxed myself.

1 Like

@Agrestic what kind of predator mites did you like to use. Another random question im not sure about being its my first grow. So I there are in flower and the little white pistils that start the budding the tips are turning orange amberish color. Is that normal or is that burning from the light? @Hellraiser @latewood @MeEasy @Dr.ofSmokology @Dman1969 @AfgVet @AlienBrew @Leholf @Covertgrower

6 Likes

those white hairs will all go brown and shrivel up. perfectly normal

3 Likes

@Dr.ofSmokology thanks was little concerned at first

2 Likes

i dont have much knowledge but i try to help where i can.

1 Like

@Dr.ofSmokology is right! You are wanting this to happen. looking awesome :sunglasses::+1::+1::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

This is a natural progression of the flowering process. Blooming is when the plant starts producing higher amounts of biomass, meaning ur buds r stacking n growing. Turning white pistils to a dark amber, also trichomes really start making their presence known. U can see them n ur pics on the leaves surrounding ur flower. As @Dr.ofSmokology said perfectly normal, the little girls r turning into full bloom ladies. :+1::+1::v:

4 Likes

Another random question, does anyone have or know anyone with an ac infinity tent. The poles are 1in and I can’t find a fan that will go onto the pole. I dont really like the springy clamp thing. I did see the monkey fans but heard they dont last long. @Dr.ofSmokology @Covertgrower @anon86641082 @AfgVet @MeEasy @Chasworks @latewood @Leholf @Dman1969 @Dankloud

4 Likes

i got my fans at walmart but i dont use the clips. i just screwed them to the wall.

I don’t use clip-on fans I use the adjustable ratchet ropes to hang my fans so it’s simple to adjust them up n down. Oh and actually the fans have clips I just don’t use em

2 Likes

Get with @CoyoteCody he can 3D print what you need

2 Likes