Flowering stage not going well

What a freaking awesome setup. I wish I had a basement :sob: I KNOW I’m going to have to invest in a dehumidifier because, even in winter, this gulf coast humidity and temp fluctuation is ridiculous. I really wanted to build a greenhouse outside but with 105* heat index and 90% RH 5 months or of the year… The bud rot struggle would be real.

2 Likes

@Never_Legendary, Sativa varieties, coming from more equatorial regions, may have a better tolerance for high heat and humidity. I’ve heard nothing but good things about Durban poison, a landrace Sativa, it’s supposed to do very well even in very humid environments.

Point is you might want to think about strains that genetically should do well in your climate, look for mold resistance.

4 Likes

@CurrDogg420 literally one of my favorite strains of all times!! I’ll definitely do some research. I’d like to buy ILGM seeds this go round. I wanted to try one auto and another photo in case I screw up the auto :rofl:

Noticed more of these things on most of the branches… Not sure if I ever got a straight answer since I’ve been preoccupied with the potassium issue…

1 Like

Still girlie parts, I’d smoke that. :sunglasses: :laughing:

3 Likes

Ok. No more freak outs from me. I promise :rofl:

2 Likes

@Never_Legendary

You can have more freak outs if you need to. I had 4 my first grow but only 1 my second grow… You just asking and following advice here is a great sign.

Good luck, you’ve got this!

3 Likes

Forgive me @CurrDogg420 I meant to tag @Aussie_autos

Do I feed all 9L this evening? She would probably enjoy it. I think what may have contributed to the issues are also the high ppm because I didn’t know how to feed correctly, the amount of neem and Jack’s I was spraying to rid a months long intermittent war with fungus gnats. I believe it was killing my good guys in the the topmost layer of soil.

1 Like

I pH to 6.6 and ppm 834.

Also, do y’all ever add a bit more soil to the top near the end. Soil seems to have compacted quite a bit at this point. No root ball can be seen but I notice when I water her it down about 500ml in a 3gal pot

Ok if ur going to water with banana tea u dont need to water it down u feed that to ur plants over a few days say u give them a one litre of banana tea each time u water until its gone

@Aussie_autos thank you! Should I refrigerate it or would further stewing be beneficial cause it’s warm here this week :rofl:

pH out was 6.4
Ppm 1674 :exploding_head:

@Never_Legendary make sure to water in slowly for the next couple waterings. Sometimes if the soil becomes too dry it will become “hydrophobic”. The water will sit on top of the soil longer than it should, which might make it seem seem compacted. You’ll have the same type of resistance beneath the surface as well, so you might water to runoff but actually you’ve got some dry patches in the middle where it didn’t get to.

Give it like 1/3 - 1/2 it’s water, not enough to run off. Then get a cup of coffee and let it wick in. Then come back and look for dry patches and hit those. Let that soak in. Add the rest and see where you’re at on that measurement.

2 Likes

U can put it in the refrigerator if u want to i normally just leave it in my bucket with a air stone bubbling away

1 Like

So I think the banana tea helped. The yellowing seems to be slowing down a little. And now I noticed a definite increase in bud fattening today since I left her alone for a day and a half.

I just got my jewelers loupe today and can I just say trichomes are the most beautiful thing in the whole world to me. This girl needs no diamonds as a best friend. Only trichomes need apply :heart_eyes: :diamond_shape_with_a_dot_inside:

Based on reading the wealth of knowledge here, they’re still a clear and so it’ll be a few weeks until harvest. Do y’all think my first grow could be harvested on 4/20? That would just be too perfect but I’d rather her be ready. Looking for an energetic but even keel kind of high.

Also I noticed the main stalk’s fan leaves have a touch of purplish burgundy on the inner leaves. I think that’s the third pic above but I can’t see my photos in edit mode. That means good uptake in orchid world so I’m hoping it means the same in canna-land.

Should I feed another serving of tea? I don’t want to neglect the other stuff she might need. Not sure whether to feed other nutes this time and more tea next time.

3 Likes

@Never_Legendary great news and super stoked to see you gain some enthusiasm!! :raised_hands:

What was your banana tea recipe?

Here’s one I make

4 gallon bucket of dechlorinated tap water
Aqua fish aquarium pump
2 cups of store bought Worm Castings placed in a cheese cloth bag and tied to the bucket
4 table spoons of Grandmas Black unsulphured molasses
8 tablespoons of Fish fertilizer(poop) :joy: and it smells like :poop:
4 tablespoons of Bone meal
And I place it all in the water and let it bubble for a min of 24 hours. I like to go 36 if possible.

Why I use this recipe. Because I don’t know any better and my plants look healthy. :joy:

Seriously, the Worm Castings adds microbes to the soil. The Molasses give those microbes sugar to feed on. The fish fertilizer provides Nitrogen and more microbes. The NPK is 5-1-1 on the fish :poop:. The NPK of the bone meal is 0-15-15 giving a heavy dose of Potassium and Phosphorus which is what your plants need during the late flowering stage.

The great thing about teas. The plants can instantly uptake those nutrients provided your mediums PH is below 7 and above 6. If you’ve fed too much it will instantly show in new leaf growth and vise a versa. And please take what I’ve said with a grain of salt. I’m no expert, but if you’ve done something wrong with the tea. You’ll know it and can flush to get back. Unlike bottled or slow release nutrients! Good luck my friend and I hope to see you have a happy harvest come 4/20. Don’t rush the drying stage or curing stage. You could make all your hard work taste like hay if those are rushed!

1 Like

And never let your teas sit. Someone correct me if I’m wrong…… they can turn your soil anaerobic, and I believe what we want is an aerobic soil. Fresh oxegenated tea, and watering will keep you aerobic. Again, I could be bass ackwards on this. One of these fine members will correct me, that’s my wish. I’m here learning with you.

1 Like

Do you just let this vent into the garage since it already stays warm in summer? I have one but can’t vent it in bathroom since window is not in an accessible spot for it. It definitely blows out hot air & needs to be vented but works very well when set up right. Kept us comfortable for sleeping when we lost power for a week after the last hurricane at end of August which is our hottest time. Mine is made by NewAir & have had it quite a lot of years.

What does this solution do for plants & when do you use it?

I’m still in seedling stage in coco/perlite. Was planning to get that fan/filter set but thought I wouldn’t need it till flower for smell. Will it really regulate temps/humidity well enough that I should go ahead & get it sooner?

1 Like

What part of Gulf are you @Never_Legendary ? I’m on the Nola side! Nice to meet grow neighbors.