Flowering stage not going well

@CurrDogg420 see you to fresh air at night is awesome my friend especially when it’s cold out if you can swing it

1 Like

@Low @Aussie_autos @beardless @CurrDogg420 good morning! Thank you all so much for your input. It’s been a crazy busy week so sorry for not getting back. The absence did allow me time to get a bunch more measurements and I just can’t figure out WTF is going on.

Soil: FFHF
Nutes: Advanced Nutrients micro bloom grow 6ml every 3rd watering
Plant: photo GG4
Light: HLG Diablo 200
Stage: flowering day 25
pH watering: 6.4-6.7…i use pH up & down and use the color scale on the solution bottle to guestimate the number to a 0.10 value. I cross check with the pH pen occasionally. I hate the pen maintenance So i rarely use it now.

This is the pH and PPM I get when I test 2 days later with a water only watering. I have no idea what scale it’s using but the OUT value seems high AF to me and I’m seeing leaf issues (3 photos below this first photo)

After the crazy readings I took @kellydans advice and I water with pH6.5 water only (1L every 12hours) and this is the more normal average I get until I feed again. Again, I don’t know what the scale is as @Low said and I can’t find it on the Amazon listing or the paper instructions included.

However, you can see the yellowing leaves. And you might also be able to see the very tips of the leaves look burned. Idk what to do. I haven’t fed full strength even once. I feed 2L water pH6.5 every 3-4 days using exactly half of the recommended nute amount. Cal Mag every 6 days at 3/4 strength.

She seems to be semi good though. Shes hardening off nicely and bud sites seem to be fattening. I took advice and removed a bunch of undergrowth and took several nice clones that, even though they’re in flower, I took to see what I could get them to do because they were never going to see the light anyway.

A little worried that the stress she’s been under since going into flower stage with a little heat exhaustion last week and whatever is going on now will send her into a hermaphrodite.

2 Likes

I am terrible at diagnosing plant ailments. What I do see is healthy new growth. Hopefully with the little flushes and reduced nute intake she will be good going forward. PPM out of 834 is down there. So don’t let her tip in the other direction of being under fed. Wish you and your plant well

1 Like

The damage on your leaves is not a reversible type, she’s stripped them of “immobile” nutrients (cal mag or whatever). I prefer to remove these, as they can make it difficult going forward to know if you’ve corrected the problem.

Overall, I think she looks good.

1 Like

She looks good but she may want more nutes she is telling you that u do half the dose yah jack the dose up a little bit not to much just abit

1 Like

Yeah I’m with @beardless My 1st thoughts plants new growth looks fine. As mentioned feed in at about 900 PPM. Good luck

@Aussie_autos & friends…

Idk wtf I’m doing wrong. There’s twice the yellow leaves today than yesterday after I fed full strength per the manufacturer recommended feeding dose last night. Now some of the sugar leaves have tiny holes in them??? I checked and no bugs of any kind that could have done that damage. But she smells so strong today though even with my Infinity fan and filter setup and 75% power. And there’s more “sugar” on the leaves than yesterday. The ppm going in was 1340 and came out 1765…?

The only thing I can think is that maybe it’s because I’m using tap water? I pH it to 6.5-6.7 and Our city supply isn’t that chlorinated but I’m just puzzled.

1 Like

I believe it maybe a phosphorus or potassium def ,you can give them some banana tea with molasses and fish shit with Epsom salt .get ur self four skins from four bananas cut th up into smaller pieces put it into a mesh bag and put it into a ten to 20 ltr bucket with with ph water add two tablespoons of epsom salts and tablespoons of molasses desolved in warm water let it bubble for 24 hours and once it is done add five to ten mls of fish shit and now water ur plants u dont have to water it down this will give ur plants a potassium and phosphorus boost plus other micro and macro nutrients this will help with getting those big flowers

3 Likes

The problem looks a little cal-mag-ish. I had the same problem with my tap water. After it’s sat in the bucket add a touch of CaMg till you’re around 200ppm. For me that also fixed my pH.

2 Likes

My ppm is 334 straight outta the faucet :frowning: I’m also feeding Fix Farms Calmag once a week at full strength. It’s causing this white chalky film in my run off pan once it dries…?

So I did a ton of reading and I think the phosphorus is the problem. Here’s a fan leaf that fell off today.

I also grow orchids and that’s exactly what their leaves do when they have that same deficiency. Gonna try your tea tomorrow as a hail Mary, gotta get the fish stuff from the store in town since I don’t want to wait for Amazon.
On a side note, I barely touched a few flowers deciding on more branches to snip… I see why she’s called gorilla glue :rofl: :gorilla: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I don’t know why this is occurring to me 12 days later that you said this. Does that mean get a baseline PPM reading on your water prior to adding nutrients and then adding nutrients a little bit at a time until you get to that PPM number you’re looking for? I just don’t understand why my levels are so damn high in & out.

1 Like

I concur about the P as well, @Aussie_autos has you covered. I was reading up on deficiencies today too. It’s been a little while since I’ve seen one, I’m off my game, you kind of forget what they look like when you’re in this living soil. :grin: The worms take care of all that.

2 Likes

Do tell more about the worms and soil. I’m legit interest in keeping some because my daughter and I want to compost using worms. We’re weird I know :rofl: :dancing_women:

I read the castings are great in teas and soil prep.

1 Like

@Never_Legendary, check out my grow, it’s my featured topic if you click on my profile. I’ve got a little worm farm, I talk about it a little bit.

2 Likes

Maybe I missed this part…. Are you de-chlorinating your tap water? Chlorine in your water kills all organisms thus stripping your medium of the nutrients you’re putting in…

Yes , get a baseline on your water.say your water is 200 PPM an you need to feed at 900 PPM you would mix feed at 1100 PPM. Add nutes to water To reach your PPM goal an Follow up by PHing back to sweat spot 6.5 PH before feeding. Also Good practice to verify your ph meter with a clean fresh bottle of 7 solution. You can also verify PPM meter with with a standard conductivity solution. Hope that helps good luck. :v::+1:

3 Likes

@Never_Legendary do you have any streams or creeks around your water is a issue you will keep having these problems from it if you don’t have any creek or streams your going to have to put filter on

1 Like

No I haven’t been dechlorinating. I was wondering if I can mix the same dechlorination stuff into the water that I use for my freshwater aquarium. :thinking:

I do but because they run through the city drainage (bayous) you DON’T want what they have in them on anything. I think you’re right about the filter. I was using distilled but that got expensive. I was thinking of using tap but dechlorinating from now on.

1 Like