Flowering stage not going well

Ok the banana mix that i make it helps with bigger flowers plus it gives potassium and phosphorus and calcium with magnesium and iron plus other nutrients i use this all the time

1 Like

@Aussie_autos So you don’t wait for a deficiency, you give it regardless? Asking bc I’ve read(don’t remember where) not to give things like blood or bone meal unless there is a deficiency. What stage of plants do you start using this? Thanks :blush:

For me its more of a natural bud booster using banana tea with molasses and fish and kelp liquid the epsom salts is just a add in if you have a bit of a magnesium def you dont need to add it to the mix .And i only use this in flowering stage , i so top dress at the start of flowering with worm castings and fish bone meal but if i have bat guano i will use that instead of fish bone meal .And i only give the banana tea twice in flowering and what ever i got left i give it to my vegetables outside

2 Likes

I know my method of growing is alittle bit out there but i find my method works for me i do alot of things that other people would find strange or they wouldnt do but thats the best thing theres no set growing style everyone is different and sometimes you just have to think outside the box and do something totally different that makes people stop and think ,but in saying all this ive had great results growing the way i do my last harvest i got 15.5 ounces from two autos and the grow before that i got nine ounces from one plant so does my growing style work yes for me it does ,i don’t baby my plants i treat them like weeds and they grow big i used to baby my plants but i ended up with problems and less yield ,dont be afraid to try something new

1 Like

Definitely get an inline fan. Depending on your humidity situation you may need a humidifier. Seedlings into veg need 60% humidity. The inline exhaust fan will help regulate temps , humidity and exchange the air in the tent. You wanna keep fresh air coming in and old stagnate air going out.

2 Likes

yes I do. It vents directly into the garage. I have a tent and a closet in the same general space. When both are flowering it can be quite aromatic despite using filters. I added another fan and filter in the common area to act as a scrubber. I hope this will reduce or eliminate the smell some may not look favorably on.

2 Likes

Sure hope mine grow as big as some of my weeds! Sounds like you have your methods perfected for how you like to grow. That’s all that matters. Hobbies should be enjoyable not a chore.

1 Like

Thanks @beardless its good to know the option is there if I need it out of my house. I’m an out of sight out of mind person & I’d hate to forget them. I have a big note at eye level on my fridge “PLANTS” to remind me to repot a few things. Note has been there over a wk! Lol :joy::rofl:
Do you have to use an a/c & heater out there?

2 Likes

The space I use has a AC & heat duct from a furnace. However with the heat from the lights and humidity from the plants I run a dehumidifier and portable AC unit that dehumidifies and also heats. Yesterday we had a warm front move through and outside temps almost hit 80. Cranked up the dehumidifier and the portable AC (dehumidify) and got temps low 70’s and RH 58 - 60. Plants are 6-7 weeks into flower and do not want to push RH.

2 Likes

Definitely going to have to figure out an RH regulation system. The summer grow is going into the garage so we can have 2 plants in the 2x5’ tent. The heat will be in the 90s and RH 85+ nearly every day by the time the babies would be transplanted out there. Maybe like a window unit that just vents to the garage? How often are you emptying your dehumidifier?

1 Like

@Never_Legendary is it possible for you to have lights off during the day and run them at night for flowering cooler temps

2 Likes

For me varies, sometimes it can go for a week, other times it needs to be emptied twice a day. And it’s during those humid times when you do not need it shutting off for hours.

One thing you can do, if you’ve got no place else to drain it to, is to elevate the unit and then run a short piece of garden hose to a 5 gallon bucket.

I have to run 2 dehumidifiers in my basement. I don’t always need them both, but when the humidity really spikes, 1 just wasn’t cutting it.

1 Like

That’s what a lot of people do.

1 Like

@Never_Legendary I know this is an older post but one thing I wanted to mention as I did not see anyone call it out after you posted

I wanted to chime in more for future grows so if this was also part of the problem you were experiencing, you won’t encounter the fallout from too frequent waterings. These girls need a completely dry spell at some point each time you water. Unless you are in a living soil, you need to flood her and then let her dry out and flood her again. Not like a houseplant where you can give them a drink daily. She will droop, yellow and start to have all kinds of nutrient issues.