First time grow (blue dream autos) looking for advice

I prefer to only water when dry, it avoids the inevitable accidental death. It’s a delicate balance, though.

I’d say go with your gut, either decision could be a winner or a loser in this situation.

1 Like

Well it’s still pretty heavy probably just wait till tomorrow it’s just concerning to see the leaves the color they are

1 Like

I qcouldn’t tell if your pot is off the ground or not but you might try that too so the bottom of the pot will dry out. I had to learn that in my first grow. Bottom of the pot was staying wet for way longer than the rest. Once I put it on like a grate where air could flow freely underneath. Changed the game in doing so

Can a plant being too close to the light cause it to be stunted? I swear one plant has had the same sized buds for a good week or more now while the other plant has nice fat buds. They are only a week apart in age so I would think it would be more developed by now?

1 Like

It’s more likely to do with phenotyping than anything else.

So it’s kind of a wait and see thing? I just don’t wanna be wasting nutes on it if it’s not going to grow properly ya know. It sucks I can’t really hang the lights any higher than they are

Yep. You may be surprised how much bulkier the stragglers get. But it’s impossible to say - just that phenotypes vary, so every plant will be a bit different than it’s sisters.

2 Likes

Out of four wedding cakes mine were completely different from one plant to the next. Different bud structure. Canopy. Growth. Size. It all differed like crazy

2 Likes

Just seems like it’ll take like 17 weeks to be done at this rate lol

2 Likes

Patience is a hard thing. Especially with these plants. But I promise it’ll be so worth the wait at the end. You’ve got a month or more of curing after you dry for a week after harvest. Just have to enjoy the ride. It socks but is so awesome when you roll that first joint off your first grow and you get blasted, tastes smacking and smells of so good. You can look at it and say, “ I grew this gas!!” Wonderful feeling brother!

1 Like

That’s pretty much all I can say, too. Kick back and watch that paint dry. :joy:

If patience isn’t your forte, I suggest getting a second grown rolling right now. A continuous harvest is how I keep my household from running out. I often only have a week or two between a couple plants at a time.

1 Like

I wanna order some different seeds for my next grow. Something Indica, was thinking GDP or something along those lines. Sounds like they are smaller plants too which means I can fit more in the tent at one time! The blue dream ones get so damn tall and grow big long branches, it’s hard to have a lot of plants at once in there with that strain.

But I can be patient it was me really just wondering if something is wrong and how to fix it. I love to learn new things about growing! Can’t wait to see how the new light does from start to finish too

1 Like

Indicas are usually faster. I’ve only grown a couple Sativas and I find them to be a bit more demanding. They always finish ugly with branches scraggly and hanging all over the place.

1 Like

Just like this blue dream.

Definitely leggy. Different plant structure than the wedding cake. So awesome to see the differences in different strains

3 Likes

Hey just wanted to ask you about the green beams light. You have the 480 I believe, how high do you hang it for the seedling stage and how intense do you have it at that point? I wanna say I have mine around 25-40% power at 25” away. Just wanna get an idea cuz I’ve never used it and it didn’t come with any guidelines lol

2 Likes

Use the photone app. Use that to get your DLI. That way you don’t have to measure distances in guess and stuff like that. I’ll send you a diagram. If you need help with the app let me know🙏🏻

2 Likes

Hope that helps

Whats goid @Fletch422?

Living the life man lol hope you’ve been well and hope your plants are too! Just starting a new grow of Granddaddy Purp autos. Got them all to break soil just looks like the membrane on a couple of them isn’t coming off very well. Gonna check it tomorrow after work and see if they can kick it off by themselves. Used the photone app for my light got then at 12-13 DLI at the moment will increase to 16 next week. Hopefully that puts me on the right track for beautiful ladies

1 Like

All sounds good to me brother! If that membrane is still too tough give it a good misting and try again in a few hours. My first grow was ILGM GDP Autoflowers.

Things are great for me and my plants are doing amazing!

I got myself an 2 modual autopot setup over 4/20 and its astonishing how well it works. The two plants in the rear are hooked up to it. Its pretty damn cool!
Most of this grow is Ilgm genetics. Tue front two are a Purple Punch and a Blue Dream photos in the back onr the left is Skywalker OG and the one on the right is called Acid Sundae ( Lsd x Sundae Driver) from Underworld Genetics.

4 Likes