First time grow (blue dream autos) looking for advice

Sounds great! They’re looking healthy and happy that’s for sure!

1 Like

Hey this might be a silly question but what would be considered a plants day 1? I usually start counting when they break ground. Just want to know so I know when to increase light and water them again. They sprouted on the 10th so I was gonna water in a ring on the 17th and increase light as well that day

2 Likes

I dont count the germ week but the app I use does… I count seedling as day one above ground. So…:+1:

2 Likes

Spray bottles are great for watering in the beginning, keeping the soil moist but not wet. Cannabis despises wet feet.

1 Like

Only spray inside your domes. Water ring on outside of dome. Make tours search for water in turn making them grow, thrive and stretch their legs and give you a show up top!! Best I can say too is don’t overthink it

1 Like

@Docnraq hey man just had a quick question. I just watered these guys with a quart a few days ago. Do you just double the amount until you’re at full water every time? And btw this new light is awesome! The node spacing looks nice and tight this time can’t wait to see how they look in a few weeks!

Thanks for the recommendation on the light I really like it so far! Hope all is well bud! :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

@Jonesy287 thanks to you too for the light chart. Been using that since they sprouted and it seems to be a great tool! They’re in week 2 right now middle of this week I’m going to turn it up for week 3. Can’t wait to see how they do!

They’re some GDP autos, I love indicas and this is one of the best! Can’t wait to try it :drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

I use time as the judge, like say I water a quart, if in 3 days the soil isnt dry for another watering then I wait till it is dry and then reapply a quart. If in 3 days the soil IS dry then I will increase. Make sense?

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense I’ll check them today think it’s been 3 days

2 Likes

Hey think I’ve already asked this but the feeding schedule says I’m due for a flush. They are turning 5 weeks old and are due for water. I’ve only fed them once and that was the last time I watered.

Is that flush really needed right now? I watered with a half gallon last time now they’re lite again after a few days so I know I’ll need to give them more water this next time.

1 Like

The answer is no, possibly. Runoff will answer. If your runoff is on point then just wait till it isnt then flush. A little extra water on water days can help with keep the PH in check.

1 Like

Ok thats kinda what I thought thing is I haven’t had any real runoff to measure yet. I guess this next time I’ll find out

2 Likes

How did things turn out for you growbro?

1 Like

Things are looking pretty good! We’re almost to week 6 and the new light is doing great too! More bud sites on the branches overall with this light it’s really nice to see.

Just did some defoliating on them so they look pretty slim again. Got buds starting to form no color yet but I’m hoping that these GDP autos give me some nice purple bud! How’s your stuff going man?

3 Likes

Having a great run! Got 2, 4 foot monsters in my tent! Coming to the tail end of this grow. Its kinda monumental because its my first sponsored run. I can happily say that ILGM got a great return on their investment. I even managed to enter ILGM genetics into a grow off on a competitors forum. Think Im gonna win too! ILGM has offered me more seeds also. I told em it would be a month before I had room to plant more :grinning:. This grow also picked me up another seed sponsor, its been alot of fun. Im ready to chop and get the next set potted up and under the big light. The plants arent ready but I am!

2 Likes

@Docnraq i have some weirdness with the leaves on this plant going on. Thought it may be a nute deficiency of some kind but I just fed it a couple days ago and still have a lot of this going on. What does it look like to you? The others look good though!

2 Likes

Looks like either potassium or calcium.

Both could be a result of ph issues, whats your runoff look like?

1 Like

Runoff doesn’t look terrible, last watering the three of the them were at 5.8-6.0 in that range and tds was at the most 1200 but typically a little lower than that.

1 Like

If you are running in soil then the ph is not great. Really need to get the soil ph up to 6.5ph. Bellow 6.5 is when phos and potassium start to get locked out, by the time you get down into 5.8-6ph she isnt getting enough of either. It would explain why your tds is propper but still suffering deficiency.
About 20 days ago you asked about doing a flush, now may be a good time for that if you didnt do it then.

@Docnraq ok and when the flush is complete should I do a feeding with like a half gallon on each? Full water is a gallon for me it seems fyi. And yes I use FFOF for soil also. It’s weird I didn’t have a problem with the blue dream with the soil around that ph, they actually liked it it seemed like.

They are due for a flush anyway, we’re coming up on the end of week 7 now