First time fail.... kinda defeated but I'll try again :(

Plants this youngand green haven’t seen a lot of stress. I think you’re just stressing over it. I had a hermie in my first grow, not entirely sure which, hopefully the one I culled halfway through. It didn’t ruin anything by a long shot either. Still quality bud, just really random seeds.

1 Like

I’m not seeing any pollen sacs (balls)
Do you have any shots of balls?
I thought that last shot looked female but still learning this stuff so my thoughts could be totally off.

1 Like

Cant edit for some reason

I thought it looked textbook female but I’m still learning this stuff

1 Like

I blame genetics before I blame stress, there are a few outlying issues that are the exception. Be aware of pollen sacks, and nanners. (They really look like those)

1 Like

I gotta learn what nenners look like

1 Like

@Covertgrower Do you have some examples you could point me to, and what to be aware of?

I really appreciate all you guys by the way :slight_smile:

1 Like

MALE-FEMALE-plant-cannabis
Nanner=banana

1 Like

@Budz I guess just reading through the guides and this being my first grow I’m not sure what to look for. I even put a screenshot from the hermie guide and not sure what I’m seeing in that either!

1 Like

That picture is of a female. 100%. It’s just showing where you look on the plant for sex intitally.
Can also see buds starting in that picture, males don’t grow buds like that. The only pictures I’ve found even remotely usefull in the guides are in troubleshooting. Otherwise they seem generally random tbh. the information in the text is great tho. Just never could figure out how the pictures tied in on most of them.

3 Likes

Everything you’ve posted looks female. I don’t have any examples of a herm, I just destroy them. If I come across another one, I’ll definitely save it and post it. But let’s hope not.

2 Likes

@Budz @Covertgrower

Thank you both for the replies. It’s actually encouraging and I don’t mean to be a panicking noob :grin:

2 Likes

If I could find a pollen sack on any in my flowering tent I’d also share a picture of a herm. I know I had one. Just can’t find it and two plants where eliminated already.

1 Like

Thank God…I thought I was stupid or losing my mind

1 Like

So I think your really over stressing. We all do at times. It’s part of the growing experience. When I started growing I had a full head of hair. Now I’m bald as a babies butt. It gets easier. Plus a ton of really helpful people.

3 Likes

@Fishhunter
I think you’re right. I’m just notorious for not really having a green thumb, and investing in stuff and learning to grow is intimidating.

That being said, so far it’s been FUN. I enjoy learning and everyone around here has been so helpful and I appreciate people answering my ridiculous questions or simply telling me everything is going to be alright and chill put cause I’m over thinking it lol

3 Likes

i concur Themo. when i got into this a little over a year ago (COVID hobby, lol), i was reminded of the proverb “the best fertilizer is the gardeners shadow”. Unfortunately i took that a little TOO literally. i went through 9 of my 10 ILGM Autumn Haze seeds before i finally got the last one to “survive my efforts and level of care”.
I think someone here may have literally told me, if you don’t get your shadow out of they way, your poor seedling will never get any light.
A lot of the folks that get into this are control freaks by nature (lol, some of us actually admit it). there are a LOT of serious high level geeks here, just pop into any thread with dbrn chatting tech about lighting or keystone talking about genetics (i think that is what he was talking about. Definately need to re-read that one a few more times.

Best advice is what some good folks have already posted in your journal. keep doing what you are doing, they look healthy. with our kids we worry that little johnny isnt as tall as bobby or what ev…
while we refer to these girls as our children, they are not OUR genetics so we dont know what they are supposed to be. they are all a little different. if they are growing and looking healthy, you have passed the #1 goal (just don’t kill them).

Keep posting (with pics) and asking questions, and try to ease up on the stress. folks here will point out if they see an issue. try to enjoy this. its supposed to be a hobby, right?

2 Likes

@JackAndSan That’s some very wise words my friend and I’ll be sure to take them to heart!

Hi again friends! Hope you all had an excellent day. So a little question about watering.

I have 3 plants in 3 gal pots.i just watered them all yesterday with approximately 22ish Oz of water each, and with each I saw run off. I’m still trying to learn this 10-20% runoff business, as well as the flood/drought cycle of the plant.

I figured watering them yesterday I’d definitely not water again till like Saturday, allowing them to drought out.

My question is do you ever have plants you water on different schedules? Like if they’re more thirsty or not? Seems one of them is already drying quite a bit and I don’t know if I want to wait till Saturday or feed tomorrow. I know about learning pot weights, but I’m not there yet.

So, do you all water sometimes different plants on different schedules even though they’re all same age and same tent? I do occasionally rotate pots and switch their positions.

Thanks everyone and namaste! :pray:

@ThermoNukePanda, you mentioned something tht triggered a little concern. you said that you watered a 3 gal pot with only 22oz of water but got run off. that seems like not much water for that much soil (i am in happy frog also with added perilite). if my pots were DRY, 22 oz would def NOT give me any run-off.

so, it would seem that either

1. your soil was not dry therefore it didn’t take much to get to runoff, or
  2. perhaps you just watered close to the edge of the fabric pot and the water “soaked through the pot” before it had a chance to soak in.

so, this leads to 2 suggestions.

1. If you are having a hard time telling when your plant is dry (very common for us newbies), take an empty 3 gal pot and fill it with soil. keep it near your tent. use that to compare using the lift test. when your plant feels as light as the dry one, its dry. for me it really helped having the comparison. I was ALWAYS watering too soon.

2. To insure that your “run off” isnt really “run through the side of the pot”, you just need to water slower. i find that the Happy Frog almost seems water proof until it really gets wet, so i need to go really slow when i first start watering until it starts to soak in. tricky balance trying to get ALL the soil wet without getting too close to the edges.

Good luck

2 Likes

@JackAndSan Thank you so much for replying. Yeah, it seemed like not a heck of a lot of water, like 3 cups worth, but as you pointed out HF seems impervious sometimes.

What would you say would be a good amount to be feeding them approximately in your opinion? I’m flung to check them later and see how dry they are and probably will water, with nutrients as they’re now a little over 30 days.

Thanks!!

at 30 days mine were only taking 2-3 solo cups per feeding about every 3 days.
within the two following weeks they are up to 1/2-1 gal (trying to get to runoff) at the same 3 day schedule, but it can vary based on your size and temps.

the dry pot method is the best way to learn when, and the how much is more just water slowly until you get some soaking rhrough the bottom of the bag

1 Like