First time fail.... kinda defeated but I'll try again :(

You can swear but use other icons instead like A$$

1 Like

Everyone has plants that died on them at some point it happens get back up on that horse and keep on trotting. And overwatering is very easy to do at first just a little at a time even if you have to water more frequently they need to breathe though I’d also go through that happy frog and try taking out any sticks in their as roots can get wrapped around them you want a solid wet to dry cycle only water around where the fan leaves reach as the plant gets bigger water a bigger ring. You’ll get it stay at it that’s why I love hydro ran into so many issues with soil. dro u have total control over. And I always add perlite even vermiculite to my soil.

1 Like

For what its worth, I’m having good luck using a gallon size sprayer (can get at any big box home improvement store, mine is RoundUp). The pump style one.

Lets me get a gallon of water prepared, and the spray nozzle makes it easy to control the “pace” and location of watering (I use the “fan” setting). Clearly you still need to understand when / how much, but far easier to get good saturation IMO than cups, bottles, watering cans, etc…

Inexpensive, readily available, and plenty of size options.

4 Likes

I use a small sub pump with a 1/4 inch tubing at the end and stick it down in the soil so your watering good mix whatever your mixing in a bucket and let it do it’s thing move the hose around to different spots after a few mins works good gets nice even watering I’ve found

2 Likes

I’ve found definitely with the water cans comes out too fast and doesn’t really get to the bottom well when the plants are bigger only if you go super slow with it and in stages water some let soak in and settle then come back and water more.

2 Likes

@shady424 @CygnusX1

Hi guys! I appreciate both of you! So this is what my current watering situation looks like.

So I have a couple gallon jugs of straight tap water. I always dechlorinate at least 24 hours with jugs open. At least once I’ll cap and shake bottle and let open again.

I have the FF trio, and I’m going to mix up a jug today.

I have a watering spray/stream jug which works well and is easy to control.

The mug is exactly 8oz I measured.

I’ve been using the mug/blue watering spout to measure out and try not to overwater as I said. They’re looking dryish and trying to judge “feel” I think I’m safe doing a heavy water and trying for proper runoff today as was mentioned to me earlier. I’ll take pics after I water later and put back in tent.

Thanks again everybody and much love! This is a fun first grow, even if I don’t succeed

2 Likes

I’m also open to suggestions on how much nutes to mix per gallon of water. It’s my understanding maybe right now I should be doing 3tsp each of Grow Big and Big Bloom per gallon.

I’m probably wrong though! :laughing:

side note Yes… we have a teepee in our backyard near our firepit hahaha

1 Like

I am not familiar with those nutes. their should be a fed schedule from the mfr, but for some brands i know folks here vary from the published scheduled based on previous experience. hopefully you get get someone using foxfarm to chime in. i know i have seen chat about them in other threads. you may want to do a search

1 Like

I use jacks 321 personally had the best luck with it same measurement all the way through 3.6 of part a then 1.2 of the Epsom salt and 2.4 of part b in that order and that’s per gallon of water you use will give you 900 ppm. And you run that all the way through. Pick up a dwc setup their not that much for one setup and go dro so much more control over your plants.

2 Likes

What are the units
I.e…3.6 what? ML?

@shady424 I don’t think I’m going to be able to go to a hydroponic setup for some time, if at all. I already spent an acceptable amount on the tent and light and ventilation I feel, and I should see out what I’m trying to do. Hydroponics kind of intimidate me honestly!

This is my first attempt at even growing at all, and I’m notoriously bad with plants (apparently my little dwarf plants show that haha).

@Mr_Wormwood Yeah, I was confused too. I’m definitely not ANYWHERE near hard-core enough to know about parts pet million in solutions, let alone have devices to test. Crap, I don’t even have a pH meter :laughing:

@Mr_Wormwood, Jack’s its a dry fert, so those numbers are weight in grams per gallon. (took me a while before the lightbulb went on… oh THAT’s why they call it Jack’s 3-2-1 duh… (3.6 grams Part A, 2.4 grams Part B, and 1.2 Grams Epsom. hence 3-2-1). And i don’t even smoke weed, thank goodness for this forum.

i am mixing up a batch this morning. i had been buying the little pre-measured “test packs” on amazon cause i was having a really hard time finding Jacks in anything less than the 25LB bags. (yikes, that is still a little much for me right now). Since i had such a successful grow last time (and since so many other folks that i follow are at least trying Jacks for their base family of nutes), i decided to pull the trigger.

i still couldnt find it on Amazon, but remembered that the company is actually pretty close to me. i went to their website and can easily order the 2.2 LB bags. that is MUCH more reasonable for me in my 2 plant grow empire i have rolling here. (I consider myself EASILY in the Fortune 2 million canna-growers now).

That said, i hear where Thermo is coming from. when you are starting and you buy something the concept of just tossing it to try something else (that you havent tried) isnt comforting. Like i lot of things, i bought poorly when i started, i purchased some no-name nutes (they were cheaper) but i insisted on using them till they were gone before stepping up to something better). i know there are a lot of growers here that use FF nutes. i am keeping an eye out to spot someone to tag.

1 Like

I figured I’d best just start with the jacks as I’ll just end up there sooner or later

1 Like

@ThermoNukePanda, i did finally see a couple threads talking specifically about the FF trio, so i am tagging in a couple folks that i follow that may be able to shed some light.
@CMichGrower @beardless

1 Like

Well, I did water them yesterday. Each plant drank up a good 4-5 cups each.

They’re still definitely short and stunted :sweat_smile: That’s definitely my fault though and I hope to keep learning as I go and apply it all to the next go.

All the girls are still only 7" tall each from soil base :unamused: Thats… pitiful :sweat_smile:

Anyways, here we are this morning.

One of them is definitely going preflower? I don’t understand the stages totally yet as I’m living it and experiencing it all for the first time.

4 Likes

@JackAndSan Thanks so much! You’re appreciated :grinning:

Hate that they’re stunted but otherwise looks fabulous

And they all 3 look pre flower-y to me but I’m no expert either

2 Likes

@Mr_Wormwood I absolutely LOATHE that they are stunted :rofl::rofl: Makes me want to burn my house down in frustration :rofl::rofl:

It is what it is and I guess I just keep learning though! I’m positive it was poor early care and learning watering, combined with the early pretty chilly temps before we moved the tent to another room.

I guess I’m heartened looking at early pictures of Helmet Head Huey and how piss poor he looked in the beginning when I started this thread and seeing that he’s still “alive”, even if he doesn’t produce quality bud at this point :sweat_smile::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: